Eat Keto Diet Daily and Track - 30 Day Challenge

Replies

• pegk1
    pegk1 Posts: 1 Member
    I'll join. This is my 2nd day on Keto.
  • 2busyb
    2busyb Posts: 23 Member
    It's so hot & muggy where I live in CA. Hot coffee not an option so I did iced coffee YUM!! 12oz brewed coffee, 8 drops of toffee flavored stevia,heavy cream & ice.
  • natmic76
    natmic76 Posts: 3 Member
    I would like to join. My husband and I both started 3 weeks ago today. I am only down 5 and he is down 13. I would love some recipe ideas. So far I haven't gotten creative Ive just been doing KETO very basic.
  • eyrollo
    eyrollo Posts: 1 Member
    I'm in! I am two days into the Keto diet. I have had success with atkins/low-carb in the past, so I am curious how this diet will work for me. Looking forward to learning & sharing with all of you!
  • 2busyb
    2busyb Posts: 23 Member
    natmic76 wrote: »
    I would like to join. My husband and I both started 3 weeks ago today. I am only down 5 and he is down 13. I would love some recipe ideas. So far I haven't gotten creative Ive just been doing KETO very basic.

The struggle is real! My hubby drops so quick and I'm in the snails race grrr. I invested in almond flour, coconut flour, erythritol (granulated & powder) all on amazon and I made cakes in a mug so I always felt like I wasn't restricting- having the supplies on hand has definitely helped me. Now I buy banana and pineapple extracts to get more creative. Just needed to change my taste buds to stevia & erythritol. But that was not too bad. Lots of recipes online.
  • nedesignz
    nedesignz Posts: 5 Member
    natmic76 wrote: »

One of my favorites so far is the California Roll Bowl - tastes just like the real deal but so much better for you. Here it goes. Take Cauliflower and make your own cauliflower rice. Food processor and done.

Makes 4 servings
    Ingredients: 1 Head Cauliflower | 12oz Imitation Crab | 1 Avocado | 1 Cucumber | Bundle of Asparagus
    Dressing: Homemade mayonnaise with Sriracha
    Dress with Liquid Amino as you see fit and sprinkle some Nori Sheet broken up over it with Sesame seeds

• dbhDeb
    dbhDeb Posts: 200 Member
    jor3c wrote: »
    think I need to change my goal numbers...NO Way I'll be under 50 carbs a day let alone 25 carbs... Will be less stressful and feeling yuck...maybe work my way down...

I dove in and cut my carbs to less than 20 right from day one. I hit a day or two of "keto flu" but the weight loss (and inches loss) kicked in right away because I pushed my body into ketosis. I felt so much better and quit craving the carbs within the first week.

I lost 8 lbs immediately and NOW nada. Please tell me exactly your diet.

Mine is:

Bkfast
    coffee & HWC (cannot do coconut oil or butter)
    boiled egg / bacon (if I am hungry)

Lunch
    2 c. spinach or other mixed greens
    2-4 oz of meat
    blue cheese or goats cheese (1 TB)
    1 T. of dressing such as ranch or blue cheese

snack if any
    almonds - 12
    swiss cheese slice or similar
    1 92% chocolate square

Dinner
    meat 4 oz
    1 T butter or olive oil
    cooked green vegetable such as broccoli, asparagus, cabbage or brussel sprouts

I had been having a mixed drink with vodka and sprite zero but am cutting that out as of this week.

any suggestions??

My nephew and his wife lost a combined amount of 120 lbs in a few months. Of course they are 20 years younger!
    I would love to get 25 more lbs down.

Heaviest - 189 lb (2008 before my divorce)

SW Keto - 168
    CW - 159
    GW -135

Thanks all!!!
  • datash1
    datash1 Posts: 2 Member
    dbhDeb wrote: »
    think I need to change my goal numbers...NO Way I'll be under 50 carbs a day let alone 25 carbs... Will be less stressful and feeling yuck...maybe work my way down...

I dove in and cut my carbs to less than 20 right from day one. I hit a day or two of "keto flu" but the weight loss (and inches loss) kicked in right away because I pushed my body into ketosis. I felt so much better and quit craving the carbs within the first week.

Mine is:

Bkfast

Lunch
    2-4 oz of meat

snack if any
    almonds - 12
    1 92% chocolate square

Dinner
    meat 4 oz
    1 T butter or olive oil

I had been having a mixed drink with vodka and sprite zero but am cutting that out as of this week.

any suggestions??

My nephew and his wife lost a combined amount of 120 lbs in a few months. Of course they are 20 years younger!

