8/1/18 2.65 miles
    8/2/18 3.1 miles
    8/3/18 3.1 miles
    8/4/18 10 miles
    8/5/18 2.7 miles

8/6/18 blood draw
    8/7/18 3.9 miles

Total 25.45 /100-115

Woo! Quarter of the way to my monthly goal. Where you at my 100 milers?

Sharing a photo if what I deal with every morning at 415ish. I miss my week in Chicago when I could sleep in until 6 and run later in the morning.

Holy buckets! Is that Arizona? I thought the drier states were supposed to cool off at night?

That would be Phoenix! Nope, summer overnight lows are lucky if dip below 90. And we have a monsoon brewing so we will only have a high of like 105 but humidity will be about 70%. (It was 35% this morning). Only good thing about going out so early is the glowing ball of doom isn't up yet so it's not TOO bad.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    never too late. welcome @USCBMOM22
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »

here here! :D
  • USCBMOM22
    USCBMOM22 Posts: 31 Member
    Options

here here! :D

Thank you!
  • LaDispute57
    LaDispute57 Posts: 371 Member
    Options

Good idea - go for a run while the baby naps (husband works from home so baby’s not alone)
    Nobody here would have judged you if you had left off that parenthetical phrase. Running before kids. And if they are sleeping, that's just a bonus.
    And by trail I mean paved and level schuykill ricer trail, not some silly running through the forest over branches and twigs.
    You mean this kind of silly running? Girl, you are missing out....

xe890a351w71.jpg

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options

You mean this kind of silly running? Girl, you are missing out....

xe890a351w71.jpg

speed demon would love that trail
  • LaDispute57
    LaDispute57 Posts: 371 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I guess she figured you could change your route or something. Or if you were armed you could ready your weapons... or maybe channel chi or something. :lol:

Well... I guess I would have to opt for chi channeling... too stupid to change my route and too smart to challenge a bear to a knife fight.

Maybe tomorrow morning I should just carry some snacks to toss to him to keep him distracted long enough for me to pass by...

I don't think we have any such thing as animal control out here... unless you count Wayne the Poacher.
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    sarahthes wrote: »
    (Yukon Trail Marathon had 2 grizzlies charge the lead runners this year! Eek!

Oh my goodness - this is exactly why my husband gives me the stink eye everytime I talk about hiking in Alaska or Glacier Nat'l Park. He is convinced he'll be eaten by a bear.

Lots of chatter about pepper spray - mine is on an elastic strap that I put on my wrist. No female runner should be without something to protect herself. I used to carry bear spray on my bike but it wasn't easily accessible and it's not like I can tell some pervert "hang on and give me a second so i can unstrap this really bulky bear spray before you grab me." I bought the pepper spray at an REI and they kept reminding me to NOT "test" it in the store. Apparently someone had done just that one day, they had to shut down the store, clean all the ducts, and dump some merchandise. I've heard the stuff can stop a charging grizzly. Hopefully I will NEVER have to put that to test.

Past two days I thought "yay - temps are 74 - I'm running outside" - and then couldn't figure out why I was a disgusting sweaty pit - hmmm....could be the 73 degree dewpoint. So even when temps aren't terrible, that humidity kills me every time.

@rheddmobile - thanks for the tip on the oranges - hadn't thought of that!

@shanaber - hmm....oatmeal is a great idea but I'll have to check the carbs. I'm trying to limit my carbs and although it helps with weight loss, I can't say I'm a fan when it comes to providing enough fuel for running.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    sarahthes wrote: »
    (Yukon Trail Marathon had 2 grizzlies charge the lead runners this year! Eek!

Oh my goodness - this is exactly why my husband gives me the stink eye everytime I talk about hiking in Alaska or Glacier Nat'l Park. He is convinced he'll be eaten by a bear.

Lots of chatter about pepper spray - mine is on an elastic strap that I put on my wrist. No female runner should be without something to protect herself. I used to carry bear spray on my bike but it wasn't easily accessible and it's not like I can tell some pervert "hang on and give me a second so i can unstrap this really bulky bear spray before you grab me." I bought the pepper spray at an REI and they kept reminding me to NOT "test" it in the store. Apparently someone had done just that one day, they had to shut down the store, clean all the ducts, and dump some merchandise. I've heard the stuff can stop a charging grizzly. Hopefully I will NEVER have to put that to test.

Past two days I thought "yay - temps are 74 - I'm running outside" - and then couldn't figure out why I was a disgusting sweaty pit - hmmm....could be the 73 degree dewpoint. So even when temps aren't terrible, that humidity kills me every time.

@rheddmobile - thanks for the tip on the oranges - hadn't thought of that!

@shanaber - hmm....oatmeal is a great idea but I'll have to check the carbs. I'm trying to limit my carbs and although it helps with weight loss, I can't say I'm a fan when it comes to providing enough fuel for running.

I didn’t realize bears were so particular about the gender of their victims. ;)

For real though, do what you need to do to stay and feel safe. For me, that means watching out for idiots in cars (and bikes to a lesser extent). I don’t need a weapon for that other than my brain and reflective clothing. I am grateful that there are no other statistically significant dangers to runners of any gender where I live.
  • hayleymace90
    hayleymace90 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I think the only wildlife I have to content with in England/ where I live is foxes :D
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    8/1 rest
    8/2 9miles
    8/3 4.22miles
    8/4 13.1miles
    8/5 rest
    8/6 8.5miles
    8/7 4miles (treadmill)

Decided to chill a bit this morning instead of running. Then decided to grocery shop... ultimate procrastination 🙂

By the time we got home I decided to run on the treadmill to avoid the heat and sun. 4 miles wasn’t too bad and much cooler than 85 degrees and the sun beating down!

3/18/2018 Shamrock half marathon
    3/24/2018 Don't Sit on Colon Cancer 5K
    5/28/2018 Run to Remember 5K
    10/7/2018 Crawlin Crab half marathon
    10/13/2018 Joggin for Frogmen 5K
    11/18/2018 Norfolk Harbor half marathon
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,441 Member
    Options

Woo! Quarter of the way to my monthly goal. Where you at my 100 milers?

Hey @RunsOnEspresso I'll see your 25 miles, and raise you 7 ;)
    But seriously, way to go! We are right on track! 1/4 of the way there, and more than 3 weeks left in August.