JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Replies

• jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Had an absolute blast this weekend! Got out kayaking on the lake three times, even once with my grandma who is just a phenomenal lady. Definitely did some splurging, but usually I go all out at grandma's and this time I made some better choices. Here's my check (and weigh) in!

For the weekend:
    Meal plan (Friday) and go grocery shopping on Sunday ✅
    30 minutes exercise both days ✅
    Keep indulgences low and those that I really love; limit mindless snacking ✅
    Do the best I can and learn from how it goes ✅-Definitely still learning
    Track food and exercise-on paper if I can't access this site ✅
    Water challenge-80 oz. ✅
    Relax, enjoy my family's company ✅
    Go out on the LAKE! ✅ ✅ ✅
    Post here for accountability when I can ✅
    Weigh in:
    Week 0: 190
    Week 1: 187.6
    Week 2: 187.8
    Week 3: 185.6-that's the right direction!

For tomorrow (keeping it simple for my late day!):
    House chores
    30 minutes exercise both days
    Meet 1200 net calories, counting exercise
    Track food and exercise
    Water challenge-80 oz.
    Post here for accountability when I can
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Oh yeah...I wanted to put this out there. I know I shouldn't but I feel kind of ashamed about it. In the last 6 weeks, I've gained back about 8 pounds. I know a lot of it is water weight. We've been eating a lot of takeout over the last few weeks. I need to get out the habit of doing that and back into eating healthier and moving more. I also think that I am going to keep my gym membership current and actually make time to do it!

On June 1 I was 148.8
    On June 21 I was 151.5
    On July 8 I was 159.7

So today I am starting over again. I am determined to get back to 148!

Good for you! Right now. Not tomorrow! Write down your goals JFT...DRINK LOTS OF WATER!!! And purpose to make tomorrow a success! Don't worry about the next day. And I'm right there with you...haven't weighed but I know I'm up some...

So, we need to make like a train and...
    z1hut8bvscoz.png

ooooh that was BAD!
    dcfy5rtsyyi7.png
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,689 Member
    toaljasa wrote: »
    Oh yeah...I wanted to put this out there. I know I shouldn't but I feel kind of ashamed about it. In the last 6 weeks, I've gained back about 8 pounds. I know a lot of it is water weight. We've been eating a lot of takeout over the last few weeks. I need to get out the habit of doing that and back into eating healthier and moving more. I also think that I am going to keep my gym membership current and actually make time to do it!

On June 1 I was 148.8
    On June 21 I was 151.5
    On July 8 I was 159.7

Good for you! Right now. Not tomorrow! Write down your goals JFT...DRINK LOTS OF WATER!!! And purpose to make tomorrow a success! Don't worry about the next day. And I'm right there with you...haven't weighed but I know I'm up some...

So, we need to make like a train and...
    z1hut8bvscoz.png

ooooh that was BAD!
    dcfy5rtsyyi7.png

I love your bad jokes lol
  • toaljasa
    jeschepp wrote: »
    Had an absolute blast this weekend! Got out kayaking on the lake three times, even once with my grandma who is just a phenomenal lady. Definitely did some splurging, but usually I go all out at grandma's and this time I made some better choices. Here's my check (and weigh) in!

For the weekend:
    Water challenge-80 oz. ✅
    Weigh in:

House chores
    Track food and exercise
    Water challenge-80 oz.

Look at those numbers going down down down!! It's always so exciting when we see each other's weight loss...we are all on this journey together! Way to enjoy G'ma's good cookin' while still eating less than before. That is not easy, but you did it!
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    1. Log everything I eat and stay under my calorie goal o:)
    2. Do physical therapy morning and evening o:)
    3. Drink 80 oz of water o:)
    4. Make split pea soup o:)
    5. Eat only when hungry o:)
    6. Yoga routine o:)

Didn't miss a one! Yay!

Just for Monday:

1. Log everything I eat and stay under my calorie goal.
    2. Do physical therapy morning and evening.
    3. Drink 64 oz of water.
    4. Eat only when hungry.
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    jeschepp wrote: »

For the weekend:
    Water challenge-80 oz. ✅
    Weigh in:

House chores
    Track food and exercise
    Water challenge-80 oz.

