Mfp crushes...

Options
mustacheU2Lift
mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
edited July 2018 in Chit-Chat
No this is not a tag or person above you thread. So, hopefully you anti fun and games still click in. I saw a post that made me think. Mfp crushes ya or nah? What is a crush? Have you recipeocated a crush? Does it ever move to more serious?

Hey its Friday. We need a new thread ;)

Replies

• mustacheU2Lift
    Options
    Ill start. After reading the post I've come to the conclusion that a crush is someone you chat with that you click with. So, that could be multiple people...and of both genders. I crush @AgainWithTheSurfyPants cause we always stay in touch no matter what. Ive even heard her amazing accent....and shes kookie like me....just an example.
  • mustacheU2Lift
    Options
    Another thought. It is completely different though if you are being mislead with statements like i only talk to you, you are my only crush, we should meet up...no need for half truths, lies, cover ups...because most likely on mfp thats never true unless you have taken it to a more irl situation.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    Yup, I have a variety of MFP crushes. One that has remained while others come and go though is @slimgirljo15 because she is just all around amazing. Others are as brief and fleeting as the moments when there are no new posts in the selfie thread
  • AmberGlitterSparkles
    AmberGlitterSparkles Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Totally agree. Crushes happen even on a friendship level. I have a few of those! There are the traditional ones. You know where you have the butterflies when they message you and al that. If they’re lying about feelings or who they are talking to. Usually they’re a catfish or just a bad person. That’s not right.
  • Versicolour
    Options
    Crushes are okay and not the same to me as emotionally caring for someone. That’s when I’ll take a hard pass.

With that being said there are people here I genuinely care for but I consider them friends.

Yeah. But we can crush on friends right? If not I will have to retract my crush declaration
  • mustacheU2Lift
    Options
    Crushes are okay and not the same to me as emotionally caring for someone. That’s when I’ll take a hard pass.

With that being said there are people here I genuinely care for but I consider them friends.

So you care for you friends (emotionally caring) but its a no strings attached/ no risks? But as far as a "love" interest where emotions could be involved you avoid?
  • mustacheU2Lift
    Options
    Another question...are these crushes really more just validation? And then shouldnt we find it in ourselves?
  • mustacheU2Lift
    Options
    It's all fun until someone buys a plane ticket!

Well, that is taking it to a whole other level. I will say i almost did this a year ago. And if hes lurking i hope he reads it. I found out thankfully sooner rather than later that words like "dumb broad" and "stupid *kitten*" were readily apart of his vocab.

Now I feel like I'm over sharing. :s
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,105 Member
    Options

Yeah. But we can crush on friends right? If not I will have to retract my crush declaration

Yes. I crush the heck out of @kinetixtrainer2

I mean who wouldn’t? But I don’t plan to try to make him fall in love with me anytime soon :p

Too late <3

You’re simply amazing Meg!
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I don't get all those ...the one above you threads. They just seem like a waste of time to me. I enjoy meeting new people and usually add anyone to my friend list if requested. I am not a fan of people looking for just one thing on MFP. It just seems creepy to me and it happens on both sides. So back to Crushes, no it has not happened and probably won't mostly because it's not what I came here for.
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,105 Member
    Options
    Wow mfp has their notification game down today.
  • mustacheU2Lift
    Options
    I crush you ^^^
  • Versicolour
    Options

Yes. I crush the heck out of @kinetixtrainer2

I mean who wouldn’t? But I don’t plan to try to make him fall in love with me anytime soon :p

Totally :tongue:
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Options
    Ill start. After reading the post I've come to the conclusion that a crush is someone you chat with that you click with. So, that could be multiple people...and of both genders. I crush @AgainWithTheSurfyPants cause we always stay in touch no matter what. Ive even heard her amazing accent....and shes kookie like me....just an example.

Define "click with" further please. A crush is someone that you may want more intimate or emotional relations with, along the lines of a relationship. Object of desire if you will.

The way you describe it, that is more of a friendship. Or, beginnings of one.
  • Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    Options
    bojack5 wrote: »
    Or until someone ambushes you coming out of a mid town Manhattan gym.....

I told you it was a coincidence! I just "happened" to be walking by as you were coming out. Dang. You're never gonna let that go, huh? 😟
  • bojack5
    bojack5 Posts: 2,859 Member
    Options
    Cutemesoon wrote: »
    bojack5 wrote: »
    Or until someone ambushes you coming out of a mid town Manhattan gym.....

I told you it was a coincidence! I just "happened" to be walking by as you were coming out. Dang. You're never gonna let that go, huh? 😟

Lol....if it was you I would have stalked you right back! ;)
  • AmberGlitterSparkles
    AmberGlitterSparkles Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I think the problem lies with the majority of social media being turned into a dating platform. I don’t think most of us came here with intentions of making a romantic connection with someone. This isn’t a dating website. However, there are the few people out there who do, and end up turning it that way. Often times when that sentiment isn’t reciprocated they become angry. I had an incident on FB fairly recently with a gentleman who friended me. He immediately started to try and get Romaric with me. When I curved him he was really angry and said “so are we going to do this or not?” I was like “we we going to do what?” And he brought up dating etc. Why is it that accepting a friend request should automatically mean that I’m interested in you beyond that? I think romance can certainly blossom in unexpected places and if you’re open to it that’s cool. I don’t think it’s ok for people to try and force it on someone because they’re being friendly. Unsolicited anything is usually not ok. At least to me.
  • mustacheU2Lift
    Options

Define "click with" further please. A crush is someone that you may want more intimate or emotional relations with, along the lines of a relationship. Object of desire if you will.

The way you describe it, that is more of a friendship. Or, beginnings of one.

I guess i see crush as someone you have an interest/admiration for. And that maybe it does progress into more of a real friendship/relationship. To the point of meeting in real life, carrying on outside of mfp, and so on. I guess if you are talking to someone and you hope it to continue into a romantic relationship or you commit to being exclusive...thats more than a crush right?