July 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• bride001
    bride001 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom - Prayers and good thoughts for Skip!
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    Glad you're entertained, @LaDispute57 ! Although now I'm wondering what kind of work you do.

I am a divorce and custody attorney and I do a fair amount of criminal defense and juvenile work as well.

I worked in family court for a while. And I was a JA for a criminal court for a very short while. I've heard, read, and seen a lot.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Glad you're entertained, @LaDispute57 ! Although now I'm wondering what kind of work you do.

I am a divorce and custody attorney and I do a fair amount of criminal defense and juvenile work as well.

Wow. Hats off - that is rough work. The closest I've gotten to family law was reviewing termination of parental rights cases as an appellate clerk (maybe half a dozen over two years) and they were absolutely the hardest cases emotionally.
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom Good luck on that MRI...

@LaDispute57 rough business...especially when parents don't put the kid(s) first.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,443 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom oh no! Poor Skip! But I have never heard of a stress fracture in the knee. Not saying that it isn't possible, but probably rare. Praying the xray was just an anomaly!
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    @biketheworld - I did the Key West Half this past January and it was so fun. I want to do it again, but the date is a little later this year and it doesn't work out for me very well. Still tempted though.

@skippygirlsmom - hoping for good results from Skip's MRI.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,443 Member
    Options
    This is my first time on this challenge thread and i love it <3 I'm not a runner, but I'm committing to 160 miles this month... starting TODAY. So, I'm behind by 16 days.. i'm excited!

I hope you are kidding. Claiming NOT to be a runner and committing to 160 miles in two weeks? Your picture will be in the runner's dictionary under 'over-use injury'.
    But I hope I am wrong. Good luck!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    This is my first time on this challenge thread and i love it <3 I'm not a runner, but I'm committing to 160 miles this month... starting TODAY. So, I'm behind by 16 days.. i'm excited!

So... 15 days left in the month... 160 miles... that means you plan to run 10.67... call it 11 miles a day, with no breaks? I hope you are not new to this running thing and making that plan. :) If you are... umm, I would suggest you rethink that. :) If not, then w00t! Go team go!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options

Welcome! 160 miles in 15 days is about 11 miles a day... I am thinking that could be a tad ambitious for a self-confessed non-runner. I have been running for about 7 years and 11 miles a day for two weeks straight without a break would damn near kill me... but then again I am old and creaky and you are young and not creaky. I would just hate to see you die the first two weeks you are here. :)

Maybe it's 16.0 miles? Or she's related to @AlphaHowls :wink:

Welcome either way!
  • JulieS3103
    JulieS3103 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom Hoping it's just a shadow and nothing more on the MRI, good luck!
  • marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    @biketheworld I was looking at some of the National Park races the other day and thought they sound like a nice run-cation!
    @skippygirlsmom I hope Skip’s ok and that it isn’t as bad as it looks!
    @LaDispute57 Free is always great!
    @JuliaMacEwan Seriously, take it easy if you aren’t a runner. I’m hoping that was a typo.