Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Oh -- Mr. Kiddy Music left us last week... Taking a position as an IT Tech at an elementary school :D:D:D
    I can't make this stuff up!!
  • FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    FL_Hiker wrote: »
    My neighbors invited me over for coffee and dessert tomorrow, I really want to go because they're great people but also don't want to blow my calorie budget for a dessert I didn't specifically plan and pick... I also secretly hate coffee.

Go.. And take them a hostess gift of a tea or bottle of wine or whatever that you do like.

ETA : I don't understand not liking coffee, but my attitude is generally "more for me then."

It's so bitter 🙁 and tons of creamer is just extra calories... I'd rather drink chocolate milk lol. I wish I liked it for those days when I'm really tired... instead I just take a caffeine pill.

What kind of tea would you bring as a gift? Like a gallon of sweet tea? Or would that be weird? They're 100 years old so I'm not sure I should bring alcohol..
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    becky3695 wrote: »
    Oh -- Mr. Kiddy Music left us last week... Taking a position as an IT Tech at an elementary school :D:D:D
    I can't make this stuff up!!

This is terrific!!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    My neighbors invited me over for coffee and dessert tomorrow, I really want to go because they're great people but also don't want to blow my calorie budget for a dessert I didn't specifically plan and pick... I also secretly hate coffee.

I openly hate coffee. I'll blow all the calories for a good dessert!

I like iced coffee occasionally & coffee flavored ice cream, but hot coffee=blech!

I remember ordering a Pumpkin Spice Latte one time & for some reason I thought it would be iced (not up on different coffee terms) & I felt like a cat lapping at milk. So awful.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    @kellyjellybellyjelly I completely understand! I had on a pair of jeans a few weeks ago and like you - on the toilet- noticed that I could see my hands thru the thighs. These were hand me downs from my neighbor who lost weight a year or so ago. I, too, secretly hope that she wore out the legs more so than me :D

And on coffee -- I agree with Melissa - how can you not like coffee?!?! I will just enjoy it for you!!!!
    *sipping the second cup of the day*

You can have all the coffee!

I'm thinking it was mostly them since I only wore these pants around three times.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

Go.. And take them a hostess gift of a tea or bottle of wine or whatever that you do like.

ETA : I don't understand not liking coffee, but my attitude is generally "more for me then."

It's so bitter 🙁 and tons of creamer is just extra calories... I'd rather drink chocolate milk lol. I wish I liked it for those days when I'm really tired... instead I just take a caffeine pill.

What kind of tea would you bring as a gift? Like a gallon of sweet tea? Or would that be weird? They're 100 years old so I'm not sure I should bring alcohol..

You could do sweet tea (that is a perfectly acceptable summertime hostess gift here in TN) or even a pitcher of lemonade. I would put it in a pitcher I didn't care if I get back, though. You could do a raspberry or peach tea as well. (Just mascerate the fruit in a food processor and then strain it and mix the liquid into your tea. Use 1/4 less sweetener than usual in the tea.)
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    If you have been reading for a while, you know how I feel about "plate in the bathroom girl". Today, there are crumbs in the bathroom floor. Not just one or two. It looks like someone set Spam's kids in the floor with saltiness.
    I am SO grossed out.
  • Beka3695
    Options
    If you have been reading for a while, you know how I feel about "plate in the bathroom girl". Today, there are crumbs in the bathroom floor. Not just one or two. It looks like someone set Spam's kids in the floor with saltiness.
    I am SO grossed out.

I am pretty new - so I have missed "plate in the bathroom girl" OMG -- that is so gross!!!! Does she have to eat in the bathroom to escape? Do you all work for Satan himself?

oh --also @MelissaPhippsFeagins -- You are in western NC, right? Did you get HORRRRRRIBBBLLLEEEE storms Friday night/Sat am? I am just in Georgia near the NC/TN line and we were HAMMERED!!!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    I am SO grossed out.

