Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Replies

• jogetsgains
    jogetsgains Posts: 341 Member
    @kbeyer23 yes! I will put my weight in at the end of the month.
  • jogetsgains
    jogetsgains Posts: 341 Member
    So this isn’t an excuse for not going to the gym I’m just curious if anyone experiences close to what I do.
    Does anyone have a job where they can’t seem to find the time to go to the gym or make it worth a membership? I work 6 days a week and generally from 4am-5:30pm with normally an hour and a half lunch break but sometimes less and sometimes more (I work on a dairy farm so set breaks and hours aren’t really a thing lol). I’ve thought of joining a gym since I’ve lost 93 pounds and have a lot more energy but by the time I get home and make supper and relax for an hour it’s time for bed...

If the gym isn't close enough to go at lunchtime then start browsing youtube videos for workouts you can do at the farm. You could do so many HIIT or Tabata style workouts in under 30 minutes. If you have an office job at the dairy and don't want to spend the second half of the day all sweaty, take some dumbells to work and do arms and squats inside.
    Your schedule doesn't allow for the gym, but the gym isn't the only way to workout 😀
    My gym is closed on the weekends and closes by 6:30pm through the week in summer. I have an ab and a back workout that I use on the days I can't make it in. Back when I couldn't spend the extra $$ on a gym I was the queen of youtube zumba 😉. The opportunities are endless!
  • SammyKlingler
    SammyKlingler Posts: 51 Member
    kbeyer23 wrote: »
    PHEW!!! I caught up! That was a lot of data to input- thanks a million everyone for your patience with me!
    I'm sitting here while my husband's golfing with the kids and you should hear me ooh and aah and "YEAH!" audibly over everyone's accomplishments! Very proud of this group.

These are the stats for our challenge through the 7/6(ish) weigh-in. Here are the participants whose data I am caught up with to this date. If your name isn't here and you weighed in this last week (or you'd like to update), PLEASE let me know! @kbeyer23 @DebCountsAll @SammyKlingler @moodybear2003 @skinnyjeanzbound @thelifeilove1 @_Shelly_Belly_ @jogetsgains (you weigh in monthly, so you're good) @deputyderp @missytrishy @allycat0715

ttsdghgawutf.jpg

25% of the way to our goal!!!!!! That is so fab!

Side note- this comes with absolutely NO JUDGEMENT WHATSOEVER (cause we've all been there a time or two or three or more for me!) but I moved a couple participants who haven't weighed in since the beginning week or two out of the calculated data. I still have your info in my spreadsheet!!! But, life happens and summer is busy and losing weight is a tough journey and so you won't find me trying to make anyone feel badly about jumping ship. I just thought the numbers should be more representative of the active participants until I hear otherwise from anyone. Okay?

July 12- 247.6

Lost 6.8 pounds

Total lost 93.6 pounds
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    @katrina-- thanks for getting our data all caught up!! I vote for more sleep or stretching. :)

@sammy-- my ability to attend a gym shifts quite a bit from when I'm working during the school year to when I'm on summer break. In addition, I prefer running outside when the weather is not too hot or cold, so there are often stretches when I don't attend my gym. Because of this, I did some research and found that my cheapest option was to go through my health insurance. I have blue cross/blue shield, and for $25/month I can attend a number of no-frills gyms like SNAP, Planet Fitness, Workout Anytime, etc. If I don't attend the gym at least once in a calendar month, I'm charged a $5 maintenance fee. This happened last month b/c of vacation and temperate weather that allowed for outdoor running, but it's still cheaper than if I paid for any of these gyms outside of the insurance plan.

