The fifth circle of hell...aka online dating

Options
13»

Replies

• Teamleslie
    Teamleslie Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Why do it if it’s hell?

Probably because its how dating is these days.
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options
    Why do it if it’s hell?

Ssshhh, youll like it ...ill go slow
  • TheWeakFace
    TheWeakFace Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Why do it if it’s hell?

And forceful?
  • mustacheU2Lift
    Options
    Why do it if it’s hell?

And forceful?

Stop begging.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    My friend's neighbour has been online dating since his divorce and I am appalled at the number of women who will go to his home to meet him for the first time :o:o The guy is in his 50s so these women are all middle-aged and you'd think they'd be a little more cautious.
  • mustacheU2Lift
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    My friend's neighbour has been online dating since his divorce and I am appalled at the number of women who will go to his home to meet him for the first time :o:o The guy is in his 50s so these women are all middle-aged and you'd think they'd be a little more cautious.

Oops :|
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    I never had any luck with it in the past but am trying it again. Several of my close friends met their now husbands on there. It does seem like I mostly attract the attention of way older guys, which sucks.

Hey now, nothing wrong with older, established guys who are about keeping themselves in shape.

Nothing wrong with them, just not my cup of tea. I am 35 and a lot of guys in their 50s message me.
  • tbright1965
    tbright1965 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    I never had any luck with it in the past but am trying it again. Several of my close friends met their now husbands on there. It does seem like I mostly attract the attention of way older guys, which sucks.

Hey now, nothing wrong with older, established guys who are about keeping themselves in shape.

Nothing wrong with them, just not my cup of tea. I am 35 and a lot of guys in their 50s message me.

Hey, I'm 0x35.

Computer nerds and others should be able to do the math :)

My bride is 0x32, FWIW.
  • Lonestar5715
    Lonestar5715 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

After a while you get over the paranoia your parents taught you.
  • 2Racks
    2Racks Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    I tried Match because I didn’t have time to go out and meet people, you can talk to people and get to know them online and then make a choice to see them. I’ve been dating someone for 6 months now, so it can work!
  • Ck103084
    Ck103084 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Oh I've been there!! One time I almost met a guy who I found out just a year prior was arrested for rape, sexual battery, criminal confinement and the list goes on....He started acting weird and asking questions that made me second guess meeting him. I AM SO GLAD I DID!! There is a site called Doxpop.com and your able to do up to 6 FREE background checks a year. I know....it seems a little over the top trust me. But if I didn't do that might son might have lost his mom.....

There are pros and cons to it, just follow your gut, and weed through them until you find a good one!! Ask the hard questions. I always talked to them for days on the site before giving my number to them. If they didn't like that, they obviously weren't looking for a true connection.

Thank you sooo much for this. I'm def going to use it if I like someone!
  • Ck103084
    Options
    Venus_88 wrote: »
    Oh! And when you go on a date make sure there is at least one person (friend/family mamber) that knows where you are and who you are meeting with. I was also leaving my dates phone number to my friend.

Good idea!!
  • Ck103084
    Options
    what sire are you using?

OK Cupid.
  • Ck103084
    Options
    rose2_0 wrote: »
    Which site/app is it? Some are trashier than others (this coming from someone who has used them on and off for 6 years).

I don't know. I get some dumb messages. I've met some really amazing and fun men though.

I'm trying OK Cupid.
    I tried Plenty of Fish for about a day before I gave up. Stupid questions and a million messages before I even filled out the questions.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    what sire are you using?

You really are around livestock too much :D
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    I had one guy who wanted to send me a ring and introduce me to his mom after a few days of chatting online. 90% of the conversations we had were him moaning at me for ignoring him because I did not reply instantly.

There was another guy who seemed legit at first. He went out of country on business shortly after we started chatting. Gradually there were concerns but we chatted online for a few months as his trip kept getting longer and longer. He eventually asked me for money and I cut it off. He tried to call me every couple of months for a year but I never answered.

I randomly sign up for sites and play the game for a while but although I would love someone to share my life with, I'm living a wonderful full life and unless we meet through mutual interests, I can't see how it would work.