What a great weekend followed by the scale rewarding you! Woohoo!

On June 1 I was 148.8
    On June 21 I was 151.5
    On July 8 I was 159.7

Good for you for catching it and resetting. You don't have anything to be ashamed of!!
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Today's commitments:

- Stick to food plan
    - No alcohol

- 30 mins lunch break
    - French Duolingo, book
    - Check emails at intervals only
    - Listen to music to boost mood
    - Leave work at 7
  • IamBorg
    IamBorg Posts: 49 Member

July 8 (Sun):
    1. Log everything :smile:
    2. Walk or hike :frowning:
    3. Avoid sugar :smile: (OJ doesn't count for this)
    4. Drink homemade coffee :smile:
    5. Yoga 15 mins :frowning:
    6. Avoid midnight snack, or if needed keep under 100 calories :smile:
    7. Drink 1 L water :neutral: (got in about half that or so)
    8. Complete physics homework :neutral: (Almost! Got through most of it)
    9. Work on notes for exam :frowning: (nope)

Since I missed dinner and am eating late, it's going to mess up tomorrow's numbers. Before when I did this, it worked best to decide on a set definition of a day, which is midnight to midnight. Otherwise my weird schedule makes logging really inaccurate.

July 9 (Mon):
    1. Log everything
    2. Walk or hike
    3. Drink Homemade coffee
    4. Drink 1 L water
    5. Complete physics homework and exam notes

• HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Good morning everyone! Thank you to always my friends that helped pick me up last night. I am feeling much better today. I got up early and did some yoga. My back is sore this morning so I did a video that helped to loosen it a bit. I don't think I should have worn heels today though. My calves are screaming. Lol.

I just have to make it through today and I have another two days off! I am finally going to get our old car junked! I'm actually really excited about that. Lol we need the money.
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    JFY (Sunday 7/8/18)
    1) Log all my food :)
    2) Stay "in the green" with my calories :)
    3) Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake :/
    4) Drink all my water before having a Diet Coke :)
    5) Complete Day 3 in my new Beck Diet Solutions :)
    6) Laundry :)

JFT (Monday 7/8/18)
    1) Log all my food
    2) Stay "in the green" with my calories
    3) Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake
    4) Drink all my water before having a Diet Coke
    5) Complete Day 4 in my new Beck Diet Solutions
    6) Go to the gym
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    sarah74_vt wrote: »
    So yesterday my husband, boys and I went to a family BBQ and I had all good intentions not to eat over my calorie limit. I did really well the first half of the day, but by the time all the pot luck dishes arrived and the food was all there, I kind of lost it. LOL

I was wondering if anyone had any good ideas/tips on how to keep yourself on track during an occasion like a BBQ or a holiday get-together? I feel like I do pretty well during "normal" days when I'm working from home etc..., but it's the bbqs etc... that still get me. Tips that have worked for any of you would be GREATLY appreciated!! Thanks! :smile:

Thank you so much to everyone who responded to my question! I got a lot of good insight and ideas. The biggest thing I got out of your feedback is to allow myself a little leeway during these events and maybe do a little more planning ahead (bring a healthy dish to share, etc...).
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    @monstersweetsbyallison - Life is crazy! The only thing I can plan for is that my plan is going to have to be replanned :D

@nickssweetheart - Thanks for the intro - it's so nice to get to know you! I kind of just jumped in here myself without a formal intro - so my name is Ali! "But a plan is only a plan, it exists to serve me, not the other way around. Sometimes I have to remind myself of this!" I LOVE THIS SO MUCH! Adding this to my daily reminders!

@cschmitz110515 - Thank you! I totally agree that this thread has been monumental in my weight loss journey this time around.

@Faebert - Winning at a party like that is the ultimate success!! Way to go!

@jeschepp - Hope you had so much fun this weekend! Visiting Grandma is the best at any age - good one you to have the insight to prepare and also to enjoy! I love reading and sharing in this thread. It's really made all the difference for me this time around to be a part of this community.

@mytime6630 - Yes! Congrats on a great achievement!