AFM-- Protein challenge is going better; yesterday was 29% and today was 28%. All week my weight had been up again to 196, but today it was down a bit to 195.2. We shall see what tomorrow's weigh-in brings. :)

Super Summer Slimdown :sunglasses:
    Name: Karen
    Height: 5’7"
    Highest Weight: 247
    Start Weight (June 1, 2018): 201.6
    Goal Weight (August 31, 2018): 180

6/30- 7/6 challenge focus
    Nutrition = 5/7 days > 23% of calories from protein--how I did:

June 8- 197.8
    June 15-200.2
    June 22- 198.2
    June 29- 196.4
    July 6- 194.4
    July 13-
    July 20-
    July 27-

Weight -/+ this week: -2
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -7.2
    Total weight lost: 52.6
  • kbeyer23
    kbeyer23 Posts: 88 Member
    edited July 2018
    Name: Katrina
    Height: 5’8"
    Highest Weight: 305
    Start Weight (June 1, 2018): 260
    Goal Weight (August 31, 2018): 236

6/28-7/9 personal focus: Enjoy time away camping with my family- enjoy all foods, but eat in moderation and stay active. Maintain weight. How I did- :neutral: I'd say I did great the first 5/6 days. The second half I was eating more and moving less. I saw a gain when we returned, but I got right back on track and the number's down again.

7/13- 7/20 focus: Stretching. Incorporate stretches into your daily routine- however that looks for your time/ability. How I did- :smiley: or :neutral: or :frowning:

June 8- 259.5
    June 15- 258
    June 22- 258
    June 29- 256
    July 9- 257.5
    July 13- 254
    July 20-
    July 27-

Weight -/+ this week: -2
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -6
    Total weight lost (this round- since Jan '18): 46.5 lbs
  • missytrishy
    missytrishy Posts: 203 Member
    Super Summer Slimdown B)
    Name: Trisha
    Height: 5’4"
    Highest Weight: 235
    Start Weight (July 6, 2018): 232
    Goal Weight (August 1, 2018): 225

July 6: 232
    July 13: 230.5
    July 20:
    July 27: Holidays
    Aug 1:

Weight -/+ this week: -1.5
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -1.5
    Total weight lost: -4.5

I'm a Friday weigher :smiley:
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    I mentioned yesterday that my weight had been up a bit this week, but weigh-in this morning was down .2 from last Friday. It's not much, but I'll take any loss! :)

Name: Karen
    Height: 5’7"
    Highest Weight: 247
    Start Weight (June 1, 2018): 201.6
    Goal Weight (August 31, 2018): 180

7/6 - 7/13 challenge focus
    Nutrition = 5/7 days > 23% of calories from protein--how I did: So far I'm 3/7 days, but I predict today will be another good day because I have no social events planned to throw me off track. :)

7/14 - 7/20 focus: Stretching. Incorporate stretches into your daily routine- however that looks for your time/ability. How I did- :smiley: or :neutral: or :frowning:

June 8- 197.8
    June 15-200.2
    June 22- 198.2
    June 29- 196.4
    July 6- 194.4
    July 13-194.2
    July 20-
    July 27-

Weight -/+ this week: -.2
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -7.4
    Total weight lost: 52.8
  • SammyKlingler
    SammyKlingler Posts: 51 Member
    Name: Sam
    Height: 5’10”
    Highest Weight: 341.2
    Start Weight (June 1, 2018): 269.2
    Goal Weight (August 31, 2018): 239.2

June 8- 262.6
    June 15- 258.0
    June 23- 258.0
    June 30- 258.0
    July 7- 254.4
    July 13- 246.0

Weight -/+ this week: -8.4
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -23.2
    Total weight lost: 95.2

I’ve been personally focusing on hitting my protein goal every day and keeping my carbs low. I’ve managed to do this the past 4 days (i think). I’m so close to 100 pounds and motivated more than ever to reach my goal!
  • DebCountsAll
    DebCountsAll Posts: 471 Member

Ah, Salt. Salt salt salt. I seem to take 4 or 5 days to recover from salty stuff. Drinking a LOT more water for the next two days makes it go away faster, but I think I struggle more with this than I ever have with sweets.

I think looking at your moving average would help, since TOM is a spike every month. I know people who look at their 10 day moving average, here since we post weekly maybe a 7 day would work.

Salt and some alcohol left me feeling like a desert at about 4 am Sunday morning, I couldn't even drink large amounts of water, i could only sip until I went back to bed. I drank all day and still felt thirsty Monday morning! It was like nothing was enough to offset it. But I woke up Tuesday feeling normal and my weight was back to normal.