SW Keto - 168
    CW - 159
    GW -135

Thanks all!!!

Hey, I've been doing keto since the first of the month and I'm exactly like you. I dropped 7 pounds immediately and tapered to NOTHING in the past couple of days. Meanwhile I have a friend who lost 18 pounds in 3 weeks! Try to really limit your dairy, and if you can do it, I've heard intermittent fasting is great for keto as well.

What are your macro (fat, protein, carb) goals? I'm going steady at 70%, 25% and 5% respectively.
  • dbhDeb
    dbhDeb Posts: 200 Member
    datash1 wrote: »
    dbhDeb wrote: »

Mine is:

Bkfast

Lunch
    2-4 oz of meat

snack if any
    almonds - 12
    1 92% chocolate square

Dinner
    meat 4 oz
    1 T butter or olive oil

any suggestions??

SW Keto - 168
    CW - 159
    GW -135

Thanks all!!!

Hey, I've been doing keto since the first of the month and I'm exactly like you. I dropped 7 pounds immediately and tapered to NOTHING in the past couple of days. Meanwhile I have a friend who lost 18 pounds in 3 weeks! Try to really limit your dairy, and if you can do it, I've heard intermittent fasting is great for keto as well.

What are your macro (fat, protein, carb) goals? I'm going steady at 70%, 25% and 5% respectively.

I have been told not to do IF until you are fat-adapted but I tried it 2 days and NADA!

Goal is to have 5% carb / 70% fat / 25% protein, however, yesterday I was atypically down in calories (855) and did 18 g total (not net) on carbs (9%) / fat at 51 (56%) / protein 73 g (35%).

I keep trying to fine tune what I eat but because I have been a serial yo-yo dieter my inclination is to go low on calories and I am frustrated because I have been stuck for 4 weeks with nothing going down so I think that's what I did yesterday.

Trying to hit goals today though. I am also in this to get my blood sugars down.
  • norcaldoll
    norcaldoll Posts: 3 Member
    Accountability Partners! Let’s commit to staying on program for 30 days (and track) to help encourage each other to be accountable!

I'd love to join you! I just started eating keto on Monday. I am trying not too rely too heavily on dairy for fats and am always interested in learning new recipes!
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    I've been in ketosis for eight weeks, just doing some summer maintenance. I have three more weeks to go. No big deal, if you need help, I'll help.
  • gregjetterdepot
    gregjetterdepot Posts: 46 Member
    I will join
  • hester233
    hester233 Posts: 4 Member
    Guys allowed on this?
  • ABRichardson2016
    ABRichardson2016 Posts: 47 Member
    rokos2 wrote: »
    how do i jump in on this?

Welcome! You’re in! We are just using this thread as a place to check in, share successes, recipes, resources and support!
  • ABRichardson2016
    ABRichardson2016 Posts: 47 Member
    hester233 wrote: »
    Guys allowed on this?

Yes
  • wiginn
    wiginn Posts: 147 Member
    Day 5 for me today. I’ve been tracking and doing fairly well at hitting my macros. I’ve been feeling crappy (Keto flu??) the past couple of days and today I have had a constant headache. Any tips for getting over this quickly?
  • jevonmcgruder3790
    jevonmcgruder3790 Posts: 1 Member
    Count me in! Down 48lbs. since March 4.
  • kochou210
    kochou210 Posts: 1 Member
    Also, if you are a coffee lover, share your low-carb, high fat coffee recipes please!

I am all about salted (grassfed) butter in my coffee. I put it in the ninja for a spin and it makes a super frothy rich 'cappuccino'. Coconut oil works too, and adds a touch of sweetness. Add a pinch of cinnamon (good antiox) if you want to get fancy. Best thing is that neither have any protein or carbs, so it won't interrupt if you are doing intermittent fasting, but you can still get that brain boosting fat first thing in the morning.
  • angiemiller71
    angiemiller71 Posts: 2 Member
    I’m in! My husband and I just started keto on Monday. We’re keeping net carbs below 50 at this point as we get started. Keto was suggested to me by a NP I am seeing for medically supervised weight loss to hopefully fix my incessant sugar cravings. In addition to always being supportive, my hubby doesn’t really cook, so he’s doing it with me! 😜
  • vickywade88
    vickywade88 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi,
    Started keto 3 days ago. I'm finding im going over my recommend 1300 kals alot by trying to get more fat in to balance everything out. Some websites say dont count calories other say to do. What is working for everyone? Do you count them or not?

Also does anyone know if lucozade zero would affect the ketosis?
    Thanks