What things are you irrational about?

Options

Replies

• xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    When someone drives all the way up the line of a traffic jam and then tries to budge their way in. I will let them hit me before I let them in.

I like you. I hate when people just let them in. Jerks
    When someone drives all the way up the line of a traffic jam and then tries to budge their way in. I will let them hit me before I let them in.

Goodness! I’m with you on this one. I hate this with a passion. They are the ones making traffic worst.

Actually, it's been found that people who don't know how to properly merge, or allow those to merge in, are the ones that cause issues. It's like a zipper, two separate lanes merging seamlessly into one. In fact, they even put signs up that say to "use both lanes during backups". Why? Because it compacts cars into the smallest space possible, and shouldn't cause backups.

However, people continue to refuse to understand how "zippering" works and they're the ones who compound the traffic issues because of the BS "me first" mentality. These same people also hate roundabouts because they don't understand them.

Interesting how it’s the people who followed the sign stating that traffic was merging into one lane 3kms ago who are the “me first” people. And not the person who seen the same sign, drove up on the side of the road and figured I’ll cut in here. Someone will let them in, but it sure is hell is not going to me. Like I said there was a sign 3kms ago.

Letting someone merge in on the highway is completely different of course. As is people trying to get into traffic coming out of parking lots ect.

I'm with you. Merge when you're prompted to don't try to cut the line so to speak they are the ones hindering the zipper and causing the back up.

If the lanes go all the way to where you are forced to merge, then you're not "cutting the line" nor budging. If you feel that way, then you shouldn't be on the roads. Think of it like grocery shopping with two lanes open. Are you going to stand in the longest line or are you going to hop in the shorter line? You're going to go into the shorter line. Why? Because the lane exists. Does anyone get butthurt about it? Nope.

Now, apply the same mentality to driving. Two lanes forced to merge down to one. Are you going to be the one to get into the longer line, or do you go down the shorter until until the lane ends at which point you're forced to merge? Should be the same mentality. But, people sure as *kitten* get butthurt when someone legally drives down the short lane (as signage asks to do by using both lanes during backups).

So, who's the real culprit? Those who get butthurt and don't allow others who are legally doing what they're supposed to be doing. If you disagree, perhaps you should read this webpage.

Oh, wait. That's right. Both of you are Cannucks. Therefore, you should look at this website.

There's a ton of info on why zipper merging is safer. Doing a google search comes up with many hits, including this one from Ars Technica.

So, again, based upon factual information, who's the real culprit of slowing things down? Certainly not those of use who are driving in the open lane until were forced to merge. ;)
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options
    Washing hands upon arriving home, touching food, etc.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options

I like you. I hate when people just let them in. Jerks

Goodness! I’m with you on this one. I hate this with a passion. They are the ones making traffic worst.

Actually, it's been found that people who don't know how to properly merge, or allow those to merge in, are the ones that cause issues. It's like a zipper, two separate lanes merging seamlessly into one. In fact, they even put signs up that say to "use both lanes during backups". Why? Because it compacts cars into the smallest space possible, and shouldn't cause backups.

However, people continue to refuse to understand how "zippering" works and they're the ones who compound the traffic issues because of the BS "me first" mentality. These same people also hate roundabouts because they don't understand them.

Interesting how it’s the people who followed the sign stating that traffic was merging into one lane 3kms ago who are the “me first” people. And not the person who seen the same sign, drove up on the side of the road and figured I’ll cut in here. Someone will let them in, but it sure is hell is not going to me. Like I said there was a sign 3kms ago.

Letting someone merge in on the highway is completely different of course. As is people trying to get into traffic coming out of parking lots ect.

I'm with you. Merge when you're prompted to don't try to cut the line so to speak they are the ones hindering the zipper and causing the back up.

If the lanes go all the way to where you are forced to merge, then you're not "cutting the line" nor budging. If you feel that way, then you shouldn't be on the roads. Think of it like grocery shopping with two lanes open. Are you going to stand in the longest line or are you going to hop in the shorter line? You're going to go into the shorter line. Why? Because the lane exists. Does anyone get butthurt about it? Nope.

Now, apply the same mentality to driving. Two lanes forced to merge down to one. Are you going to be the one to get into the longer line, or do you go down the shorter until until the lane ends at which point you're forced to merge? Should be the same mentality. But, people sure as *kitten* get butthurt when someone legally drives down the short lane (as signage asks to do by using both lanes during backups).

So, who's the real culprit? Those who get butthurt and don't allow others who are legally doing what they're supposed to be doing. If you disagree, perhaps you should read this webpage.

Oh, wait. That's right. Both of you are Cannucks. Therefore, you should look at this website.

There's a ton of info on why zipper merging is safer. Doing a google search comes up with many hits, including this one from Ars Technica.

So, again, based upon factual information, who's the real culprit of slowing things down? Certainly not those of use who are driving in the open lane until were forced to merge. ;)

Tl:Dr
  • CttyMoar
    CttyMoar Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    The sound of styrofoam squeaking together! The woooorst!!!
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    The buzzing noise flies make drives me insane
  • flyzippio
    flyzippio Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Loud chewers
  • mojo4717
    mojo4717 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    People spying on me :#
    It’s just creepy as f....
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options
    shaf238 wrote: »

You are having issues with flies today!? Lol.
  • St4rFire
    St4rFire Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Eating/chewing sounds with an open mouth, gum smacking, people breathing too close to me, people breathing, people... we're really just germs on Earth's skin.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Pen clickers.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    It irks me when people with allergies or a cold sniff a lot or clear their throats every 30 seconds. Go to the bathroom and blow!
  • amwbox
    amwbox Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    People who talk or use phones in movie theaters. I hope they all die. Slowly. It's not hard to understand...same rules as the men's room: Eyes forward, mouth shut.
  • mojo4717
    mojo4717 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    mojo4717 wrote: »
    People spying on me :#
    It’s just creepy as f....

Noted.

Haha not you! 😂
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    Here in Alabama, they do what I call the "Alabama turn" - bring your car to a complete stop and then turn the steering as slow as possible, holding up traffic. People that are supposed to be working, but the minute their phone pings, they have to look at it no matter what they are supposed to be doing. I wonder who they think is texting them - a crisis coordinator looking for direction? Finally, people that move extremely slow - like any movement is overwhelming for them. I don't think I could move as slow as them, ever.
  • shaf238
    Options
    shaf238 wrote: »

You are having issues with flies today!? Lol.
    Yes. Every day. Damn maybe I need to shower...
  • shaf238
    Options
    People who don’t listen and you’re constantly having to repeat yourself.
    Sorry, what?