July 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    @shanaber After getting my new Merrell Trail Glove 4s for free last week on Amazon Prime, I still had points, so this morning I ordered a bunch of Tailwind, a pair of running sunglasses, and to indulge my other passion, four copper skillets with lids.... after using up my points, I had to shell out $17.89. :)

I have an extra bag of Berry TailWind. I need to give it away. Stuff and I do not get along. Do you ever get down to Southside? I could bring it to work and have it there if you want it.
  • LaDispute57
    LaDispute57 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent I work in Butler, but I get down your way periodically... my tattoo artist is in Lawrenceville too... but I could easily drive down just to introduce myself formally and get Tailwind... I am leaving on vacation Friday, so maybe we can do it when I get back... Thank you!
  • dreamer12151
    dreamer12151 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    JulieS3103 wrote: »
    I saw the Packers 5k race event after I had already signed up for the Brewers 5k so next year I will have to make sure to leave that day open, my husband would love to run through Lambeau Field :)

Oh I SOOOOOO can't wait until next year when these races will be do-able for me! I was actually at Lambeau on the 17th. So cool to see the history and walk where legends have tread! lol
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent GFI - Nicely done sir. I should have made this suggestion when you first mentioned the requirement to install them. When replacing plugs we now install them with the gnd prong to the top - what most people would consider upside down. In Alberta there is no electrical code on the orientation of plugs.

The reason/logic is there was an incident(s) where a young child was playing with the metal parts from one of those Mechno Toy sets and dropped it while holding it against the wall. It landed on top of a cord that was not fully plugged in - so it bridged the Hot and Neutral creating a high current short circuit. The circuit breaker in the main panel was faulty and overrated (40 amp) for the circuit so it did not trip. They could have lost a child to electrocution and nearly lost the house to fire. A 2nd incident where a child dropped a penny and it bridged. It's a rare occurrence requiring multiple faults - bad breaker, cord not fully inserted and metal object bridging the plug. Mounting the plug with the Gnd up eliminates/reduces the chance of this rare event happening, and GFI's should eliminate it. I now have a GFI on the first outlet on each circuit in my house so it protects all the secondary outlets on that circuit.

GFI's are cheaper than Arc Detector circuit breakers and provide the same or even bettor protection.

Enjoy the new house it looked great in the pictures.
  • dreamer12151
    dreamer12151 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Back to oppressive, sweltering reality.

July goal: 20 miles

7/2 - 1.62
    7/4 - 1.70
    7/5 - 2.10
    7/9 - 2.00
    7/10 - 2.01
    7/12 - 2.15
    7/14 - 2.03
    7/23 - 1.63 - 15.24 done, 4.76 remains
    Options
    @Elise4270 lol. i don't want to go to a church near me because they have gold Jesus and that just seems idol-ic.
    i judge churches on their altar Jesus.