I am pretty new - so I have missed "plate in the bathroom girl" OMG -- that is so gross!!!! Does she have to eat in the bathroom to escape? Do you all work for Satan himself?

oh --also @MelissaPhippsFeagins -- You are in western NC, right? Did you get HORRRRRRIBBBLLLEEEE storms Friday night/Sat am? I am just in Georgia near the NC/TN line and we were HAMMERED!!!

I am in East TN and one elderly woman was killed by a tree that fell into her home and my daughter's friend was lying in her bed when a tree came through the roof, stopping about 18 inches from her face. She grabbed her phone and took a picture before getting out bed, because viral social media is is more important than not getting crushed? (I don't really think she thinks that, but it was ill-advised.)
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    @becky3695 where in GA? (if you don't mind). My daughter goes to college in Chattanooga. :)
  • Beka3695
    Options
    @becky3695 where in GA? (if you don't mind). My daughter goes to college in Chattanooga. :)

I live in Ellijay - I'm about 1:20 from Chattanooga. I worked in Ringgold for YEARS!!

We stood on our porch and watched the strongest lightning I have ever seen. One hit and I looked at my husband and said "something is burning down tonight" We went out the next day and it was a HUGE metal garage that serviced a large chicken farm. A lot of entire roads were washed away near us.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

I live in Ellijay - I'm about 1:20 from Chattanooga. I worked in Ringgold for YEARS!!

We stood on our porch and watched the strongest lightning I have ever seen. One hit and I looked at my husband and said "something is burning down tonight" We went out the next day and it was a HUGE metal garage that serviced a large chicken farm. A lot of entire roads were washed away near us.

As far as I know, we didn't have any wash outs, but we had trees down all over. I vaguely know where Ellijay is. Ha, I have (relatively) nearby fitness pal. :)
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Monday poll question: A doctor here has opened a hot yoga studio on the side. It's offering an introductory 12 class card for $130. I would have 6 months to use it. ( less than $11/class; individual classes are $18 each). To buy or not to buy, that is the question.
  • Lawanda0124
    Lawanda0124 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Binge drinking/happy hour has been a major contributor to my gaining the weight I lost back. No more happy hour for me!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Monday poll question: A doctor here has opened a hot yoga studio on the side. It's offering an introductory 12 class card for $130. I would have 6 months to use it. ( less than $11/class; individual classes are $18 each). To buy or not to buy, that is the question.

Will they let you try a class before you buy the card? With my luck I'd buy the card then hate the class.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Got to love PMS hangry days.

At least everything is within my 1800 calories.

Had a whole bag of Turkey Bites, two pints of low calorie ice cream, a whole bag of Pop Chips Sea Salt (realized I don't like this brand of chips as much as I used to).
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »

Will they let you try a class before you buy the card? With my luck I'd buy the card then hate the class.

Yes. I have already done a free class. It was a low heat class and I was able to keep up with the studio at 90-95 degrees. Today I got the offer in my email about the 12 class card. An annual membership for unlimited classes is pretty pricy and the classes aren't all at very convenient times for me. I think I might be able to make time for 2 classes a month, though.
  • Beka3695
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »

Yes. I have already done a free class. It was a low heat class and I was able to keep up with the studio at 90-95 degrees. Today I got the offer in my email about the 12 class card. An annual membership for unlimited classes is pretty pricy and the classes aren't all at very convenient times for me. I think I might be able to make time for 2 classes a month, though.

I would buy the card the never go.... waiting for a more convenient time then one month left and have 10 visits remaining
  • Beka3695
    Options
    Maybe if it was a “hot doctor opening a cool yoga studio...”

:p
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Maybe if it was a “hot doctor opening a cool yoga studio...”

:p

Actually, I am pretty sure the opened the yoga studio so that she could take a 6am class twice a week and make it in to see her patients by 8am. I don't think she teaches. Her sister does teach a lot there though.