New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    https://www.socialnature.com/

Found this website that offers free samples - you dont always get them, but figured this group may be interested!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    AJB1014 wrote: »

Found this website that offers free samples - you dont always get them, but figured this group may be interested!

I've gotten quite a few things from them!
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    keiram555 wrote: »
    Aldi really has been coming through. I recently discovered the Fit and Active drinks, very low-cal flavored water in cranberry (tastes just like juice!) and lemonade, as well as their Fusia rice cake rolls. I really want to try the 14 calorie ice pops they have now, but can't find them at my local store. :'(

I've seen the ice pops but havent bought them
  • Noreenmarie1234
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    hgycta wrote: »
    Sallyw2004 wrote: »
    Wish I wasn’t all the way in Maryland >.<
    yk2rkqhwlgei.png

I'm actually really happy that Arctic Zero was able to survive the influx of competition in the low cal ice cream space!

Me too. They were like the first in the market years ago. I used to eat their 150 pints back in like 2010 lol.

I still occasionally eat them when I’ve blown all my calories on something that isn’t very filling and want something relatively indulgent still that fills me up the rest of the way, I don’t mind their cookie shake flavor, vanilla maple, or the salted caramel! Not nearly as good as halo top or enlightened, but heck for 150 calories and the convenience I’ll take it! Just a shame they never go on sale for $2.88 at Shoprite like the other pints around here haha

I find the 150 cal salted caramel and the cake batter (so good!) pints at Grocery Outlet every so often for $1.99. They also have the 300 cal peanut butter swirl and cherry chocolate chunk which are very good. I used to love their Snickerdoodle Dandy, but I think that flavor is now extinct.

Yet another reason I wish I had a Grocery Outlet in my state!!! :((
    i still haven't recieved my halo top PB & J :s

Did you get a shipping confirmation or anything from Ice Cream Source? That’s odd... I hope you get it soon!!!

Also, saw this online. I want it SO badly but:
    1.) Those bread bowls are already a bunch of calories, so I can’t imagine how many are in these!!!
    2.) It’s only in certain test markets </3

If anyone here tries it I’d love to hear how it is!!
    6azqvdy8g83x.jpeg

I want the bread bowl now!!!

Icecream source sent me the conformation for my delievery
    then on july 26th I was told it would be here July 28th and now the status has changed to pending shipment

wsv1pqm0dud8.png

now it says

59c8eikpoxcj.png

so i emailed ice cream source to see what is going on

Same thing happened to mine. One of the pints were delivered (boyfriend ate), and a few others were sent but mine has been changing delivery date for the past week. Very strange. I emailed them and they said it just means the label was created and once it is shipped you will get a notice. I thought they were suppose to come by 31st though? Just hoping we still get them!
  • vnb_208
    Sallyw2004 wrote: »
    Wish I wasn’t all the way in Maryland >.<
    yk2rkqhwlgei.png

I'm actually really happy that Arctic Zero was able to survive the influx of competition in the low cal ice cream space!

Me too. They were like the first in the market years ago. I used to eat their 150 pints back in like 2010 lol.

I still occasionally eat them when I’ve blown all my calories on something that isn’t very filling and want something relatively indulgent still that fills me up the rest of the way, I don’t mind their cookie shake flavor, vanilla maple, or the salted caramel! Not nearly as good as halo top or enlightened, but heck for 150 calories and the convenience I’ll take it! Just a shame they never go on sale for $2.88 at Shoprite like the other pints around here haha

I find the 150 cal salted caramel and the cake batter (so good!) pints at Grocery Outlet every so often for $1.99. They also have the 300 cal peanut butter swirl and cherry chocolate chunk which are very good. I used to love their Snickerdoodle Dandy, but I think that flavor is now extinct.

Yet another reason I wish I had a Grocery Outlet in my state!!! :((
    i still haven't recieved my halo top PB & J :s

Did you get a shipping confirmation or anything from Ice Cream Source? That’s odd... I hope you get it soon!!!

Also, saw this online. I want it SO badly but:
    1.) Those bread bowls are already a bunch of calories, so I can’t imagine how many are in these!!!
    2.) It’s only in certain test markets </3

If anyone here tries it I’d love to hear how it is!!
    6azqvdy8g83x.jpeg

I want the bread bowl now!!!

