Volume Eaters Thread

Options

Replies

• icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    icemom011 wrote: »
    What about the plant based protein, pea, hemp, soy? Any of that would work or it has to be whey?

Not sure, never used plant based. Try, what have you got to lose?
    All I know is that whey works good, casein works better, from what I have tried.

True, thank you very much, i will try.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    I've tried so many times to make the fluff and all I've ended up with is a pretty disgusting textured goop. I am thinking now it is my tools? I tried my Nutribullet (I accidentally bought the little one) and a stick blender and the texture both times was like lumpy snot. I have a hand mixer and a mini food processor also. I experiment then get stressed out about wasting the ingredients.
    The last time I tried to make protein fluff, it just turned into a smoothie. Still tasty, but not fluffy eat with a spoon texture. It was thick sip through a straw texture, lol. I used Simple Truth Vanilla Whey Protein Powder . And a magic bullet for my blender. I'm not sure if it was the blender, the powder or both, but it never "fluffed".

There is your problem. These are not powerfil blenders and before the ice is crushed they start melting it.
    Get a decent food processor for best results or a high powered blender like Vitamix.

That makes sense. I'll have to try my full size blender that I never use and see how that does. I'm not quite ready to invest in a Ninja, Vitamix or the like yet. It is on my want list, but I'm afraid to buy a 200$ dust collector, lol. I thought of crushing the ingredients in a blender, and then whipping it in the kitchen aid stand mixer. But it sounds like I may run into the same problem with the ice melting and it not fluffing?

Nope. That is not going to work. If you get that ninja, it will replace all the little cheap blenders you have in the house plus be your food processor. And they are not pricey. You can get one from Walmart for like $60. Look up, Ninja Master Prep pro.

Thanks! I'll look into those. The only ones I was seeing around town last time I looked were the 200$ ones. $60 is much more affordable.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    Homemade strawberry poppyseed salad 400 cals. My 6+ lb veggie protein salad for my first meal at almost 7pm. Exactly 400 cals and macros posted!
    Sooooo many ingredients/ high volume lol!!

jwd0uq1o7gf3.jpeg
    7acvctfdkpsz.png

I am impressed!! Haha what protein do you use? You could definitely win a 6lb salad challenge like they have for those 6lb burgers.

ct5acwi6frr8.jpeg

I’m the type of person that can put down 8-10 full plates of food at a buffet. I won’t an 7lb calzone challenge in 30 mins which is HEARTY so if there are doubts of me finishing a 6lb salad.....that’s child’s play lol

Holy *kitten*. Respect. Especially if thats you on your profile photo.

Lol yes the photo is me
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    What about the plant based protein, pea, hemp, soy? Any of that would work or it has to be whey?

Fluff does not work with vegan powder unless you add a ton of xantham, even then, it’s more slushy than fluffy. Edible, just not the same.
  • DebTavares
    DebTavares Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    For those of you eating the large salads, what do you dress them with?
  • mjrc2
    mjrc2 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm a volume eater too, anyone have any unique things they like to throw in their salads?
    DebTavares wrote: »
    For those of you eating the large salads, what do you dress them with?

I do a lot of raw garlic, EVOO and lemon juice, or just dry. There are lots of balsamic vinegar sprays that are nice too. I also make a tzatziki type dressing with garlic, Greek yogurt, grated and drained cucumber, and balsamic vinegar.
  • Sallyw2004
    Sallyw2004 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Well, I tried it the protien fluff! I busted out the blender I already had (oesterizer 10 speed). Might as well try the old one before buying a new one right? :sweat_smile:
    I Put my ingredients in the blender, and in a puff of smoke I had a Wendy's frosty like fluff. I also have a blender in the trash. :lol: Because it burnt up after not using it for a few years. Guess I have an excuse to buy a new one. :blush:

I had mediocre results with my fluff until I splurged and bought a Ninja blender a week ago. It came with a food processor,a spiralizer, and a smaller sized individual cup attachment in addition to a really nice sized and sturdy blender pitcher. It made all of the difference! I’ve been using it for amazing protein fluff, coffee concoctions (hot and cold), frozen drinks, and cauliflower rice so far.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Options
    Sallyw2004 wrote: »
    Well, I tried it the protien fluff! I busted out the blender I already had (oesterizer 10 speed). Might as well try the old one before buying a new one right? :sweat_smile:
    I Put my ingredients in the blender, and in a puff of smoke I had a Wendy's frosty like fluff. I also have a blender in the trash. :lol: Because it burnt up after not using it for a few years. Guess I have an excuse to buy a new one. :blush:

I had mediocre results with my fluff until I splurged and bought a Ninja blender a week ago. It came with a food processor,a spiralizer, and a smaller sized individual cup attachment in addition to a really nice sized and sturdy blender pitcher. It made all of the difference! I’ve been using it for amazing protein fluff, coffee concoctions (hot and cold), frozen drinks, and cauliflower rice so far.

Yeah that's probably what I'll go with. That or the one crazyavr mentioned. My magic bullet doesn't perform as well as it used to either.
  • Sallyw2004
    Sallyw2004 Posts: 124 Member
    Options

Which model did you get??

• MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I've tried so many times to make the fluff and all I've ended up with is a pretty disgusting textured goop. I am thinking now it is my tools? I tried my Nutribullet (I accidentally bought the little one) and a stick blender and the texture both times was like lumpy snot. I have a hand mixer and a mini food processor also. I experiment then get stressed out about wasting the ingredients.
    The last time I tried to make protein fluff, it just turned into a smoothie. Still tasty, but not fluffy eat with a spoon texture. It was thick sip through a straw texture, lol. I used Simple Truth Vanilla Whey Protein Powder . And a magic bullet for my blender. I'm not sure if it was the blender, the powder or both, but it never "fluffed".

There is your problem. These are not powerfil blenders and before the ice is crushed they start melting it.
    Get a decent food processor for best results or a high powered blender like Vitamix.

Ah, this might remain absent from my repertoire, in that case!

I will say I stripped back to the basics and tried to just thicken cashew milk with differing amounts of xanthan gum and never really got anywhere either. No effect and then immediately snot at 1/2-1 tsp per cup.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    My homemade high volume/ low cal cinnamon chocolate protein cake with blueberries and Greek yogurt

2b1abxy7gnv1.jpeg
    v3k205ugfoiq.jpeg
    ikpef7i8x9hc.jpeg
    poypegl0qca2.jpeg
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    @pinggolfer96, would you mind sharing your recipe? It looks good and I'm always looking for new treats to try!
  • Crafty_camper123
    Options
    If anyone is interested, as it pertains to fluff-making, smoothie making and the like:

I ended up with an Oster Pro 1200 with Smoothie Cup. They run around $60. And according to the review sites, they perform better and/or more reliably then the Ninja blender. I have not made fluff with this yet. But, I had the finsest textured green smoothie I've ever made before. No spinach bits, no ice chunks, no discernable bits of anything really. I haven't gotten around to fluff making just yet, but I think it will do the job. When in doubt, it pulverizes the ice so finely I can mix and pulverize and then whip it in the kitchen aid.
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    @pinggolfer96, would you mind sharing your recipe? It looks good and I'm always looking for new treats to try!

yes - please share thanks :)
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    z8972sp3gpra.jpeg
    I’m definitely loving my protein fluff! I had enough calories to add a broken up ice cream cone and my super fancy sprinkles

That. Looks. Awesome.
  • moogie_fit
    moogie_fit Posts: 279 Member
    Options

Hemp will not taste sweet
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Great, thanks! I just need to grab a can of pumpkin!