The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• idramafree35
    idramafree35 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello! I'm 41 and (like everyone else), just want to be healthy and lose some weight.
  • bikecheryl
    bikecheryl Posts: 1,431 Member
    Flying out of town on a work trip but I did manage to fit my golf shoes and glove in my carry on. 👍😉Hoping to get a game in tonight right after I land and another tomorrow. Have a great day everyone, stay strong!!😊
  • mstanford81
    mstanford81 Posts: 1 Member
    I will be 37 in 4 months! I used to be very active, running half marathons a few times a year. However, with a job change and medication change came about 50lbs. I'm trying to get back into shape before my 37th birthday. I have two kids and want to be a good role model for them. feel free to add me!
  • Italiandiva38
    Italiandiva38 Posts: 18 Member
    edited July 2018
    Hi everyone! I'm 42yrs young and looking for new friends on the same journey of health and fitness. Feel free to send me a friend request. I was on MFP a while ago and I came back. Just taking it one day at a time.. I started weight training and cardio again, just have to be more consistent.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    RandJ6280 wrote: »
    I WANT to lose POUNDS. So, for my cardio, I'm going to start running (ok... jog/walk combo for now). I am starting TODAY getting ready for the Holiday Streak. I did it in 2013, 2014 , 2015 and 6 days in 2016 before I had an injury. BUT on this Holiday Streak, I did lose weight, so therefore.... let the jogging begin. This morning I did 3.1 miles in 44 minutes.

Thought of the Day: The man who can drive himself further once the effort gets painful, is the man who will win - Roger Bannister, first man to run a sub 4 min mile

Congrats on deciding to run. My two cents: Don't underestimate the benefits of run/walk intervals. A number of people in my training group, including my coach, are using the run/walk approach to minimize our chances of overuse injury while simultaneously building bike and run volume for an August race. Most of us employ a 4 min run/1 min walk approach.
  • staceylmstar193
    staceylmstar193 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi everyone 🙋 I'm 35. Feel free to add me. I'm looking for support thru my journey to get health. I battle Body Dysmorphia so this is a huge step for me. I've met some very nice people on this app already.
  • LCantrell
    LCantrell Posts: 73 Member
    Hi, I'm 54. Feel free to add me also! Happy hump day! :smiley:
  • Egger29
    Egger29 Posts: 14,741 Member
    46 from Victoria Canada here! Open to do what I can do lift up others through difficult challenges ahead.
  • resale3108
    resale3108 Posts: 294 Member
    resale3108 wrote: »
    Well, I’m in pain!
    Out mountain biking with the ankle biters; long story short, pinch puncture (immediate deflation) of front tyre, lose control, off bike, land with a bump, left elbow is now up like a balloon, lower back, left hip and left butt ache lots - but I drink with my right hand - so still fine!!!

There's always a positive! :D

Absolutely! And even if both arms were injured I could still us a straw!!!
  • sonyaolson5433
    sonyaolson5433 Posts: 3 Member
    44 here! Feel free to add me!
  • beachgal0626
    beachgal0626 Posts: 1,910 Member
    Well, I’m in pain!
    Out mountain biking with the ankle biters; long story short, pinch puncture (immediate deflation) of front tyre, lose control, off bike, land with a bump, left elbow is now up like a balloon, lower back, left hip and left butt ache lots - but I drink with my right hand - so still fine!!!

There's always a positive! :D

Absolutely! And even if both arms were injured I could still us a straw!!!

Yes, indeed! Cheers!
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Djproulx wrote: »
    RandJ6280 wrote: »
    I WANT to lose POUNDS. So, for my cardio, I'm going to start running (ok... jog/walk combo for now). I am starting TODAY getting ready for the Holiday Streak. I did it in 2013, 2014 , 2015 and 6 days in 2016 before I had an injury. BUT on this Holiday Streak, I did lose weight, so therefore.... let the jogging begin. This morning I did 3.1 miles in 44 minutes.

