What was your wedding song and why?

Options
SemperAnticus1643
SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
My husband and I were married in January of this year. The song that played before we said our vows and as we walked away a married couple was Dave Barnes "God Gave Me You". We truly felt that God had a plan for us to meet. My husband is truly my partner, best friend and the love of my life.

Replies

• tammykoon
    tammykoon Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    We had two songs during our wedding. Love Can Build a Bridge, by the Judds, and Keeper of the Stars, by Tracy Byrd.

We danced to Please Forgive Me, by Bryan Adams. My mom thought that was the worst title to a wedding song she had ever heard but we still love it!

We've been married 16yrs, and we are best friends.
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Love of a Lifetime by Firehouse. We were married in 1996 but started dating in 1991. This song had come out that year and I knew the first time I heard it that it was "our song". After having boyfriends that lasted less than 6 months max, I knew I had found my love of a lifetime in Glenn. We even have LOALT (initials for the song title) engraved in our wedding bands. 80's hairbands were a big part of our teen years too! LOL
  • springtrio
    springtrio Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I can't remember. Is that bad? LOL. I'd have to watch the video. I know we played "Whats your fantasty" for the garter toss...but only because it's still talked about and the older generation was pretty pissed about it.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Our wedding song was "Amazed" by Lonestar. It was the first song we slow danced to when we were dating- we were actually at Lonestar's concert (the restaurant I was working for had a kiosk there selling food). My husband is my best friend. :happy:
  • jrueckert
    jrueckert Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Our song was 'Amazed' by Lonestar. We had danced to it at our first high school dance :)
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I can't remember. Is that bad? LOL. I'd have to watch the video. I know we played "Whats your fantasty" for the garter toss...but only because it's still talked about and the older generation was pretty pissed about it.

LOL!
  • Blessed917
    Blessed917 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    When I'm With You by Tony Terry.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Our wedding song was "Amazed" by Lonestar. It was the first song we slow danced to when we were dating- we were actually at Lonestar's concert (the restaurant I was working for had a kiosk there selling food). My husband is my best friend. :happy:

An instrumental from the Neil Diamond Album - Jonathan Livingston Seagull. We were married in a simple ceremony at a friend's home and realized at the last minute we had not selected any music, we pulled it out of her music selection. It was perfect.
  • kerriknox
    kerriknox Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Our song was 'here comes the sun' for our first dance but the list we gave our DJs included everything from the eagles to faithless! Luckily they managed to flow from one to the other seamlessly. Although I bet most of our guests were too drunk to tell anyways:-)
  • PJS323
    PJS323 Posts: 115
    Options
    How beautiful! Our wedding song was "I'll always be right there", by Bryan Adams. One of the versus states," we're not 2 people now, we are one, you're second to none. Forever we will be, together a family." I chose this because when I met my husband he was a single father of a 2 year old boy, and a 3 month old girl. His wife just up & left to never to come back, and so this song talks about all of us (us 4) being a family, not just a couple.

On the 24th of August we will celebrate our 10 year anniversary. Everytime I hear that song, it reminds me of us, our family.

Wedding songs are my favorite part of the celebration, because I believe it is representative of the couple. Thanks for the thread!!
  • WhisperALullaby
    WhisperALullaby Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Our wedding's in October, but we're dancing to the "Mario Kart Love Song" by Sam Hart. Look it up on Youtube, especially if you're a gamer, you'll find it fun.
  • tishaloses
    tishaloses Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    My husband and I will be married 5 yrs next month!! I wanted our song to be "Bless the broken road" by Rascal Flatts but his mom talked him out of it. Our song instead is "love will always win" by Trisha Yearwood and Garth Brooks!! Its a great song and its kinda grown on me!!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Adam Sandler - "I Wanna Grow Old With You"

Because it is the sweetest, most romantic song and is fun and cooky like my hubby and I.

I actually wanted that to be the song I walked down the aisle to, but my hubby wanted something a little more traditional so we did "At Last" by Etta James - we were best friends for years before we were a couple, so the general consensus from everyone who knows us was that we were together "at last" :laugh:
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    We got married beside a river, and so We had a soloist sing "Down in the river to pray" and it was GORGEOUS.
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    We didn't dance at our wedding being at a Baptist church just out of respect for them.

However our "song" is 18th Floor Balcony by Blue October
  • zookeepersuzy
    Options
    We had a bluegrass band at our wedding and I don't dance, so we didn't have any special songs that night (although the band is awesome & I listen to their CD all the time) At our rehearsal dinner we had some friends playing and they learned "our song" for that night. It's a really old song called "Be Boppa Lula". (you can find it on youtube if you want to hear it)
  • sarahmaryfearnley
    sarahmaryfearnley Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Barry White - You are my first, my last, my everything was playing as we walked down after the vows. All the rest, I have no idea. That was the only part of the wedding husband was responsible for.
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Our wedding song was "I cross my heart" by Goerge Strait. We picked it just for the one line in the song..."in all the world, you'll never find, a love thats true as mine"!!
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    Well, we got married on the Beach in Jamaica but the music I chose for her to walk down the isle to was:

"She's everything " by Brad Paisley

She's a yellow pair of running shoes
    A holey pair of jeans
    She looks great in cheap sunglasses
    She looks great in anything
    She's I want a piece of chocolate
    Take me to a movie
    She's I can't find a thing to wear
    Now and then she's moody

She's a Saturn with a sunroof
    With her brown hair a-blowin
    She's a soft place to land
    And a good feeling knowing
    She's a warm conversation
    That I wouldn't miss for nothing
    She's a fighter when she's mad
    And she's a lover when she's loving

[Chorus]
    And she's everything I ever wanted
    And everything I need
    I talk about her, I go on and on and on
    because she's everything to me

She's a Saturday out on the town
    And a church girl on Sunday
    She's a cross around her neck
    And a cuss word 'cause its Monday
    She's a bubble bath and candles
    Baby come and kiss me
    She's a one glass of wine
    And she's feeling kinda tipsy

She's the giver I wish I could be
    And the stealer of the covers
    She's a picture in my wallet
    Of my unborn children's mother
    She's the hand that I'm holding
    When I'm on my knees and praying
    She's the answer to my prayer
    And she's the song that I'm playing

[Repeat chorus]

She's the voice I love to hear
    Someday when I'm ninety
    She's that wooden rocking chair
    I want rocking right beside me
    Everyday that passes
    I only love her more
    Yeah, she's the one
    That I'd lay down my own life for

And she's everything I ever wanted
    And everything I need
    She's everything to me
    Yeah she's everything to me

Everything I ever wanted
    And everything I need
    She's everything to me
    Yeah shes everything to me
    everything to me

This somg pretty well describes my wife and how I felt about here then and still now 5 years later.
  • Visser1971
    Visser1971 Posts: 131
    Options
    "Fly Me to the Moon" - Astrud Gilberto version. 5 years ago next month! I wanted Sinatra, but Astrud did a great job. I will always love the lyrics to this song. For a while we thought it would be 10 thousand bicycles since we were bicycle fanatics, but changed that :-)