Weird things you do with food

Replies

• mutantspicy
    mutantspicy Posts: 624 Member
    I don't consider this weird, but if I order a soup and sandwich. I insist that the soup waits until I'm served my sandwich, because the soup becomes my dipping sauce for said sandwich.
  • kcs76
    kcs76 Posts: 244 Member
    I don't consider this weird, but if I order a soup and sandwich. I insist that the soup waits until I'm served my sandwich, because the soup becomes my dipping sauce for said sandwich.

You can't not dip the sandwich. That's madness.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    kcs76 wrote: »

You can't not dip the sandwich. That's madness.

Grilled cheese just isn't the same without tomato or cream of mushroom soup to dip it in! I've never dipped other sandwiches in my soup before, but I bet it would be good!
  • rrodriguez25
    rrodriguez25 Posts: 2 Member
    I love eating leftover food, but not reheating it, just eating it cold is best. Like pizza or burgers, mmmmm it’s so good. I especially like eating the cold pizza with a cold glass of almond or coconut milk.
  • myersark
    myersark Posts: 1 Member
    When I was younger, I put milk in my Dr. Pepper. (Don't drink sodas at all any more.)
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    myersark wrote: »
    When I was younger, I put milk in my Dr. Pepper. (Don't drink sodas at all any more.)

Yes we always did that with milk and a local fizzy red drink - no Dr Pepper where I was growing up.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,456 Member
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    I leave my teabag in until I'm completely finished drinking my tea.

My sister does this.
  • widgit808
    widgit808 Posts: 194 Member

My sister does this.

I do the same. Had no idea it wasn't common practice!
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    I like chili powder on tabbouleh.
  • ella82
    ella82 Posts: 2 Member
    I can eat anything for breakfast, doesn't have to be breakfast food...like soup.
    Sometimes I like to put ketchup on my oatmeal. :smiley:
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,866 Member
    ella82 wrote: »
    I can eat anything for breakfast, doesn't have to be breakfast food...like soup.
    Sometimes I like to put ketchup on my oatmeal. :smiley:

You could be asian. Most of our breakfasts are savoury noodle soups, Laksa in Singapore and Malaysia, Pho in Vietnam, etc.
  • kcs76
    kcs76 Posts: 244 Member
    @ella82 I might have to try this. I enjoy savory oatmeal.

@DeserveVictory that sounds amazing.

So many yummy "weird" ideas from this thread.

• CharleyRose1236
    CharleyRose1236 Posts: 132 Member
    I love butter will even put butter on burgers and hot dogs lol
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,866 Member
    I like ketchup on French toast.
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    bootyrubsandtacos Posts: 775 Member
    I don’t like to waste my almond milk, so after I’m done eating cereal I put the bowl with the left over milk in the fridge and reuse it when I’m ready for another bowl 😂
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    widgit808 wrote: »

My sister does this.

I do the same. Had no idea it wasn't common practice!

Apparently 3 minutes is a good guide, but I've seen some take it out in much less time than that. Been told that's what the dainty little saucer is for under your traditional teacup. I use a mug, and have no such hangups about what to do with my teabag while drinking.
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    I don’t like to waste my almond milk, so after I’m done eating cereal I put the bowl with the left over milk in the fridge and reuse it when I’m ready for another bowl 😂

@bootyrubsandtacos Did you hear about the recall? (sorry to go off topic)
    http://6abc.com/food/vanilla-almond-breeze-almond-milk-recalled-may-contain-milk/3876040/
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,411 Member
    edited August 2018
    I like to drench fresh peach halves and pinapple chunks on skewers with balsamic vinegar and grill them. Everybody looks at you weird but they're yummy.

I put tuna and salsa in my mac & cheese. My hubs likes it that way now, too. In fact, if I don't add the tuna and salsa, he gives me a pathetic whine and a sad/confused face.
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    bootyrubsandtacos Posts: 775 Member
    DoubleUbea wrote: »

@bootyrubsandtacos Did you hear about the recall? (sorry to go off topic)
    http://6abc.com/food/vanilla-almond-breeze-almond-milk-recalled-may-contain-milk/3876040/

I heard! I don’t drink almond breeze anyway and I have no issue with real milk. I just drink unsweetened almond milk because it’s low in calories lol. Thanks for the heads up though! @DoubleUbea That was nice of you :)