Weird things you do with food

Options

Replies

• Sheepinwolfclothing
    Sheepinwolfclothing Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Bacon should only be eaten dipped in maple syrup.
  • widgit808
    widgit808 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Bananas with spicy chili. Sweet n heat yums
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Bacon should only be eaten dipped in maple syrup.

You know about bacon pancakes with maple syrup and vanilla ice cream, right? THAT’s the good stuff.
  • Crochetmama84
    Crochetmama84 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    jkirby0036 wrote: »
    my kids eat pancakes with mustard, I tend to take everything apart when I eat it. Like kitkats, I bite the chocolate off each of sides then take each wafer off and eat it. M&Ms- I will bite the shell off first while its in my mouth then eat the chocolate. I'm sure there is more weirdness about me, I just can't think of it at the moment.

I eat pancake with peanut butter and do the layered canddy like that too.
  • sugarlemonpie
    sugarlemonpie Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Granny smith apples sliced up and sprinkled with salt are amazing. I always get looks when I eat them, but my dad always had them that way too.
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I like to top a baked potato with cold split pea soup instead of butter. Is that weird?
  • widgit808
    widgit808 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I like to top a baked potato with cold split pea soup instead of butter. Is that weird?

I would never have thought to do that...it actually sounds delish!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,621 Member
    Options
    Granny smith apples sliced up and sprinkled with salt are amazing. I always get looks when I eat them, but my dad always had them that way too.

The Chinese eat a lot of fruits with a light sprinkle of salt. Salt is a scent and flavour enhancer that can make fruit seem more fragrant and nuanced. My mom ate peaches and honey dew melons with a little salt.
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    acpgee wrote: »

The Chinese eat a lot of fruits with a light sprinkle of salt. Salt is a scent and flavour enhancer that can make fruit seem more fragrant and nuanced. My mom ate peaches and honey dew melons with a little salt.

not weird at all...It actually makes what fruit your eating more 'sweeter'
  • niccy4500
    niccy4500 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Canned smoked oysters on Lays original potato chips!! My family hates the smell but I love it! I don't get to eat it often because I developed a seafood sensitivity after having two children. Also, watermelon with Heinz 57 sauce. It's so good.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,621 Member
    Options
    vegmebuff wrote: »
    acpgee wrote: »

not weird at all...It actually makes what fruit your eating more 'sweeter'

I was recently gifted David Thompson's authoritative cookbook "thai food". I stumbled upon a recipe for chilli salt to sprinkle on tart fruit. A teaspoon of roasted chillipowder, 2 tablespoons of salt and 3-4 tablespoons of sugar. There is also an ancient version that contains toasted shredded coconut to sprinkle on mango and watermelon.
  • emilyhultin
    emilyhultin Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    french fries dipped in honey 🙌🏻
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    french fries dipped in honey 🙌🏻

Have you ever done this with sweet potato fries?!? Sooooo good!!!!
  • kcs76
    kcs76 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    My favorite way to make popcorn, air-popped drizzled with olive oil, braggs amino acids and sprinkled with nutritional yeast. SO yummy.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I mix plain Greek regular yogurt and cold cooked rice together and add salt. It's like savory rice pudding.
  • georgieamber2
    georgieamber2 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Lol a friend it work told me his culinary creation - a beef pot noodle with a tin of tuna added?!? Apparently it's amazing😂
  • FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I name all my peas and then eat them in alphabetical order

... just kidding 😂
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    kcs76 wrote: »
    My favorite way to make popcorn, air-popped drizzled with olive oil, braggs amino acids and sprinkled with nutritional yeast. SO yummy.

I do the same...not always the oil though
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options

You should try spraying with pure coconut oil cooking spray......tastes soooo much better imo
  • kcs76
    kcs76 Posts: 244 Member
    Options

You should try spraying with pure coconut oil cooking spray......tastes soooo much better imo

I'll have to give it a try :)