Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    becky3695 wrote: »
    Confession: It is a great thing that I am not a postal worker today!!!
    I keep hearing whispers "Rebekah is listening to hateful music..."

What music is that exactly? And if I play it, will people stay away from me?

It was the Rob Zombie station on Amazon Music. I think Five Finger Death Punch was on when the comments were made. :D:D:D

Noted for future use.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Confession: It is a great thing that I am not a postal worker today!!!
    I keep hearing whispers "Rebekah is listening to hateful music..."

What music is that exactly? And if I play it, will people stay away from me?

It was the Rob Zombie station on Amazon Music. I think Five Finger Death Punch was on when the comments were made. :D:D:D

I love FFDP. I play it on my Pandora at work all the time.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    I took the kids to breastfeeding group so I could rant about Ellie still (at 8.5 months old) feeding every two hours in the night and refusing most food in the day. I am knackered! Nobody could give me any magical solutions but I feel better for venting, and realised it's pretty common too.

I just feel like I'm putting so much on hold until sleep is better and she can manage without me for a little bit. I've still not been anywhere on my own so no swimming or exercise classes can happen, and I've still not made real efforts to lose those last 15 pounds asI don't drink tea or coffee, chocolate is what gets me through. I'm not ready to give it up!!

It's going to get better, Spam. I feel for you and I wish I could be more help, but it is going to pass.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Platelet donation didn't go well yesterday. (I moved and so did the needle.) I am ever so grateful to be left-handed
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Platelet donation didn't go well yesterday. (I moved and so did the needle.) I am ever so grateful to be left-handed

Yikes. :o
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    So the donor tech told me the bruising would get worse before it got better. She wasn't kidding. It doesn't hurt as much today though..
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    So the donor tech told me the bruising would get worse before it got better. She wasn't kidding. It doesn't hurt as much today though..

Holy smokes! That’s crazy!!!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

Holy smokes! That’s crazy!!!

I know! I wore long sleeves to church today so that I wouldn't scare my preschoolers. (or their parents). I swear it doesn't hurt that bad. I keep taking the pictures so that I have the progression in case I spike a fever or have any other signs of infection, but I am not having pain today, not even when I picked up a 37 pound five year old.
    I went to the hot yoga studio's one year anniversary class yesterday and was able to do everything except a good down dog and holding chataranga. The stretch for down dog hurt and my bicep was not having holding me 2-3 inches off the mat. I will take it this weekend.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I used my yoga card last night for a restorative hot yoga class. Next time, I need to do two things: take a towel to put on my mat in addition to the one for wiping my face and get there earlier. I accomplished my mission though. I think I have all of the fluid out of my arm and into my bruises. I wore a purple shirt today so that I match.
    ;-p

ETA: Hot for restorative class is 105 F. The other hot classes I have been to were 95-98. I sweat until my mat was wet.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    I used my yoga card last night for a restorative hot yoga class. Next time, I need to do two things: take a towel to put on my mat in addition to the one for wiping my face and get there earlier. I accomplished my mission though. I think I have all of the fluid out of my arm and into my bruises. I wore a purple shirt today so that I match.
    ;-p

ETA: Hot for restorative class is 105 F. The other hot classes I have been to were 95-98. I sweat until my mat was wet.

Nice work! I am not a hot yoga fan. I just can't handle it. Love regular yoga though.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    ;-p

Nice work! I am not a hot yoga fan. I just can't handle it. Love regular yoga though.

In the past have gone to hot yoga when I accidentally eat gluten because sweating it out is better than the alternative. This time, I went hoping to sweat the rest of the extra fluid out of my biceps and forearm. It seems to have worked and there was someone from my church there, so I wasn't in a room full of strangers.
    I definitely wouldn't do hot yoga every class, but sometimes it is just the ticket.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    I hope your arm feels better soon Mel. I bust a vein once giving blood, it was not a pretty sight! Looked very dramatic but didn't actually hurt all that much thankfully.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    I hope your arm feels better soon Mel. I bust a vein once giving blood, it was not a pretty sight! Looked very dramatic but didn't actually hurt all that much thankfully.

Thanks, Spam. I appreciate it. I was in a lot of pain on Thursday and Friday l, but none to speak of on the weekend and it is only sore now if I forget and bang into something..
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    I am going to see if it is possible to work all day with no shoes on
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    I am going to see if it is possible to work all day with no shoes on

Try walking barefoot on bare earth and see how you feel. I saw a thing on 'grounding' yourself the other day and I am curious about it. I will have to try it myself.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    The testimonial video I did for my trainer/gym.

"There's not any bro-science woo." <3 LOVE. IT.