Thought of the Day: The man who can drive himself further once the effort gets painful, is the man who will win - Roger Bannister, first man to run a sub 4 min mile

Congrats on deciding to run. My two cents: Don't underestimate the benefits of run/walk intervals. A number of people in my training group, including my coach, are using the run/walk approach to minimize our chances of overuse injury while simultaneously building bike and run volume for an August race. Most of us employ a 4 min run/1 min walk approach.

I second the walk/run intervals. I hate running and it makes it slightly less torturous haha.

Happy Wednesday all
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member

[/quote]

I haven't checked in since this post. I had to get through fight week and then I have slacked a little this week, after the intensity of a fight camp and fight weekend. I won my MMA debut last weekend at age 43.

First round was down right ugly in the beginning. I got my mind right after some clinch work and hard knees to my opponent. I can out in the second round, took him down, and choked him and got the tap. My opponent hit like a truck and was significantly better striking. I was fortunate that my Jiu Jitsu and wrestling was superior to his. I learned a lot about myself during the entire process. After the birth of my children it was one of the pivotal experiences in my life. Not too long ago, I was almost 100lbs heavier, a two pack a day smoker. Now I hate all forms of tobacco, 100lbs lighter, in the best overall shape of my life and have an amateur win in one of the toughest and most grueling sports there is. What a change...

[/quote]

Impressive!! Congratulations on the win and the amazing life changing transformation.

• josephparsons92
    josephparsons92 Posts: 23 Member
    hello everyone. 52 feel free to add me. kinda new to mfp
  • Outnumbered222
    Outnumbered222 Posts: 6 Member
    Brabo_Grip wrote: »
    This morning I Hit my goal for my weight cut! I need to maintain for 6 days until I take off 2.5lbs of water. Then one week from today I climb into the cage for the first (and probably only) time. 😳

Wishing you loads of luck.

Thanks! As long as I don't embarrass my Coach or gym and avoid a trip to the hospital I will consider it a victory whether or not I win or lose.

I haven't checked in since this post. I had to get through fight week and then I have slacked a little this week, after the intensity of a fight camp and fight weekend. I won my MMA debut last weekend at age 43.

First round was down right ugly in the beginning. I got my mind right after some clinch work and hard knees to my opponent. I can out in the second round, took him down, and choked him and got the tap. My opponent hit like a truck and was significantly better striking. I was fortunate that my Jiu Jitsu and wrestling was superior to his. I learned a lot about myself during the entire process. After the birth of my children it was one of the pivotal experiences in my life. Not too long ago, I was almost 100lbs heavier, a two pack a day smoker. Now I hate all forms of tobacco, 100lbs lighter, in the best overall shape of my life and have an amateur win in one of the toughest and most grueling sports there is. What a change...

Great job!! My two older boys are very active in martial arts. Just spent the weekend at a tournament with my oldest. He didn’t win his fight, but we celebrated not needing to call the paramedics to the ring anyway lol. I know how difficult and demanding the sport can be. You should be very proud!
  • Outnumbered222
    Outnumbered222 Posts: 6 Member
    Hi! 43 year old mom of 3 boys just doing the best I can to maintain balance in life. Always like to make new friends. Feel free to add me.
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    Good morning all!
  • EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    I’m 44 and from the Southeast US.

Since February, I’ve dropped 51 pounds using an intermittent fasting program and low glycemic foods. My goal is to eat one meal a day, but workout days often require two feedings in a short window of no more than 4 hours.

Feel free to add me.
  • SJBalarezo
    SJBalarezo Posts: 7 Member
    Hello, feel free to add me too 💜🤘
  • sugarandsnark
    sugarandsnark Posts: 1 Member
    Hi everyone. Somehow I ended up being 39 when I wasn't looking. First time in my life I've ever frequented a gym or excercised at all really. Busy trying to repair some of the damage I've done. ;)