July 2018 Running Challenge

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    @Elise4270 Yay! You did it and scored 2nd AG! You go! W00T!
  • PastorVincent
    @jele30 Great job on your 5k!
  • marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    @PastorVincent Yes, it is unfortunate that I bought the Apple Watch before I decided to run a marathon. I probably would have not purchased it had I anticipated running for that length of time. I am thinking my marathon will be around 5 hours, so no good for me.

I actually talked with my husband a few minutes ago about the 235, so I might purchase that soon and just try to sell my Apple Watch.

@shanaber I’m actually not a huge fan of Strava, so I wouldn’t want to use it. Looks like a new watch is in my future.
  • PastorVincent
    No run today ... spent it wiring. Updating the old fashioned non-grounded outlets to the grounded with GFCI. Neck hurts from twisting around, but not much cardio...
  • PastorVincent
    Awesome running yesterday at GreenbeltHalf Marathon. Completed in just over 2 hours with a time of 2.00 : 45. The conditions were good with it being cool and a tad windy but overall very good. The course was out and back and undulating along a riverbank with lovely scenery to look at.

Congrats! Well done!

• MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    No run today ... spent it wiring. Updating the old fashioned non-grounded outlets to the grounded with GFCI. Neck hurts from twisting around, but not much cardio...

So . . . you Lost Trails to Power?
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,388 Member
    @garygse - I am covering my nectarine tree in the hopes of keeping those cute little guys out of it (as well bids, beetles and raccoons)! I have also discovered that we have a pair of hawks that have moved in and seem to be doing the best job at keeping them away 🐿🦅
  • PastorVincent
    MobyCarp wrote: »

So . . . you Lost Trails to Power?

Wow. So inside, but yes I guess you can say that :)
  • seanevan10
    seanevan10 Posts: 385 Member
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    @shanaber I don't want to steal @seanevan10 's thunder in case she wants to share her race report. She did get 1st in the athena group.

She does, btw, have the cutest 8 year old twin boys. Smart little guys!. Oh how I miss the innocent days.

Thank you so much! They are so very smart and quite a handful.
  • seanevan10
    seanevan10 Posts: 385 Member
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    @seanevan10 Eric has a Scottish rite meeting thing that weekend. But I don't. It is the weekend after my quarter marathon, but I don't think thatd keep me from doing it. I just have to check the work schedule, if I'm on call I have to stay local.

October triathlon in Keller Texas anyone?

Well, we will miss Eric, but we would love to have you! You can have your own room for the weekend!