How to approach girls in the gym???

Options

Replies

• mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options
    denny_mac wrote: »
    Don't you need to treat the gym as you would ANY public place where people gather? You have to gauge the environment you're in, and the people who are in it. For example if you were in a coffee shop and saw a girl you wanted to talk to but she had earbuds in and was clearly focused on her laptop, those are clues that it's not a good time to approach her. Conversely if she's in an open posture, leaning back in her chair smiling and looking around the room, perhaps even making small talk with other customers... better time to strike up a POLITE conversation. This isn't rocket science.

Translate that to any other environment you're in. Even the gym. Some people are only there to get their exercise in. You should be able to pick those people out. Other people will be more open to at least having a conversation. If you're interested in one of those people, strike up a polite conversation. But also be respectful of their time. If they're interested in talking to you they will make it evident.

The issue here isn't whether or not the gym is off limits, the issue here is not being able to read non verbal cues, and not having any social maturity or etiquette.

I like this ^^^ ...i was about to post why not the gym...not that you should use it as a bar to pick up women but if you find yourself attracted to someone at church, store, coffee shop would you approach them? I wouldnt personally only because im too shy but would be receptive to someone approaching me. However, like @denny_mac said be able to read social cues. And dont overstay your welcome.
  • KingHurlbutt
    KingHurlbutt Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    haha and all the girls say... don't:)
  • Sweetnsimpleblond
    Sweetnsimpleblond Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Don’t. I’ve been approached at the gym and it’s uncomfortable. I’m there to work out. If the girl is into you she may show interest (smile, saying hi, or asking about your workout).
    I know a few girls that refuse to go to a gym and instead work out at home because of men approaching them.
  • ChaelAZ
    ChaelAZ Posts: 2,240 Member
    Options
    Start with a butt slap to set precedence, then mention “That peach look juicy” while smiling and walking away. You will have plenty of time to get to know them one on one in court. 👍🏼
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    I would not mind being approached at the gym. Just saying.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    I like to use magic tricks as an icebreaker.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    denny_mac wrote: »
    Don't you need to treat the gym as you would ANY public place where people gather? You have to gauge the environment you're in, and the people who are in it. For example if you were in a coffee shop and saw a girl you wanted to talk to but she had earbuds in and was clearly focused on her laptop, those are clues that it's not a good time to approach her. Conversely if she's in an open posture, leaning back in her chair smiling and looking around the room, perhaps even making small talk with other customers... better time to strike up a POLITE conversation. This isn't rocket science.

Translate that to any other environment you're in. Even the gym. Some people are only there to get their exercise in. You should be able to pick those people out. Other people will be more open to at least having a conversation. If you're interested in one of those people, strike up a polite conversation. But also be respectful of their time. If they're interested in talking to you they will make it evident.

The issue here isn't whether or not the gym is off limits, the issue here is not being able to read non verbal cues, and not having any social maturity or etiquette.

I agree with this.

Although I think that in the technological age we are in, reading social cues is becoming a lost skill......
  • justinewillcutyou
    justinewillcutyou Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I wouldn’t mind being approached at the gym but if I seem disinterested, please take the hint.
  • ursula130
    ursula130 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    ZQGainz wrote: »
    What's the best way haha?

Hi. That's it. No staring, no whistling, no leering. If she wants to talk she will let you know. If not move on. I for one prefer not to talk at the gym
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    in the gym... no.

instead

just wait for them in the parking lot

inside their car

in the backseat.

My husband did this to me once. I kept leaving my car unlocked and he decided to teach me a lesson. I lock my car now.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I dunno, try hitting her up at the gyno first. Test the waters.
  • Breezybreeze7
    Breezybreeze7 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Lots of discouraging messages for you, lol. Look if you are interested in a girl, just man up, Man. If she rejects you, say Jk Jk laugh and cover your face walking off. But you know what?!? You did it! You should be proud. You can’t win if you don’t compete.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Lots of discouraging messages for you, lol. Look if you are interested in a girl, just man up, Man. If she rejects you, say Jk Jk laugh and cover your face walking off. But you know what?!? You did it! You should be proud. You can’t win if you don’t compete.

"You miss 100% of the shots that you don't take."

~ Abraham Lincoln
  • Keto_N_Iron
    Keto_N_Iron Posts: 5,385 Member
    Options
    Don't especially if she has headphones on.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options

I love this and agree 100%
  • Keto_N_Iron
    Keto_N_Iron Posts: 5,385 Member
    Options
    1. Wear gray sweats (ifyouknowwhatimean)
    2. Stand in front of her and stretch. Stretch it goooood.
    3. Stare until she makes eye contact
    4. Wink and blow her a kiss
    5. Ask if you can taste her sweat
    6. Tell the officer you didn't do anything wrong
    7. Post bail
    8. Ignore the restraining order
    9. Don't be put off by failure.

Don't ever do this!! :D:D:D however she might hang around if the officer is @kinetixtrainer2
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »

100% this worked for me. Now im engaged.
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,129 Member
    Options
    1. Wear gray sweats (ifyouknowwhatimean)
    2. Stand in front of her and stretch. Stretch it goooood.
    3. Stare until she makes eye contact
    4. Wink and blow her a kiss
    5. Ask if you can taste her sweat
    6. Tell the officer you didn't do anything wrong
    7. Post bail
    8. Ignore the restraining order
    9. Don't be put off by failure.

Don't ever do this!! :D:D:D however she might hang around if the officer is @kinetixtrainer2

Haha I appreciate that but I highly doubt it. I’m a sweaty mess in the gym.
  • Breezybreeze7
    Breezybreeze7 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »

100% this worked for me. Now im engaged.

You are?!?!