I notice more of a stall during my TOM. I think I am more lax with calories to fit in some cravings, then go back to plan. It just coincided with the holiday.

What's a moving average??

You take a block (seven or ten days) of weight and average that. Then, each new day, the average shifts to accommodate the new day and drop off the oldest day.

Here's a three day example using fake weight:
    Monday -192.2
    Tuesday -192.0
    Wednesday -191.6
    This average is: 191.93. (The second decimal place is irrelevant since you don't track your daily weight that closely, so let's call it 191.9)

The next day you weigh 191.2 So the average drops the oldest day and includes the newest day:
    Tuesday -192.0
    Wednesday -191.6
    Thursday -191.2
    The new average is 191.6

The reason people choose to track this is to see more clearly how they are losing weight over a larger period of time. It smooths out the variability due to salt, TOM, or celebration days.

I set up a spreadsheet to do this calculation for me, it is an easy thing to set up in Excel. When I go through a period of time where my weight seems to not move much, it helps to see the average still dropping.
  • DebCountsAll
    kbeyer23 wrote: »
    Side note- this comes with absolutely NO JUDGEMENT WHATSOEVER (cause we've all been there a time or two or three or more for me!) but I moved a couple participants who haven't weighed in since the beginning week or two out of the calculated data. I still have your info in my spreadsheet!!! But, life happens and summer is busy and losing weight is a tough journey and so you won't find me trying to make anyone feel badly about jumping ship. I just thought the numbers should be more representative of the active participants until I hear otherwise from anyone. Okay?

This is so key, thank you so much. We are all a part of this thread because we all are trying to lose a great deal of weight. We are judged so harshly by others already. We don't need that here.
  • DebCountsAll
    Super Summer Slimdown
    Name: Deb
    Height: 5’8”
    Highest Weight: This round: 295 (January 16, 2018)
    Start Weight (June 2, 2018): 255.6
    Goal Weight (June 30, 2018): 247.6
    Actual Weight (June 30, 2018): 248.8
    Goal Weight (July 31, 2018): 240.8

June 8- 253.4
    June 15- 253.8
    June 23- 252.4
    June 30- 248.8
    July 8- 251.8. I’ve been struggling with hunger. When it goes on for days, I don’t cope well. I can handle a few hours. I also have not been pre prepping my lunches and dinners, but I got the items I need from the grocery store and will get back on the wagon.
    July 13- 248.2. I don’t think I will make my July goal. I’m torn between feeling desperate to make sure I make it, and being zen about the fact that I have a lot of weight to lose and just being happy about losing at any pace. I see posts all the time from people who lost 100 pounds in a year and for some reason I am fixated on that as a goal…and I am not on pace to manage that. Why oh why am I getting so down on myself when I’m actually doing WELL to lose AT ALL?
    July 20 -
    July 27 -
    July 31-

Weight -/+ this week: -3.6
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -7.4
    Total weight lost: 46.8
    83125515.png
  • moodybear2003
    moodybear2003 Posts: 225 Member

You take a block (seven or ten days) of weight and average that. Then, each new day, the average shifts to accommodate the new day and drop off the oldest day.

Here's a three day example using fake weight:
    Monday -192.2
    Tuesday -192.0
    Wednesday -191.6
    This average is: 191.93. (The second decimal place is irrelevant since you don't track your daily weight that closely, so let's call it 191.9)

The next day you weigh 191.2 So the average drops the oldest day and includes the newest day:
    Tuesday -192.0
    Wednesday -191.6
    Thursday -191.2
    The new average is 191.6

The reason people choose to track this is to see more clearly how they are losing weight over a larger period of time. It smooths out the variability due to salt, TOM, or celebration days.

I set up a spreadsheet to do this calculation for me, it is an easy thing to set up in Excel. When I go through a period of time where my weight seems to not move much, it helps to see the average still dropping.

Ok, That makes sense!! I'll have to try it!
  • moodybear2003
    Name: Heather
    Height: 5’5"
    Highest Weight: 308
    Start Weight (June 1, 2018): 294.0
    Goal Weight (August 31, 2018): 275

6/30- 7/6 challenge focus: Eat more servings of veggies
    How I did : :) I chose more veggies this week, including today. I had a green goddess cobb salad instead of the tacos I was craving.

