Weird things you do with food

Options

Replies

• blnetsova
    blnetsova Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I love applesauce on my mac and cheese.
    I will also put Ranch and/or sriracha on just about anything.
    Chinese food leftovers and spaghetti-o's are best eaten cold

I'm sure there are others, but that's what I've got.
  • r3488
    r3488 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I put chopped up baby spinach and riced cauliflower in my sweet oatmeal. Yummy! (I'm always looking for ways that taste good to me to sneak in more vegetables...)
  • eyelikesharx
    eyelikesharx Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I can be kind of OCD about even numbers and "feeling even"... if I'm eating a handful of M&M's, I put them in my mouth 2-at-a-time and disperse them into separate corners of my mouth, then swallow both at once. If I reach the end of my handful and I'm left with one, odd piece, I'll throw it away before eating it devoid of a partner. Ridiculous, I know...

Also, won't eat popcorn without Sriracha.
  • carynsstinson
    carynsstinson Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Plus, don't know if anyone's mentioned this southern thriller, but I can't think of anything weirder than waffles & fried chicken, but ya know what? It's durn awesome good & there's plenty of restaurants out there that have figured it out & are making a killing on our strange taste cravings. And yes, you put plenty of syrup on the waffle & eat it with the chicken - yummm!
  • mutantspicy
    mutantspicy Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Plus, don't know if anyone's mentioned this southern thriller, but I can't think of anything weirder than waffles & fried chicken, but ya know what? It's durn awesome good & there's plenty of restaurants out there that have figured it out & are making a killing on our strange taste cravings. And yes, you put plenty of syrup on the waffle & eat it with the chicken - yummm!

Chicken & Waffles! This is a Detroit staple so it not just a southern thing, definitely not weird rather delicious!
  • NewChapterInMyLife
    NewChapterInMyLife Posts: 757 Member
    Options

Dill pickles with hot sauce
    Green beans mixed w tuna and mayo in a bowl
    Yogurt on a tortilla, wrapped up and frozen
    Boiled eggs with hot sauce
    Refried beans with egg on top( kinda runny)
    Crushed red pepper or cayenne on watermelon
    Mango mixed into cottage cheese
    And i love any weird or exotic foods. Not afraid to try anything at all. I'm a foodie and enjoy anything new or weird.....maybe one reason i gained weight ;)

• Kelkat405
    Kelkat405 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter, pimento cheese spread and crushed plain Doritos on fresh white bread sandwich!
  • bosswitch
    bosswitch Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Coke and breads. Especially garlic bread. Add some cheese on that and I'm in heaven
    I also wash any store bought chicken with water and vinegar to get the slime off it...
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I guess I’m not that weird! My husband thinks I am but I think he’s just picky. I put refried beans in my eggs. It’s good.
  • misslibralove
    misslibralove Posts: 21 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I don't really have any food quirks but I have a thing where I can't have foods on a plate touching each other where they'll get mixed together lol. I know it sounds so OCDish I see people at buffets load foods ontop of each other where it's all mixed together lol I just can't do it I'm so picky lol , also I can only deal with small amount of salad dressings too much makes the salad too wet, salty and wilted for me
  • NerdyFlex
    NerdyFlex Posts: 1,672 Member
    Options
    I put ketchup on pizza and I thought that was totally normal until my friends freaked out about it hahaha
  • widgit808
    widgit808 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    hesn92 wrote: »
    I guess I’m not that weird! My husband thinks I am but I think he’s just picky. I put refried beans in my eggs. It’s good.

I do this too...every morning! So good and the little bit of carbs makes it so much more satisfying :)
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Husband makes the most bizarro combinations and each time he thinks it's a stroke of genius. Insists that I try it... I always try it... omfg it's gross to me every time. If he smoked.... green.... it would make sense lol. I wish I could remember examples but it's different every time. Random leftover foods plus random cheese plus 2 or 3 random sauces microwaved is basically his formula. The stinkier the better. Oh, like the time he put leftover curry in a tortilla with swiss cheese and then put ranch on it. X(

I guess I've just given up any right I may have had to claim that I am weird. Foodwise, I seem to be the most basic of normies.
  • 25lbsorbust
    25lbsorbust Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    • Cook dry pasta
    • Put it in a bowl, put butter on it, and then let it go lukewarm
    • Add salt and pepper
    • Put Kraft Parmesan Cheese all over the top
    • Pour lemon juice on top of that, and work to get the right proportion so that the cheese and lemon forms a kind of paste that sticks to the pasta
    • Enjoy

That's 90% of my dinners, and has been since I was a kid. People look at me like I'm crazy, but guess who won't be getting scurvy? (and who has a lot of cavities because something something constant ingestion of undiluted lemon juice from concentrate woops)
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »
    Husband makes the most bizarro combinations and each time he thinks it's a stroke of genius. Insists that I try it... I always try it... omfg it's gross to me every time. If he smoked.... green.... it would make sense lol. I wish I could remember examples but it's different every time. Random leftover foods plus random cheese plus 2 or 3 random sauces microwaved is basically his formula. The stinkier the better. Oh, like the time he put leftover curry in a tortilla with swiss cheese and then put ranch on it. X(

I guess I've just given up any right I may have had to claim that I am weird. Foodwise, I seem to be the most basic of normies.

It's just fusion cooking! Ask him if he wants to start a food truck. ;)
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    3 Musketeers are better when eaten like corn on the cob and save the nougat (cob) for last :DB)
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    • Cook dry pasta
    • Put it in a bowl, put butter on it, and then let it go lukewarm
    • Add salt and pepper
    • Put Kraft Parmesan Cheese all over the top
    • Pour lemon juice on top of that, and work to get the right proportion so that the cheese and lemon forms a kind of paste that sticks to the pasta
    • Enjoy

That's 90% of my dinners, and has been since I was a kid. People look at me like I'm crazy, but guess who won't be getting scurvy? (and who has a lot of cavities because something something constant ingestion of undiluted lemon juice from concentrate woops)

I use to do the same as a kid especially if u get the stuffed pasta. . Nom!
  • marnidanielson
    marnidanielson Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I dip my pizza in ranch.

I LOVE ketchup on my eggs. But I don't know if that's very weird or not.

My husband is the weird one. haha He will only eat his tuna fish sandwiches with miracle whip and you have to also put it on the bread, not just mix it together.

His ham sandwiches have to have cheese. His turkey sandwiches cannot have cheese. haha.