What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Replies

• ElC_76
    ElC_76 Posts: 3,054 Member
    edited August 2018
    z6h1c4q7yxj3.jpg
    Yumm good meats pasta and salads here, just sometimes doesn't look as cold as it tastes. Like mine this morning. :/ but it was b e a u t I ful!!. :):)
  • ElC_76
    ElC_76 Posts: 3,054 Member
    adae7xix7rqr.jpg
  • JL2513
    JL2513 Posts: 867 Member
    eq3fwrfw6767.jpg
    euqy0agsfw7y.jpg
    anedm1bd5lti.jpg
    im9646gc1vfk.jpg
  • racheladleruk
    racheladleruk Posts: 12 Member
    Trying out a new meal prep recipe: breakfast quesadillas. Had to tweak it a bit (the amount of cheese was woeful! :D ) but very pleased with the result. Will hopefully make my work mornings a bit less rushed.

x2uytoqtw2zy.jpeg
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,866 Member
    Ahi poke bowl on slaw at my desk.a6gtd0w21cpj.jpeg
  • bean6344
    bean6344 Posts: 26 Member
    Cabbage and Tuna casserole. Tried cabbage as a noodle substitute and it tasted pretty darned good.
    n3pjyfti4872.jpg
  • travelling_lots
    travelling_lots Posts: 377 Member
    acpgee wrote: »
    Air fryer chicken wings, Thai pomelo salad, rice.

That’s an interesting salad. What’s in it?
    I love salads and that one looks great!

SE Asian salads are great and don't require oil in the salad dressings. Skip the oil in the recipe below by just buying roasted peanuts and ready made fried shallots from the Asian supermarket in the SE Asia department and logging those instead. I blitz dried shrimp in the food processor to a powder for adding to SE Asian salads.

https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/pomelo-salad-with-chile-lime-peanuts-and-coconut

Thanks for the salad receipe.
    Had a picnic sat yesterday morning. I made it minus the peanuts. Due to allergies for some one there. But it was delicious
    Thank you!
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    JL2513 wrote: »
    The most amazing carrot cake ice cream sandwich. Worth every damn calorie.
    wqlfw236j3tw.jpg

I'm sure it was yummo...but I'd never know it was a 'carrot cake' sandwich...where are the carrots and nuts, etc.? :p
  • travelling_lots
    Oh my god. That looks soooooooooo yummy!
    Yes receive please.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    JL2513 wrote: »
    The most amazing carrot cake ice cream sandwich. Worth every damn calorie.
    wqlfw236j3tw.jpg
    40m4omb87xjw.jpg

I imagine that must have been quite the ice cream sandwich for you to say so because you eat some of the most delicious looking things on this thread! I love carrot cake and ice cream sandwiches, so I am definitely drooling over here!
  • acpgee

SE Asian salads are great and don't require oil in the salad dressings. Skip the oil in the recipe below by just buying roasted peanuts and ready made fried shallots from the Asian supermarket in the SE Asia department and logging those instead. I blitz dried shrimp in the food processor to a powder for adding to SE Asian salads.

https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/pomelo-salad-with-chile-lime-peanuts-and-coconut

Had a picnic sat yesterday morning. I made it minus the peanuts. Due to allergies for some one there. But it was delicious
    Thank you!

I see that the original recipe only uses coriander. I often add basil and mint too. Any SE Asian green herbs. Perilla leaf and sawtooth coriander if you can source them would be good too. If the peanut allergiic person can eat cashews, that's a common replacement in southern Thailand.
  • acpgee
    Roast veggies with croutons and gorgonzola with a squeeze of lemon. Air fryer potato wedges. Pan fried sea bream on a dirty plate.
    tdk5jufnr9cw.jpeg
    r2cc3ruxvatu.jpeg
    r3webdi0zbfk.jpeg

• ColoradoChlo
    ColoradoChlo Posts: 517 Member
    v9iay11dp9el.jpg

Nothing fancy here. Egg whites w/ spinach, turkey bacon, light whole wheat english muffin.
  • travelling_lots

Thank you!

I see that the original recipe only uses coriander. I often add basil and mint too. Any SE Asian green herbs. Perilla leaf and sawtooth coriander if you can source them would be good too. If the peanut allergiic person can eat cashews, that's a common replacement in southern Thailand.

Thank you, I wasn't aware of the peanut substitute. The mint and basil sounds good too