What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• travelling_lots
    travelling_lots Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    acpgee wrote: »
    Hi,
    Any chance you can post the link to the watermelon, strawberry feta mint salad please. I cant gind it. This forum moves extreamly quick.
    Thank you

Cut up a quarter of a small seedless watermelon. Hull and halve a large handful of strawberries. Cube half a packet of feta on top. Scatter with a small handful of mint. Drizzle with some olive oil.

If you google watermelon, feta, mint you will get a lot of hits as this is a classic salad combination. We added strawberries that we had lying around the refrigerator. They were quite tart so we just drizzled on some olive oil instead of making vinaigrette.

Thank you,
    I’ll try with the strawberries too the salad looks amazing!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,622 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Any chance you can post the link to the watermelon, strawberry feta mint salad please. I cant gind it. This forum moves extreamly quick.
    Thank you

Cut up a quarter of a small seedless watermelon. Hull and halve a large handful of strawberries. Cube half a packet of feta on top. Scatter with a small handful of mint. Drizzle with some olive oil.

If you google watermelon, feta, mint you will get a lot of hits as this is a classic salad combination. We added strawberries that we had lying around the refrigerator. They were quite tart so we just drizzled on some olive oil instead of making vinaigrette.

Thank you,

It's a great dish to compliment a BBQ, because it is a salad that doesn't look worse for wear if it has been sitting around a while in a warm spot.
  • travelling_lots
    Options
    Hi,
    Thank you

Thank you,

It's a great dish to compliment a BBQ, because it is a salad that doesn't look worse for wear if it has been sitting around a while in a warm spot.

Very good idea.
    I made it today to take to a friend that’s sick she loved it. She said to tell you thanks since I told her receipe came from you.
    It’s a beautiful looking salad. I’m going to pay more attention to your posts from now on.
    Thanks again
  • travelling_lots
    Options
    My dinner was nice.
    Turkey meatballs in a red sauce with vodka.
  • ClaudiaDawn2
    ClaudiaDawn2 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Lettuce salad with smoked salmon - 200 calories
    n40wajzvhwm7.jpg
  • travelling_lots
    Options
    n40wajzvhwm7.jpg

Looks really good!
  • katphi1618
    katphi1618 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    n40wajzvhwm7.jpg

Yum! I just smoked a salmon last night. :-)
  • travelling_lots
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    n40wajzvhwm7.jpg

Looks good for sure, 200cal this is not, looking at whats in/on it.

Question!
    How important is calorie consumption if we are eating very healthy. Aboves meal would fill me up for hours. And if it tastes good I’d preferably have the same for dinner. I don’t see the unhealthy.
    Please explain Because I was going to make a meal like claidiadawn2 posted
  • katphi1618
    katphi1618 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Smoked some salmon and cabbage for dinner last night.
    yhoolu24htkv.jpg

The salmon is only flavored with wood smoke, the cabbage is sprinkled with balsamic and Worcestershire.

ribhaumwmwca.jpg

• acpgee
    Options
    Alistair Little’s Salade Nicoise recipe. BBC goodfood chocolate sorbet recipe.
    fuhyghcuhiz4.jpeg

gc1856kp06pm.jpeg

• travelling_lots
    Options
    Alistair Little’s Salade Nicoise recipe. BBC goodfood chocolate sorbet recipe.
    fuhyghcuhiz4.jpeg

gc1856kp06pm.jpeg

The ice cream looks good. Makes my strawberries very plain :-(
  • travelling_lots
    Options
    n40wajzvhwm7.jpg

Question!
    How important is calorie consumption if we are eating very healthy. Aboves meal would fill me up for hours. And if it tastes good I’d preferably have the same for dinner. I don’t see the unhealthy.

You want to lose weight? Eat below your calorie limit.
    You want gain weight? Eat above that.
    You want to maintain? Eat at that limit.

You want to live a healthy life? Balance nutrients / macros / calories.

Ok thanks
  • acpgee
    Options

The recipe took all of 5 minutes to make. You can simplify it. Just warm up the water, sugar and cacao in a sauce pan with a whisk. Then stir in the dark chocolate that has been grated in a food processor. I don't have an ice cream maker so froze it in a metal tray using the granita technique of taking it out every half hour to mash down the ice crystals with a fork. If that is too much trouble I am sure that just freezing it to a hard slush and then loosening it in a food processor or blender would work. Transfer to a sealable container and re-freeze. That serving was 55 grams so less than a 0.085 of the whole recipe, clocking in at 112 kcal if a 6th of the recipe is 221.

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/252618/chocolate-sorbet

• travelling_lots
    Options

The recipe took all of 5 minutes to make. You can simplify it. Just warm up the water, sugar and cacao in a sauce pan with a whisk. Then stir in the dark chocolate that has been grated in a food processor. I don't have an ice cream maker so froze it in a metal tray using the granita technique of taking it out every half hour to mash down the ice crystals with a fork. If that is too much trouble I am sure that just freezing it to a hard slush and then loosening it in a food processor or blender would work. Transfer to a sealable container and re-freeze. That serving was 55 grams so less than a 0.085 of the whole recipe, clocking in at 112 kcal if a 6th of the recipe is 221.

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/252618/chocolate-sorbet

Thank you so much. I have a bad sweet tooth. And had none for the past days and yet only dropped .5 lb.
    I’ll give it a try tomorrow
  • travelling_lots
    Options
    bbxdgqfxm7ud.jpeg
    Yesterdays left overs plus very simple organic strawberries for dessert.
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    Carbonara and a side salad:

emnfjw2j541w.jpeg
  • travelling_lots
    Options
    Ruatine wrote: »
    Carbonara and a side salad:

emnfjw2j541w.jpeg

I’ll give that a try with my gluten free noodles. Thanks
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    n40wajzvhwm7.jpg

Question!

“Healthy” doesn’t mean weight loss. Regardless of food item and how “heathy” it is, you can’t outrule thermodynamics and energy balance. Micronutrients don’t determine weight. Calories do
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Tried a new black bean burger recipe this evening. Batch after this one I made about 25% smaller, as the patties didn't have sufficient internal cohesion to flip (I think I pulsed the veggies in the food processor a few too many times and mushed them down too much). Served with garnishes, side salad and steamed broccoli.

mv0sz7b38msj.jpg
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    mjbnj0001 wrote: »
    Tried a new black bean burger recipe this evening. Batch after this one I made about 25% smaller, as the patties didn't have sufficient internal cohesion to flip (I think I pulsed the veggies in the food processor a few too many times and mushed them down too much). Served with garnishes, side salad and steamed broccoli.

mv0sz7b38msj.jpg

What did you use as a binder? Apart from it being too mushy?