He's/She's Just Not That Into You

Replies

• covetthycarbs
    covetthycarbs Posts: 300 Member
    cee134 wrote: »
    So what are some things (petty or otherwise) that would turn you off from continuing to date a person?

Did you watch this movie when you were home not being sick yesterday?

No, I watched like 7 episodes of Friends.

Basically I wanna know if any of these things apply to me. Wondering why I can't get anyone to date me longer than like 3 months. 😕

Some ppl may be afraid to commit esp if they are at an age where the next logical step is marriage and they just don’t know if thats what they want. So they run

Dating more than three months doesn’t mean marriage automatically
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    So what are some things (petty or otherwise) that would turn you off from continuing to date a person?

Basically I wanna know if any of these things apply to me. Wondering why I can't get anyone to date me longer than like 3 months. 😕

Ain't no cure for the 90 day itch.
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member

Some ppl may be afraid to commit esp if they are at an age where the next logical step is marriage and they just don’t know if thats what they want. So they run

Most come back around eventually, but by then my interest is gone.
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    If they don’t like my family or vise versa
    No work ethic
    No sense of humor
    Mocks my music choices
  • covetthycarbs

Not at all, but some people have a timer esp if thats what they think they want or completely not what they want but thinks its what the other wants
    So three months is the limit if you don’t want marriage yet you think the other person might. Why not seven months? Or five?
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    - if they smoke inside (home or car), infrequently enough that they don't smell like smoked meat is ok
    - if they are racist, disrespectful or inconsiderate
    - if they want (more) kids
    - if they are a Mama's boy (with @justinewillcutyou distinction) - I'm currently trying to raise boys that will be men that love their mom, not men that are controlled by or dependent on their mom
    - if there is no chemistry and/or not a match sexually
    - if they aren't into ongoing learning/growing as a person
    - if they are more than 5 years younger than me or older than my dad
    - if they are into consumerism
  • DreamAmalfi
    DreamAmalfi Posts: 211 Member
    Not on the dating scene but no brsiners are smoking, inability or unwillingness to think critically, lack if insight or reflection, extreme views, lack of compassion etc. And no open mouthers....just to name a few.
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    If they're selfish in bed.
  • covetthycarbs

Not at all, but some people have a timer esp if thats what they think they want or completely not what they want but thinks its what the other wants
    So three months is the limit if you don’t want marriage yet you think the other person might. Why not seven months? Or five?

There is no “limit” im just merely quoting what was given to me

My point is, some people date because they are trying to find “the one”. Maybe thats why it didnt last because they realize he/she isnt so they stop persuing after x amount of months or vice versa so they move on to the next

Some people date because they just want to experience as much as possible before settling down. Maybe after x amount of months, they want to experience something new

Some people date not expecting anything serious out of it. When it gets serious they run because thats not what they want and probably intimidated since it gets too serious

There can be hundreds of reasons for why someone would leave or break up and it doesn’t necessary mean its something you did wrong. U know the phrase “ its me, not you?” , its a real thing. Some people just dont have their priorities straight when it comes to dating and they just dont know what they want

Edit* when i said timer i meant to get married, not the months to date

I got your point and I agree. I just thought you meant it was official that it was three months then marriage lol.
    I see now
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    If I were dating, I'd rule out anyone who mocks or belittles; anyone who sees things as strictly black and white without compassion; pessimists; dreamy-eyed optimists who never do anything to make their dreams happen; people who don't read books; addicts not in recovery...

I guess it's a long list and they're the kinds of things you can't figure out from a questionnaire or a single meeting.

But wouldn't it be cool if you could hand over a questionnaire before the dating? And then if things look good on paper, see if things work in person.....
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    LMNOP55 wrote: »
    Muffin tops

(like, if they eat the tops and leave me the stump)

Why do you think we would want to eat the stumps!!!

Especially if the tops have the big sugar crystals on top, I will leave you the stump every time.