Eat Keto Diet Daily and Track - 30 Day Challenge

Options

Replies

• Lilt2511
    Lilt2511 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'll join. I've been doing Keto since Jan 2, but not really since then. I keep going off for a week or a month at a time due to vacation, holidays or other things. It's hard to stay on for me because I have to prepare separate meals for myself because my family won't do it with me. But I've lost 30 pounds. I know it could have been more had I stayed on it right, so that's discouraging, but I'm back on as of the 8th. Determined to stay on this time. I still have 50 more pounds to lose.
  • Ironpen92
    Ironpen92 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Keto Buddies, I'm in too! I've been kind of playing at keto for the last month. Lost about 4# in about 3 weeks, from cutting out processed carbs. Just starting today, I changed MFP to help me track macros. Had a real hard time getting enough calories because by end of dinner, all I could do is pretty much drink olive oil! I didn't. :smile:
    Upcoming challenge, I travel a lot, and will be on the road for a week beginning this Saturday.
    I welcome any ideas to eat keto on the road!
    Would love to be friends with anyone interested!
    Cheers :-)
    I try pepperoni, babybel, hard boiled eggs, my own 1/2 and 1/2 or Heavy Whipping cream (if you like it in coffee or tea) nuts (pre portioned), Epic has a couple good meat snack...siraccha chicken is pretty good (a lot of the others have higher carbs).
    hope this helps https://www.travelingmom.com/travel-tips/low-carb-keto-diet-snacks/
  • Blubberbuster1
    Blubberbuster1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I'll join. Day two today. Hit 71% fat, 25% protein and 4% carb with my dinner tonight accounted for. I've lost a lot with the eat less/move more method, but have completely stalled since March-ish. Need something new to get back at it.

Been reading The Obesity Code, makes a lot of sense.

That's perfect macros mate! keep it up.
  • amanda_snax
    amanda_snax Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there - count me in! I started keto on 4/22, was strict for 1 month, and have been off the rails ever since.
    I lost 10 pounds, but my loss stalled, and I got discouraged after the first month.

A few things I struggled with:
    - eating enough food (I'd feel completely satisfied on 1200 calories a day eating keto style!)
    - consuming too much sugar substitute - my face has been breaking out terribly thanks to splenda - going cold turkey w/ no sugar!
    - staying within my macros - keeping the carbs low is easy, but keeping the protein at a moderate level and the fat high was very tough for me!

Looking forward to posting here for accountability, and hoping to get lots of meal and snack inspiration!
  • mcranmer58
    mcranmer58 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I started Sunday for the first time and know several this has absolutely been life changing for. I am concerned I may be getting too much protein but I've lost a little over 2lbs already. Maybe I am doing it right. See below and provide any feedback you think is needed. Thanks for starting this. I am motivated on this and believe it will work for me.
    So far typical day is:
    B: 2 eggs with 2 sausage patties for breakfast, Plan to use bacon next week instead of sausage.
    L: 4 oz hamburger patty with a little bit of shredded cheddar on top, mayo and either a couple of romaine lettuce leafs or a small portion of a cauliflour mash. Plan to use tuna or egg salad w/ Mayo and a little dijon next week
    D: 6 to 8 Homemade baked separated Chicken wings w/Franks Sauce, 2.5 tbls of Blue Cheese dressing and about 2 cut of celery stalks. Plan to use chicken legs and a small serving of salad or vegetable w/dressing
    Snack: Sargento cheese stick for snack.
    I've been getting in 100 oz or more of water per day too.

• bejuled74
    bejuled74 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I am currently in my 4th week of the Keto WOE. I use exogenous ketone drinks to help make the transition from a high carb diet to a very lo carb diet. I've lost 17lbs. so far, I haven't weighed in this week yet. I'm hoping I can still get some more weight off before I plateau.
  • kapexton
    kapexton Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join this...but am still figuring out my tracking. So, I'll be back once I get that set. Hoping later today.
  • 68Sophie
    68Sophie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'd like to participate! But, I've just had surgery-my Keto start date is 8/5/2018 after recovery! <3
  • BonniePC
    BonniePC Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I am trying to input my personal macros into My Fitness Pal and don't know where to go to find the custom goal setup, can anyone help me?
  • htek808
    htek808 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join. I started my journey on February 1, 2018 and love it. It was a roller coaster ride to get into my head that fat is good and I don't a high protein intake while lifting weights. I've lost 72lbs thus far.