I was surprised I went a whole minute yesterday. I don't really know if I was doing it "right," but I did it the same way all 3 days.

June 8- 292
    June 15- 291.6
    June 23- 290.8
    June 30- 290.2
    July 6 - 289.0
    July 13 - 289.5

Weight -/+ this week: +.5
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -4.5
    Total weight lost: 18.5

I'm still up more than I would like, but I'm working on letting go of the stress. I'm going to the gym once lunch settles and I plan on trying day 1 of C25K again. Earlier this week, I could only get halfway through due to some ankle and back pain. I am planning on going to fleet feet next week and getting a gait analysis and new running shoes. What I have now have no support and are more for walking or general wear.

I purposefully upped my water yesterday and today and feel good. I pampered myself a little last night using products I already had (face masks, lip scrub, foot scrub, lotion, etc) and I splurged on myself (and the household) today at Bath and Body Works. They had a deal if you spent $30, you could buy a $30 tote full of Sneak Peak New Fall Scent products. Fall is my FAVORITE time of the year, I couldn't pass it up. The tote isn't my style, but is my sisters, so I'm going to save it for Christmas or her birthday.
  • Teerai
    Teerai Posts: 243 Member
    Super Summer Slimdown

I see posts all the time from people who lost 100 pounds in a year and for some reason I am fixated on that as a goal…and I am not on pace to manage that. Why oh why am I getting so down on myself when I’m actually doing WELL to lose AT ALL?

Total weight lost: 46.8

Deb, you are doing great!
    Almost halfway there.
    I am in this same space- 5lbs from halfway but mid July.... so technically 2 weeks and 5lbs behind the ball.

This just motivates me to move more annnd
    Drink more water. It’s a mental game because the last half is usually harder.
    Keeping up on vitamins too so at least cravings are not ‘real’ deficits.

My chart needs more vertical lines Lol.

• skinnyjeanzbound

I'm still up more than I would like, but I'm working on letting go of the stress. I'm going to the gym once lunch settles and I plan on trying day 1 of C25K again. Earlier this week, I could only get halfway through due to some ankle and back pain. I am planning on going to fleet feet next week and getting a gait analysis and new running shoes. What I have now have no support and are more for walking or general wear.

I love Fleet Feet! They give you so much information about what types of shoes are best for you. It's pricier to buy the shoes at a specialty store, so I always buy one pair, and then use the knowledge they've given me to purchase additional shoes at outlets or online sales. Every few years, I go back for a fitting and to buy another pair from them.
  • moodybear2003

I love Fleet Feet! They give you so much information about what types of shoes are best for you. It's pricier to buy the shoes at a specialty store, so I always buy one pair, and then use the knowledge they've given me to purchase additional shoes at outlets or online sales. Every few years, I go back for a fitting and to buy another pair from them.

I keep hearing how great they are! I did look online at the shoes they offer, and it's more than I'd like to spend but it's worth it to be pain and injury free, and since I'm just starting out, I don't want to do more damage.
  • _Shelly_Belly_
    _Shelly_Belly_ Posts: 16 Member

I keep hearing how great they are! I did look online at the shoes they offer, and it's more than I'd like to spend but it's worth it to be pain and injury free, and since I'm just starting out, I don't want to do more damage.

I've never heard of Fleet Feet, but I will have to check it out. I use Foot Solutions. I was born with flat feet and ankles that without braces to correct I would have been walking on them. They mapped my feet out on a machine and recommended shoes that would be best for me. I went there because I was working in retail at the time and on my feet all day. I would come home in so much pain. I just bought another pair because I can tell when they are going flat due to my feet start hurting. The shoes aren't the cheapest but totally worth it.
  • _Shelly_Belly_
    _Shelly_Belly_ Posts: 16 Member
    Name: Michelle
    Height: 5’2"
    Highest Weight: 328.6
    Start Weight (June 16, 2018): 230.2
    Goal Weight (August 31, 2018): 214

June 23 – 226.4
    June 30 – 227.4
    July 6 – 224.0
    July 14 – 222.6