He's/She's Just Not That Into You

Replies

• pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    edited August 2018
    I seriously don’t get the height thing. Some of the funniest cool men I know are short.

Kind eyes and smile
    How you hold yourself at public functions
    How you know how to make me feel safe when I don’t
    And a nice *kitten* don’t hurt
  • CttyMoar
    CttyMoar Posts: 64 Member
    CttyMoar wrote: »
    I like to think I am ridiculously funny, but I have a fairly dry and sarcastic sense of humor. If someone doesn't get my jokes, I am instantly turned off. That could just mean I need to work on my material. 😅

Oh we could totally be besties.

Can’t give you my heart though.

I'll take what I can get!
  • 2Racks
    2Racks Posts: 3,677 Member
    Does height really matter, just curious I’m 5’8, but I feel I might be missing out on some potential matches.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    2Racks wrote: »
    Does height really matter, just curious I’m 5’8, but I feel I might be missing out on some potential matches.

Nope! Apparently we are perfect couple height. Who else would you ever need? :tongue:
  • beachgal0626
    beachgal0626 Posts: 1,912 Member

In my opinion, height does not matter -- but some folks are very specific and particular about this. And yes, they could be missing out on meeting some spectacular people!
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member

It matters to some women (I presume you mean in this context) but not to others.

If we are talking in general I would say women prefer to date men who are taller than them. It's not particularly rational but then attraction is about dem feelz rather than logic.
  • beachgal0626
    beachgal0626 Posts: 1,912 Member
    bojack5 wrote: »
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    lililomo wrote: »
    if a man had all the qualities you liked, but he was shorter than you - you'd turn him down?
    i dated men shorter than me, but i'll admit my husband is 6'3" :D

Yes I would turn him down. I am 5 feet. I dont want to date a midget. My kids have to have a chance in life. I only date men 6 feet and taller.

I am 5'10".....there are a million reasons a woman wont date me.....height has rarely if ever been the issue.

Surely, that can't be true! ;)
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    I can't say I've ever been attracted to a really short (like 5ft or under for example) man but at the same time if I see things in a person I like, I wouldn't go oh, good looking, smart, funny, carry crap only 5'8 nope, pass!

I think you're attracted to what you're attracted to initionally, but if you're even attracted I wouldn't then go oh he's cute, but short. Pass.

Plus I think things about people, when you get to know them, you find more attractive.
  • SandSeaSkySoul
    SandSeaSkySoul Posts: 212 Member
    edited August 2018
    msf74 wrote: »

It matters to some women (I presume you mean in this context) but not to others.

If we are talking in general I would say women prefer to date men who are taller than them. It's not particularly rational but then attraction is about dem feelz rather than logic.

It's irrational today because we don't have to rely upon men, to be tall & strong, like prior to other equipment being available! However men to this day still prefer women, with wide hips because it was a belief that you had to've that figure, to carry a child healthily to full term & also not die, during childbirth but current medical intervention, makes much of this nonsensical!

Although as Albert Einstein theorized, that he didn't know what World War 3'd be fought with, his belief was that World War 4'll be fought with sticks & stones because the technology that we'll have to use, to fight it with'll obliterate everything! So we'll plausibly revert, to those primitive times again!
  • bojack5
    bojack5 Posts: 2,859 Member
    bojack5 wrote: »
    if a man had all the qualities you liked, but he was shorter than you - you'd turn him down?

Yes I would turn him down. I am 5 feet. I dont want to date a midget. My kids have to have a chance in life. I only date men 6 feet and taller.

I am 5'10".....there are a million reasons a woman wont date me.....height has rarely if ever been the issue.

Surely, that can't be true! ;)

Well....maybe not literally........;)
  • SandSeaSkySoul
    SandSeaSkySoul Posts: 212 Member
    I am 5' 3", I've found that men above 6' 2" believe that I'm too tall & men under 5' 10" believe that I am too short! The shortest man that I've taken an interest within was 5' 7" & the tallest 6' 2"!
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    I dreamed about drowning in an ocean made out of orange soda last night.

It took me a while to work out it was just a Fanta sea...

If they dont shake their head in disbelief but also chuckle at the same time

I lol'd.
  • george5911
    george5911 Posts: 3,910 Member
    I dreamed about drowning in an ocean made out of orange soda last night.

It took me a while to work out it was just a Fanta sea...

If they dont shake thier head in disbelief but also chuckle at the same time

I did both
  • 2Racks
    2Racks Posts: 3,677 Member

Nope! Apparently we are perfect couple height. Who else would you ever need? :tongue:

😊

• tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    erickirb wrote: »

Chance in life for what? I am well under 6ft. have a great career, two healthy kids, am a good athlete and still participate in sport at almost 40 years of age, and upstage many of the taller and younger folks.

Preference is one thing, you like taller, but yours isn't a preference it is a must. I prefer fit women but will date women of many sizes/body shape even if not my preferred body type.

ersxbxrahnnl.gif
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,860 Member
    I only rut with gigantesses.