Eat Keto Diet Daily and Track - 30 Day Challenge

Options

Replies

• ABRichardson2016
    ABRichardson2016 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    X255 wrote: »
    Hello all...I'd like to join, however I am not quite keto, but I've been low carb since September and have lost over 60 pounds so far. I'd like to join for support in losing my last 25 pounds, and possibly share ideas with each other too.

Welcome!!!!
  • ABRichardson2016
    Options
    DEBOO7 wrote: »
    An observation... keto isn't a diet. A diet suggests a short-term activity for immediate gain. Keto is about making life changes, building new habits, educating yourself about what you're eating and understanding what triggers over indulgence.

Thanks for this comment. I agree with the perspective and am a constant work in progress on this- I have struggled with my weight since I was a child so definitely need a lifestyle change.
  • Akludze7
    Akludze7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Lea I would like to join please add me. I started the Keto diet 3 days ago and loss 7 pounds so far
  • nurse99ca
    nurse99ca Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sounds good!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your 30 days. :)

If anyone is looking for more information on keto, try the low carber daily and keto MFP groups. There's a lot of good info in those groups.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1143-keto
  • willcarreira
    willcarreira Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just wondering if anyone has the same outlook concerning Keto as I do. Concerning keto, I think of it as a "Winter" diet. I imagine descendants were pushed to intermittent fasting based on the reduction in availability of "easy" food in the winter so meals would be spaced out, mostly protein and fat. There would be very little carbs available. Come spring/summer, our diets would naturally shift to slightly more carb dominant with greater frequency. Thus, I am playing with the theory that keto should be cycled. Just some thoughts.
  • Losingweightforgood2019
    Options
    Today did Zumba
    Dance central (PlayStation game) food work out
    Power walked the dog (poor dog she still panting) but have to wait til sundown it's just too hot!
  • xfc1
    xfc1 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I can't just go low carb suddenly because I get really tired and that doesn't mix well with my job. I've decided to drop carbs by 10g/day above 100g and 5g/day below 100g.
  • alourdes_J
    alourdes_J Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am in. Looking for ideas and tip but I am dairy and gluten free.
  • crosbycrosby49
    crosbycrosby49 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    what is mason jar ice cream
  • pbyancey10
    pbyancey10 Posts: 1 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I'd like to join. My daughter introduced me to this and I'm trying to keep it up. Need to learn some good recipes. Plus I'm going into surgery soon and the surgeon also recommended this.
  • sykin
    sykin Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I've been looking for more Keto friends! I used to do challenges on MFP when just counting calories and exercising and I loved the motivation of them. I must say, it would be a lot easier in a group format, rather than just a single thread. Unless I'm missing a group link somewhere?

I've been doing Keto for about 3 weeks now and while I've only lost 9 pounds, I'm already down a pant size so I'm happy with the progress as it is. My first goal is to lose 15 pounds by August 30! We'll see. LOL - my biggest struggle is getting my calories in for the day. I try to eat but if I'm not hungry, I just don't feel motivated to eat. So that's throwing me off. Luckily after making one batch of Keto vanilla ice cream and only being able to eat a couple bites, my sweets cravings have gone away. I never really liked sweets before, but my body apparently really wanted them when I cut out carbs! LOL
    Just wondering if anyone has the same outlook concerning Keto as I do. Concerning keto, I think of it as a "Winter" diet. I imagine descendants were pushed to intermittent fasting based on the reduction in availability of "easy" food in the winter so meals would be spaced out, mostly protein and fat. There would be very little carbs available. Come spring/summer, our diets would naturally shift to slightly more carb dominant with greater frequency. Thus, I am playing with the theory that keto should be cycled. Just some thoughts.

I've thought about this as well, but I don't do intermittent fasting with my meal planning. Sometimes it happens unintentionally, but I've wondered why our bodies react the way they do and thought back to how people used to eat and what was available.
  • christschild2
    christschild2 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Alright
  • ABRichardson2016
    edited July 2018
    Options
    sykin wrote: »
    I've been looking for more Keto friends! I used to do challenges on MFP when just counting calories and exercising and I loved the motivation of them. I must say, it would be a lot easier in a group format, rather than just a single thread.

You have not missed a link. I am pretty new to this so I am not sure what is different in a group versus this thread or how to set something like that up. Do you mean having a link to a private FB group or something? I’m open to ideas to offer more to our group here!
  • Niteraven918
    Niteraven918 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Keto off and on for years. Lost well over 50 lbs on it. I'll join you.
  • investit
    investit Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    To reach the Groups feature, first, click the "Community" tab at the top of the website. Then, click “Groups” in the navigation sub-tab. Finally, click “Create New Group” at the top right of the page. To reach the Groups feature, first tap "Community," in the menu or “More” screen.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    Good luck on your 30 days. :)

If anyone is looking for more information on keto, try the low carber daily and keto MFP groups. There's a lot of good info in those groups.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1143-keto

You don't really need a new group - both of the groups mentioned in this post are excellent places to hang out and have a TON of information about the low-carb/keto lifestyles.

BTW - congrats to all who have made the commitment and progress with this lifestyle!
  • Ironpen92
    Ironpen92 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I would love to have some friends who are on the Keto diet. I like to look at others people Food Diary to see what they eat that may be different from mine. Please add me!

Sarah, I can't remember how to friend request some one but you can request me and I'll add you so you can look at my log
  • Ironpen92
    Ironpen92 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Day 2 of Keto for me. Looking for some good recipe ideas and support! I'm in!!

https://lowcarbyum.com/recipes/ has some good recipes