Weird things you do with food

Options

Replies

• DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Misskcm wrote: »
    The only way I'll eat ketchup is if I put a ton of pepper in it.

I used to do this, I would sprinkle ground pepper on chicken wings.

• DoubleUbea
    Options
    I don't do these anymore.
    Mayo on saltine crackers,
    toasted rye/pumpernickel bread with Gulden's mustard. (okay maybe this one)
    Yellow mustard on potato chips, or a potato chip sand which.
    Italian dressing on bread
    Cinnamon in Breyers Vanilla ice cream. (Breyers ice cream bought out, they no longer use the original cream, sugar and vanilla recipe)

I have clean up my strange stuff, most was so unhealthy.

I didn't notice this was an old thread.....
  • heatherharget
    heatherharget Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    french fries in sour cream
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options

This doesn’t sound weird lol! Sounds like a deconstructed loaded potato!
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options

my boss does this, she swears by it. I do mayo and bbq sauce.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    I don't think I do anything THAT weird with my food, but the other day I witnessed my dad do something pretty gross after dinner...
    We normally don't have soda in the house, but we had leftovers from the Fourth of July and he opened the fridge, poured a glass half full of Coca-Cola.... AND THEN HE FILLED THE REST WITH MILK. He drank the entire thing in less than 10 seconds claiming how delicious it was, like a "root beer float but with coke".... UM?! No thank you!!!! XD I didn't try it so I mean, it MIGHT be good, but it just seems so, so wrong...
  • hgycta
    Options
    Oh wait, yes, I do one thing that might be deemed "weird" by some....
    hot dog twinkies.
    Instead of using a regular hot dog bun, slice open a twinkie and stick the hot dog right in there. It's the best salty/sweet combination and you all have to trust me on this one!
  • DoubleUbea
    edited July 2018
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    poured a glass half full of Coca-Cola.... AND THEN HE FILLED THE REST WITH MILK.
    That is old school, next time your Dad drinks it ask him if he had a crush on Laverne.
    I do one thing that might be deemed "weird" by some...hot dog twinkies.
    You get your weirdness from your dad, you should have lunch one day and serve milk & Pepsi with Twinkie Dogs.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options

I've never tried fries and sour cream. But plain lays potato chips and sour cream is amazing. I actually prefer sour cream to flavored ship dips. Not something I can have available a lot, as I will sit and eat way too much, lol.
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    Cool ranch doritos with sour cream
    Steak with sour cream
  • DoubleUbea
    Options
    Cracklins with sour cream that has been mixed with taco seasoning.
  • brneydgrlie
    brneydgrlie Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Misskcm wrote: »
    The only way I'll eat ketchup is if I put a ton of pepper in it. And I mean flip the "pour" tab not the "sprinkle" tab. At restaurants I'll take the entire lid off the shaker. My boyfriend thought it was weird until he tried it. Now he does it too.

At Chinese buffets, you know those doughnut type rolls with sugar on them? I take those and drench them in soy sauce. Oh my gosh it is so good.

I also like to get fries from McDonald's or Sonic or something and cut them up and mix them in with my ice-cream.

I have a few more but I'll spare you.

The fries thing is actually not so weird. :-) Many people who eat at Wendy's dip their fries in their Frosties.

My husband used to think it was strange that I love to eat leftover Chinese food for breakfast. Now he does it too. We fight over who gets the last of the lo mein. LOL!

When I was a kid, I used to hate cold foods for breakfast, so my mom used to buy me cans of chicken noodle soup to microwave in the mornings on school days. Haven't done that one in years, though!
  • brneydgrlie
    Options
    I had a friend in high school who used to dip her pizza in French dressing.
  • brneydgrlie
    Options
    I dip my carrots in spicy mustard.
    I love peanut butter and pickle sandwiches.

I make a dipping sauce out of mayo, spicy brown mustard, lemon juice, and hot sauce. I usually use it for meats or fish. But it's really super yummy for dipping raw carrots and broccoli into!

I hate barbecue sauce, but love barbecue flavored potato chips. Love tomatoes, but hate ketchup with a passion.

I also like to occasionally eat sushi for breakfast.
  • brneydgrlie
    Options
    When I was a kid, the only way my mom could get me to eat spinach was to make it with a meal that included brown gravy. I still like to eat spinach this way sometimes, and non-family members look at me like I have two heads!
  • Zodikosis
    Zodikosis Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Sweet potato fries and mustard.
  • bufger
    bufger Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I can't eat a banana without a good layer of Crunchy PB on it 😆
  • hgycta
    Options
    DoubleUbea wrote: »

That actually sounds like it would be really good.... how much taco seasoning do you use in the sour cream?
  • brneydgrlie
    Options
    Ketchup on poutine, which apparently americans dont have...just get fries, gravy, and cheese and put them together and you'll see what all the fuss is about eh!

Americans do have cheese fries with gravy. In the northern US, it's with mozzarella cheese. But in the southern US, they're called disco fries and made with orange cheese sauce (like Cheez Whiz) and gravy. Personally, I much prefer the mozzarella version.
  • DoubleUbea
    Options
    Zodikosis wrote: »
    Sweet potato fries and mustard.
    Mustard is good on anything. If you are of Polish decent you probably have *at least* three different types of mustard in your refrigerator at this time.
    DoubleUbea wrote: »
    That actually sounds like it would be really good.... how much taco seasoning do you use in the sour cream?

"About that much" Whatever looks about right, I never messured it, I would say enough to give the sour cream an orangish color. It works well with plain yogurt as well.