@Snowflake1968 - I have to remind myself of it every single day. "Progress, not perfection." and "Dont slash the other three tires just because you popped one." are little ditties I have to constantly repeat to myself. Here in JFT there is a sense of community that goes a long with all fighting the same fight that gives me a little more strength tho! Yay for the good vibe tribe!

@IamBorg - Welcome :)

@sarah74_vt - Cook outs and parties are HARD. I try to make sure to eat before I go, at least a snack. Having some emergency snacks has helped me before too; sometimes waiting for the food puts me to a point where I'm STARVING and then I'm in trouble. So a granola bar and an orange in my bag along with a big old water bottle can make all the difference sometimes. I try to pick a few things that are "special" and eat a reasonable portion and allow myself one dessert. Or I just throw caution to the wind and eat three plates of everything because...lol

@HGSmith0920 - You are BUSY! That dinner sounds delicious! The past few weeks have been rough for me too food wise. The heat, the long days, all the commitments...it catches up to you! It makes all the difference to acknowledge what's happening and make the decision to change the course. Way to go! Also, definitely not something to be embarrassed about - but I get it. I think you're brave for posting about it anyway!
  • toaljasa
    @HGSmith0920

How are you getting on today? Are you staying "on track???"

As I mentioned in my reply to you, I fell off the journey's path big time while away seeing some of our kids. I didn't exercise (too hot and muggy and just, NO) and I didn't drink the 6-8 cups of water that I really think helps me.

So, today, I have walked and I am on my 4th cup of water. I have also prelogged which is my modified July challenge. So, what about you? Glad you were able to stretch some of the soreness out of your back---it make me cranky when my back is hurting.

Keep moving!
    rxnkh21v1hog.png

• AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    JFT Recap
    1. Log all food :)
    2. Eat breakfast :)
    3. Be kind >:) It was a stressful day that I could have handled better in many cases!

Kept goals simple this weekend because plans changed and changed and changed again. Saturday we were going to "not leave the house and get everything done." HAH. Got an invite from friends we have not seen in a while so spent the day visiting and catching up instead. I brought snacks but we didnt leave until 9, didnt get home until 10, and I ate taco bell. Yesterday I "forgot" to make my breakfast smoothie - aka made an excuse not to eat it and got burger king breakfast instead. We went and looked at a house we want to buy. Then tried to go pick up a washing machine from craigslist - arrived and it was not as advertised so that was a wasted trip. Drove back to work to swap cars (we took the shop truck to transport the washing machine, love our work) - left a phone behind had to turn around to get it. Bunch of other small errands all among this stuff. So we decided we wanted to make an offer on the house, managed to throw that together early evening. Our offer is good on the house until 8PM tonight - until then I'll be biting my nails! Still hadnt eaten lunch but all the excitement left me without an appetite. Until I was starving - so we ordered a pizza - I was excepting cheese but apparently DH is stress eating too because he ordered a meat combo :D The house is still trashed, the dishes need to be done, I havent meal planned or prepped in over a week. My weight is somehow hovering around 197 - and my pants that didnt fit just a month ago required a belt this morning. So I suppose I am moving more than I have been previously. I have so many emotions right now. House buying is literally a roller coaster ride. I'm super grateful we have this opportunity and even more grateful I'm in a good head space and working on my health already. DH and I were talking this morning about life changes and how hard it is to REALLY change habits. Together, we have quit drinking, quit smoking, given up going out every weekend, and really started thinking about our future. We lost a lot of friends a long the way, but we found ourselves. So we know we are capable and the hard work it takes, we just have to keep swimming! This morning we both agreed we would work together to spruce up the house. I didnt bring my smoothie again this morning - but I did manage to pack a lunch. And I brought my dog to work today for a little extra moral support - they let me bring her in whenever I just try not to abuse the privilege. Going to look back at my early goals to get back to basics a bit.

JFT Monday
    1. Three waters before noon
    2. Eat when you are hungry - stop when you are full
    3. Log all food
    4. Be kind
    5. Eat lunch I packed
    6. Meds AM and PM
    7. 15 Wall push ups/bathroom trip
  • HGSmith0920
    @HGSmith0920

As I mentioned in my reply to you, I fell off the journey's path big time while away seeing some of our kids. I didn't exercise (too hot and muggy and just, NO) and I didn't drink the 6-8 cups of water that I really think helps me.