My macros are: 20G net carbs, 20% protein, 75% fat...this works. I played with 25-30% protein and lower fat, but those %s weren't as effective as the % to keep net carbs at 20G, 20% protein, and 75% fat. I'm in a 25-30% deficit...a little aggressive. I plateaued last month and took the time to maintain then went into a calorie surplus for the last two weeks. July 2nd is when I shifted to a strict keto macro of 3-4% carbs, 20% protein, >75% fat and in a 25-30% calorie deficit.

I created a calculator based on references from PerfectKeto.com and FreeDieting.com. This has helped me with staying on track with a targeted daily calorie deficit.

I subscribe to the following YT channels: Thomas DeLauer and Jason Wittrock. These are the IG profiles I follow: ketohackershop, ruledme, thomasdelauer. There are others I follow, but these are the ones focused on keto.

Struggles:
    • Trusting the information about moderate protein and high fat
    • Staying consistent as I changed things (macros and workout) after a short period
    • Not much of a struggle thus far, but occasionally the desire to join family when eating a yummy dessert (I turn to my maple pecan fat bombs and halo top peanut butter ice cream...if within my macros... ;) )
    • Not getting enough sleep
    • Getting used to my new core temp... :)

What works for me:
    • Intermittent fasting with a minimum 16/8 window.
    • Weight lifting 4-5x a week, PPL
    • Simple meals with 2 per day and a mid-afternoon protein drink. For larger meals, I skip the mid-afternoon protein drink.
    • Getting my macro percentages with each meal
    • I finally have given in to the fact to trust 3-4% carbs, 20% protein, >75% fat
    • Meal plan, track, track, track... :p

Favorite fat sources:
    • Avocado
    • Coconut oil
    • MCT oil
    • Kerry gold pure Irish butter
    • Macadamia nuts
    • Pecans
    • Heavy whipping cream

The seasonings I choose from:
    • Himalayan pink salt
    • Black pepper
    • Cayenne pepper
    • Jalapeno garlic powder
    • Minced galic
    • Ground ginger
    • Crushed ginger
    • Tumeric
    • Curry

I enjoy eating fat over carbs and living a more active lifestyle... B)

• ABRichardson2016
    ABRichardson2016 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    BonniePC wrote: »
    I'm in. I am trying to input my personal macros into My Fitness Pal and don't know where to go to find the custom goal setup, can anyone help me?

Click on the dots on bottom right in app, then choose goals, and under nutrition you can customize

cnxv32vq4z3x.png
  • tramaine_21
    tramaine_21 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I'll join. I can use some new recipe ideas to change up my keto palette.
  • uniforsister
    uniforsister Posts: 1 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I'm in... Been on it for about a week.
  • ABRichardson2016
    ABRichardson2016 Posts: 47 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Ok folks...I’m wrapping up my day 4 having tried a new chocolate mousse recipe that was pretty good, salad with pork chop for lunch, few slices of turkey, zucchini bread (Keto recipe) and a little cream cheese, and egg cups for bfast. My macros look good for the day so stocking with water the rest of the evening. I’m down 5 lbs so far so I’m pleased with things this far.

I like Dr. Axe’s site for info and recipe. What are other people finding helpful? Www.Drake.com

Also, I was wondering for those who have been following ketos plan for a while, has your skin improved, remained the same or gotten worse? I have read a variety of things about this. I struggle with hormonal and inflammation-induced acne at times, so I am hoping to avoid a flare up (I sell skincare so it’s not good for biz for my skin to look crazy!). Lol
  • X255
    X255 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello all...I'd like to join, however I am not quite keto, but I've been low carb since September and have lost over 60 pounds so far. I'd like to join for support in losing my last 25 pounds, and possibly share ideas with each other too.
  • Losingweightforgood2019
    Options
    Ok folks...I’m wrapping up my day 4 having tried a new chocolate mousse recipe that was pretty good, salad with pork chop for lunch, few slices of turkey, zucchini bread (Keto recipe) and a little cream cheese, and egg cups for bfast. My macros look good for the day so stocking with water the rest of the evening. I’m down 5 lbs so far so I’m pleased with things this far.

I like Dr. Axe’s site for info and recipe. What are other people finding helpful? Www.Drake.com

Also, I was wondering for those who have been following ketos plan for a while, has your skin improved, remained the same or gotten worse? I struggle with hormonal and inflammation-induced acne at times that I am hoping to avoid a flare up (I sell skincare so it’s not good for biz for my skin to look crazy!). Lol

Oddly enough, I seem to be clearing up. So that's a plus😊