Eat Keto Diet Daily and Track - 30 Day Challenge

Options

Replies

• 2busyb
    2busyb Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    wiginn wrote: »
    Day 5 for me today. I’ve been tracking and doing fairly well at hitting my macros. I’ve been feeling crappy (Keto flu??) the past couple of days and today I have had a constant headache. Any tips for getting over this quickly?

I got over keto flu 1x by increasing sodium & magnesium with salted almonds. Next time I felt bad, as much as it sucked I got up and walked mall 15k total steps that day- I heard keto flu best to work out & check electrolytes and it worked for me. Good luck.
  • ABRichardson2016
    ABRichardson2016 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    wiginn wrote: »
    Day 5 for me today. I’ve been tracking and doing fairly well at hitting my macros. I’ve been feeling crappy (Keto flu??) the past couple of days and today I have had a constant headache. Any tips for getting over this quickly?

Are you drinking enough water? I shoot for at least 60 oz a day
  • ABRichardson2016
    Options
    I’m in! My husband and I just started keto on Monday. We’re keeping net carbs below 50 at this point as we get started. Keto was suggested to me by a NP I am seeing for medically supervised weight loss to hopefully fix my incessant sugar cravings. In addition to always being supportive, my hubby doesn’t really cook, so he’s doing it with me! 😜

My sugar cravings were off the chart too which was a huge part of my weight problem. This is the first time in over a year I have not felt like I’m constantly battling the urge to eat sweets!
  • ABRichardson2016
    Options
    Hi,
    Started keto 3 days ago. I'm finding im going over my recommend 1300 kals alot by trying to get more fat in to balance everything out. Some websites say dont count calories other say to do. What is working for everyone? Do you count them or not?

Also does anyone know if lucozade zero would affect the ketosis?
    Thanks

I’m counting calories but it’s not my primary focus. I think you should be able to eat more calories and still lose as long as macros are correct. Curious as to what others have experienced.
  • amybethjack
    amybethjack Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hallse wrote: »
    I'm in. On week 2. Lost 9 pounds in week 1. It seems I'm at a bit of a stall this week. My macros are 20g carbs, 97g fat, 127g protein. I measure blood ketones and have basically stayed between 2.7 and 3.1.

Wife made a pesto chicken recipe from https://headbangerskitchen.com/recipe/grilled-pesto-chicken/ and it was better than I expected.

Fathead pizza was a good substitute. Something that I recently found and love when I need a sweet is Quest Hero bars. Only 4 net carbs!! Check them out!

Here's a question for the group...from what I've read, your protein should be .8-1.2 x lean body mass, carbs should be below 25g, and fat should fill the remainder of the calories/grams to feel satiated. Is that the consensus? Because some keto calculators I've found will have a much higher ratio of fat vs carbs. I'm just trying to figure this weight stall out.

I eat to 1400 calories and my macros are 5% carbs (under 20g net), 20% protien (50-60g) and 75% fat (117g+).
    I've read that too much protien will convert to glucose and stall ketosis. I'm no expert but if you are stalling that might be worth looking into.
  • amybethjack
    Options
    dbhDeb wrote: »
    I lost 8 lbs immediately and NOW nada. Please tell me exactly your diet.

My food diary is shared. Please take a look, if you want.

• amybethjack
    Options
    dbhDeb wrote: »
    Goal is to have 5% carb / 70% fat / 25% protein, however, yesterday I was atypically down in calories (855) and did 18 g total (not net) on carbs (9%) / fat at 51 (56%) / protein 73 g (35%).

I keep trying to fine tune what I eat but because I have been a serial yo-yo dieter my inclination is to go low on calories and I am frustrated because I have been stuck for 4 weeks with nothing going down so I think that's what I did yesterday.

It took me a couple weeks to get a handle on my macros and how to eat keto. I also had a couple week stall that started about three weeks in. Keep in mind that even if your weight is stalled that doesn't mean you are. I lost three inches in my waist while gaining back eight pounds during my "stall". Weight loss is not a straight declining line.

• legreen302
    legreen302 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I just started Keto about 5 days ago. So far so good! Would love a network of other keto eaters!
  • k19878
    k19878 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'll join in :)
  • azure8807
    azure8807 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Anyone else, completely plan their day in advance regarding meals, plugging everything into my fitness pal to make sure it’s all balanced in advanced? That’s what is working for me right now- helps me reduce likelihood of impulsive food decisions!

Also, if you are a coffee lover, share your low-carb, high fat coffee recipes please!

I log my food the same way. It's helped me stay on track so far. smiley:
  • JacobDueholm
    JacobDueholm Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I know you guys have been going at it for a couple of days now, but I'm in starting now.

I've been doing keto since April losing 30lbs. I have, however, gained some of them back during my summer vacation, so I'm ready to get back on the keto horse.

I'm totally new to MFP, so can anyone enlighten me as to how I share my progress with you guys? Can it be done automatically, or do I do it manually each time?
  • lovefool63
    lovefool63 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Loved to join you as well.
  • ABRichardson2016
    Options
    In your privacy settings you can make it so we can see your daily log or if you friend some of us, we will cheer you on as we see updates in your feed about completing your log daily, and other achievements like weight loss or logging in consistently. I hope this helps!
  • mrsjcwilliams72
    mrsjcwilliams72 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in, starting day 2 from sunny Blackpool, UK!
  • ahelgers10
    ahelgers10 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Started keto 3 days ago. I'm finding im going over my recommend 1300 kals alot by trying to get more fat in to balance everything out. Some websites say dont count calories other say to do. What is working for everyone? Do you count them or not?

Also does anyone know if lucozade zero would affect the ketosis?
    Thanks

I count my calories on top of keeping track of my macros. I know for myself as I got more adapted to the change of eating I find I am not as hungry as I use to be. There are days I need to force myself to eat because I am way under on my calories.
  • 2busyb
    2busyb Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I made this last night with sugar free chocolate chips instead of bar chocolate & 1 tsp of PB instead of a TBSP 4net carbs. :) yum. https://www.ruled.me/peanut-butter-chocolate-chunk-mug-cake/
  • ShelbyReade
    ShelbyReade Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I would love to join as well. I am on week 2 and always looking for ideas and support.
  • sbrownee
    sbrownee Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join! I've been doing keto for a few months now. So far, so good.
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Yesterdays Stats
    18 net carbs
    122g fat
    57g protein
    1374 calories

was a little over on fats and way under protein... However, its been a good week overall with hitting my macros daily, except for yesterday.

I am on week 5 of Keto and I have entered the week 4-6 keto stall apparently, still no weight loss this week, stayed the same. Well technically Iost a lb that I showed a gain on Tuesday but none the less, I am patiently waiting that WOOSH they say you have after the "healing" phase.... Patiently waiting... finger tapping.... Waiting :p

Happy Friday Friends!!!
  • sykin
    sykin Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    It took me a couple weeks to get a handle on my macros and how to eat keto. I also had a couple week stall that started about three weeks in. Keep in mind that even if your weight is stalled that doesn't mean you are. I lost three inches in my waist while gaining back eight pounds during my "stall". Weight loss is not a straight declining line.

This is exactly what I needed to hear. I just hit 3 weeks and this is the first time I've not lost any weight during the week. I was like...wait...WHAT?! So that makes me feel better!