Icecream source sent me the conformation for my delievery
    then on july 26th I was told it would be here July 28th and now the status has changed to pending shipment

wsv1pqm0dud8.png

now it says

59c8eikpoxcj.png

so i emailed ice cream source to see what is going on

Same thing happened to mine. One of the pints were delivered (boyfriend ate), and a few others were sent but mine has been changing delivery date for the past week. Very strange. I emailed them and they said it just means the label was created and once it is shipped you will get a notice. I thought they were suppose to come by 31st though? Just hoping we still get them!

Neither my boyfriend or I received any !
  • vnb_208
    AJB1014 wrote: »

how does it work, I signed up but I dont understand it lol
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    edited July 2018
    Oh, and something salty/savory I like: Aldi has a line of pre-packaged lunch meat that's actually pretty good. The brand is Lunch Mate (which I suspect is just Deli Fresh renamed, lol) and it's cheap and delicious. I really like the Mesquite Turkey. You get 6 slices for 60 calories, so I add that to toasted Fit and Active Multigrain Bread (90 cals for 2 slices) and smear on a wedge of Happy Farms Pepper Jack as a spread/cheese replacement. Feel free to load on any veggies you like, but I tend to have very plain homemade sandwiches. The sandwich is admittedly on the small side, so I always pair with either a cup of soup or some veggie chips/pretzels. A great lunch!

THANKS !! I was going to pickup the lunch meat but I wasnt to sure !

You're welcome :) I've only tried the Mesquite Turkey, so I'm not sure how the other varieties are. I'd like to try the Rotisserie Chicken or Smoked Ham at some point...but I just like the mesquite turkey so much!

Aldi really has some hidden gems. I really like the pretzel rods that come in a canister; Clancy's Veggie Chips; Clancy's version of Cool Ranch Doritos (not calorically friendly, but these are amazing. Absolutely covered in ranch powder); tasty low cal ice cream and light yogurts; dairy free milks are excellent; their version of Laughing Cow Cheese is nearly identical and much cheaper...just wish they had more flavors!; generic diet sodas are cheap and just as good as Coke; and they have a ton of 100 Calorie Packs and Fiber One bars that I swear are the brand name, just repackaged. I still like Trader Joe's more, but Aldi's prices are right, and if they keep stepping up their game by offering unique products at such an affordable price, they might just move up as one of my favorite stores!
  • vnb_208
    edited July 2018
    ps CHIPTOLE is giving out free guacamole for national avocado day !

nvm its not worth it I'll just pay for it lmfao :D:D:D

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/07/31/is-free-chipotle-guacamole-worth-all-this-hassle/
  • lisaepell
    lisaepell Posts: 103 Member
    I almost never go to GNC but I stopped in today and picked up Quest Chips and these. The initial BBQ flavor was good, but the chips themselves are pretty sawdusty. Too bad, I was really looking forward to enjoying them with my lunch salad.
  • vnb_208
    edited July 2018
    lisaepell wrote: »
    I almost never go to GNC but I stopped in today and picked up Quest Chips and these. The initial BBQ flavor was good, but the chips themselves are pretty sawdusty. Too bad, I was really looking forward to enjoying them with my lunch salad.

i love quest chips there not for everyone but the cheddar sour cream & onion or even the tortilla chips are so yummy to me but I understand what you saying there not like lays chips also i never tried the bbq ones but I CANT eat the PROTES there gross to me
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    ps CHIPTOLE is giving out free guacamole for national avocado day !

nvm its not worth it I'll just pay for it lmfao :D:D:D

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/07/31/is-free-chipotle-guacamole-worth-all-this-hassle/

Are you kidding me? I think it would take less time to go to the store, buy an avocado, and make my own guac! :D
  • emcclure013
    emcclure013 Posts: 231 Member
    Aldi really has been coming through. I recently discovered the Fit and Active drinks, very low-cal flavored water in cranberry (tastes just like juice!) and lemonade, as well as their Fusia rice cake rolls. I really want to try the 14 calorie ice pops they have now, but can't find them at my local store. :'(

I've been working through a box of the 14 calorie ice pops and they're not half bad! I'll be getting another box when mine runs out because you can't beat a sweet treat for only 14 calories!
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member

I've been working through a box of the 14 calorie ice pops and they're not half bad! I'll be getting another box when mine runs out because you can't beat a sweet treat for only 14 calories!