So, today, I have walked and I am on my 4th cup of water. I have also prelogged which is my modified July challenge. So, what about you? Glad you were able to stretch some of the soreness out of your back---it make me cranky when my back is hurting.

Keep moving!
    rxnkh21v1hog.png

I'm doing well! My whole day has been prelogged- foodwise at least. Lol. Burned some extra calories. Spent my 7 minute ride to work praying and most of the day reading a Dave Ramsey book. I'm currently eating my lunch but very slowly so that I can actually feel when I'm full. I brought some fruit with me too. I'm one water bottle down and only 3 cups of coffee. I'm going to see how long I can push off the 4th one. Lol. I feel newly inspired. And I stepped in the scale this morning and was down to 157 so I think you were right about the water weight. It was just a total shock to see that.
  • toaljasa
    Happy Monday! It's a new week. We can start fresh. If you've stumbled today, straighten yourself up, put your head up, and change; move in the right direction.

Over the past few weeks we've become even more cohesive; more actively supportive of one another; as I've said before, most of us are on a health/life journey. We are walking together---some days I have the privilege of pulling someone along with encouragement, cheering and celebrating a victory, or sitting for a few moments in a state of compassion. Other days, some of you are pulling me along, encouraging me, giving me the strength and will to push on.

We are hanging on to each other's coattails. We no longer have to go it alone.
    28c7ap5deyid.png

As @auntmosmail mentioned, we are real people with everyday struggles. We have found this place to be a safe haven to confess our mistakes, to vent, to lament, but also realizing, someone is going to come along and kick our keister into gear when we need it!

We are very blessed to have Joan start this group, keep it going, and to lead the way in being real and honest.

Peace and joy, friends!
    pkzm0ieka6u3.png

• toaljasa
    @HGSmith0920

Keep moving!
    rxnkh21v1hog.png

I'm doing well! My whole day has been prelogged- foodwise at least. Lol. Burned some extra calories. Spent my 7 minute ride to work praying and most of the day reading a Dave Ramsey book. I'm currently eating my lunch but very slowly so that I can actually feel when I'm full. I brought some fruit with me too. I'm one water bottle down and only 3 cups of coffee. I'm going to see how long I can push off the 4th one. Lol. I feel newly inspired. And I stepped in the scale this morning and was down to 157 so I think you were right about the water weight. It was just a total shock to see that.

Well, I wish I could say my weight gain was due to water...but I'd be lying, lol!!! But I'm moving forward again...and I'm not despairing...and it sounds like you aren't either, so yea for us!!! (drink one more cup of water before that 4th cup of coffee!!!)
  • HGSmith0920
    My goals for July!!

1. Yoga 3x a week (class or video)
    2. Bring lunch 3x a week
    3. Weigh in every Sunday
    4. Gym 1x a week
    5. Log faithfully 4x a week
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    edited July 2018

On June 1 I was 148.8
    On June 21 I was 151.5
    On July 8 I was 159.7

@HGSmith0920 - you are not alone with the weight gain.

I think that may be largely why I have been reluctant to post these last few months. I am so unhappy about my lack of progress lately. I remind myself that I am in still doing well and better than when I started, but I have put on 10 pounds since starting my new job in January. The gain has stopped, but now I am fighting so get back in the right mindset.

I need to remind myself that I have this great support system in JFT - because that is what you all are.

I am still happy about the new job though. It was a great change. It is the change in schedule that is being a challenge. It's not a big deal - not like I work second or third shift. I work starting at 9 eastern time and am scheduled until 6, however most of my team works in California so I am frequently on later.

I think when the school teacher husband goes back to work in August I can make some effective changes. He will be up and out at 6:45. Right now it is hard to motivate to leave early to workout in the morning when he is home and it is so nice to be together. It's too bloody hot & humid to do much outdoors when I come home, or else it is raining and lightning. I am in central Florida so the heat is constant for months here and lets not even talk about the humidity. (I actually love the weather, but am realistic about what I can do and not be miserable for the rest of the evening.)

I need a JFT list
    July Challenge - got my meals planned thru Wednesday
    Two things out of the closet into the garbage or donate bag
    Cleanout guest bath cabinets.