If I can find a popsicle mold I kind of want to try making some of my own using sparkling ice water! Has anyone here tried making their own popsicles before? I figure it can’t be much different than making ice... I think!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited July 2018

If I can find a popsicle mold I kind of want to try making some of my own using sparkling ice water! Has anyone here tried making their own popsicles before? I figure it can’t be much different than making ice... I think!

I used to make all the time as a kid with cheap popsicle molds and loved it. Most dollar stores and grocery stores sell them for a few bucks. You should try adding that cotton candy flavoring too!
  • hgycta
    crazyravr wrote: »

Pour juice into molds and freeze. Simple.
    If you want to make ice bars, pour yogurt into mouds and freeze. Pure fruit with the yogurt or add jams to make it to your liking :)

Ooh, even more options than I thought about! I'll have to try them, thanks!

By the way, if I'm not mistaken, you're the guy who started that cheesecake recipe thread, right? You don't happen to have any other recipes up your sleeve elsewhere do you? I need all the secrets I can get, I spend way too much on prepared diet stuff XD
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Can’t find Enlightened pints anywhere in central Ohio. Must be looking in wrong places.Also,Adis only has vanilla & chocolate in their store brand ice cream.
  • hgycta
    I got this because I saw someone (I think on Facebook but I could be wrong) write about how good it was, tasting like a blend between cotton candy and bubble gum.

Well, like all their frappe mixes I went the hot cocoa route; I always mix their powders with heated up almond milk - 40 grams for every 8 oz. I love their cotton candy flavor frappe mixes made like hot cocoa but this one was awful in my opinion.

Usually bubble gum flavored stuff is pink, not blue, so the color made me happy. Unfortunately, it ONLY tasted like bubble gum... no blend of cotton candy whatsoever. I feel cheated, there’s nothing unicorn or magical about this beyond the sprinkles. Just a rebranded bubble gum flavor. Won’t get again.
    3hxct0mw3s0b.jpeg
  • vnb_208
    I cant find enlightned either its really hard I want the chocolate chip cookie dough & chocolate ph. The only chain we have in ct is shop rite and they dont have alot of flavors
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited August 2018
    Anyone else get their coupon for freal that I posted on here? Got mine so decided to splurge an get j8sj9601mby6.png It didn't taste as much like cotton candy as I was hoping for and had more of a vanilla base with a more mild cotton candy. However, the cotton candy flavor was the traditional flavor I love (not the bubblegum one). The shake was super sweet, thick, and delicious. 560 calories for this TINY thing!! It didn't taste as much like cotton candy as I was hoping for and had more of a vanilla base with a more mild cotton candy. I split with my boyfriend and he didn't like it because he said it was too sweet, lol.

I would rather just make my own with cotton candy extract, vanilla ice cream and have one twice the size for half the calories, but it was free so it was fun to try :smile: .
  • hgycta
    Anyone else get their coupon for freal that I posted on here? Got mine so decided to splurge an get j8sj9601mby6.png It didn't taste as much like cotton candy as I was hoping for and had more of a vanilla base with a more mild cotton candy. However, the cotton candy flavor was the traditional flavor I love (not the bubblegum one). The shake was super sweet, thick, and delicious. 560 calories for this TINY thing!! It didn't taste as much like cotton candy as I was hoping for and had more of a vanilla base with a more mild cotton candy. I split with my boyfriend and he didn't like it because he said it was too sweet, lol.

I would rather just make my own with cotton candy extract, vanilla ice cream and have one twice the size for half the calories, but it was free so it was fun to try :smile: .

I never even signed up for the coupon haha those are way too dangerous for me! I’ve had 3 or 4 of their flavors since I began logging before and each time I enjoyed it but was still starving! Not worth the calories in my opinion, I’d rather make blended protein shakes when I crave milkshakes haha. As a kid I’d get them all the time on road trips among many other things... thank goodness logging opened my eyes!