Power 90...Who's With Me?

Options

Replies

• paulamma1
    paulamma1 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    huskeymom, fanTAStic photos!!! Wow, your progress is amazing!!!
  • nicolet04
    Options
    hi everyone!! so i started p90 a couple weeks ago and i only did it a couple times cause i found it very boring....so today i am starting p90x!!! i am a little intimidated but i am excited!!! i am hoping i will be able to lose weight with it along with toning cause i still have 20-30 lbs to lose!! i will post when im done to tell everyone how it goes!!
  • thury
    thury Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Well I know it has been a while and definately looks like I have missed a lot. I see Paula has moved on to the "X" Congrats Ill get there eventually I just need the pushups to start getting easier.

HuskeyMom wow them pictures are awesome congrats on the work so far.

Tena still working hard and keping everyone going, glad to see. And Yes I am still pushing play everyday pretty proud to say I have not missed a day yet. Yeah some days are not as aggressive as others but its getting done. The eating has been going good for the most part I was away for 3 days at some meetings and got together with the group I don't see very often. I can say I ate pretty decent and within boundaries but the beer consumption was out of control. Yeah and p90 hangover edition sucks pretty bad also. I was pretty glad it was sculpt day at the hotel would of hated being a few floors up and jumping around.

Well Feb. 5th was 1 month into my diet and I was down 18 pounds. I don't see too much difference but im getting compliments which makes it that much easier to keep on going. I have not had time to take the measurements yet but I am pretty excited too.
  • huskeymom
    Options
    Thanks guys on my pics.. I guess I should explain that the first two of the bikini shots are from Jan 14th and then the next two are from today... I really dont see much improvement in the toning but I do see a bit of improvement in the belly and love handles. I thought I could see more toning in my arms in the mirror but the pics dont show that. I took my meassurements but I am sure they are not accurate since I did them on my own. so Jenn will have to see me on the weekend to measure me. Then I will know for sure if I lost some inches at all.

Thury - that is great you have lost 18lbs in a month.. wow and a big congrats Have you taken pics of yourself.. I am sure you will see a difference if you keep a pic journal like I am. When i was losing alot of body fat, the transformation was amazing in my pics.

Nicole - Welcome to the P90X group. I hope your muscles will be screaming with delight.

Paula - I really dont know about Toni and his looks. I see he is slightly different from P90 to P90X but remember how long of a time frame it is from one video set to the other and then add on that he is alot bigger I think too. But man to look like that at his age is amazing.

And then there is Tena who looks fabulous as well at her age. I wish I would have kept up my sports and working out in highschool so I never go the position I am now.. but the main thing is that I am actively trying to improve myself so the fat will never come back to my body agian.
  • thury
    thury Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    SO I have a question; since a bunch of you moved from Power 90 to P90X. When should a person feel comfortable making that transition? I do own the P90X and have not yet looked at the videos I just new I needed to start before that leap? How much more difficult is it ? Like I have mentioned before in the power 90 the pushups are my only downfall other then that I am extremely comfortable with everything else.
  • huskeymom
    Options
    I moved to p90X when the p90 cardio just wasnt enough for me and i found I was wanting to do the p90 twice just to feel like a workout. and the pushups trust me dont worry about them, I just do them on my knees and get a great workout still. it will take a while before you get good at those.

if you find you need more cardio them try to do the cardio on p90x every so often to get a feel of them and if you are comfortabel doing them, then go right ahead. THe muscle toning ones you just do what you can and dont worry if you can not keep up. I struggle on a lot of the workouts but I am increasing my weights. it is really up to you, if you think you are ready then try it out.
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I can't do all of the push-ups, either, but I do as many as I can, and then switch to girl-style push-ups... My upper body strength has improved, but I'm still not able to do all of them off of my knees. I'd say to try it, but Tena would have the best info...:drinker:
  • paulamma1
    Options
    Come on over Thury!!! P90X all the way.
  • tenaarnett
    tenaarnett Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Resa, you are so funny! I fully agree with what everyone is saying. Honey, I started on P90X.. There was no P90 for me... I just did pushups on my knees for about 2 or 3 months. Once I started building up my arm strength, I switched to toes. Now I do all but the one handed and clap pushups on my toes. You CAN do it....

Tena
  • MissResa
    Options
    Tena-You'd make a bunch of guys I know cry... They are military men, and you make them look like a bunch of weenies!!!:laugh: Keep on goin' with your bad self-I love reading about how far you've come!
  • nicolet04
    Options
    so i just finished day 1 of my p90x journey!!! i did core synergistics today and i feel great! some of the things were a little hard but i did the best that i could. i am so excited for tomorrow and im very excited to see my results!!
  • MissResa
    Options
    I love core synergistics!!! Banana rolls and superman to banana are hilarious-my dog thinks I'm trying to play... I can't do Dreya Rolls to save my life, though!!! I always seem to get myself stuck, like I can't generate enough momentum to move my tushy off of the floor!!!:sad: Beware, though... I didn't feel like I did a whole lot throughout the first day, but the next morning I was so sore it hurt to laugh-that workout really kicks your butt!!
  • tenaarnett
    Options
    Hey Everyone! Just finished my first Chalean workout! I did Burn Circuit 1 and Ab Burner and it was AMAZING! My arms were burning so bad with how slow and concentrated the moves were, not to mention my back. But it was a good burn! My muscles are literally tingling now! I LOVED IT!!! Tomorrow I have Burn Intervals and when I watched it yesterday, it looks harder than Tony's Intervals workout on P90X+!

Well, gotta finish my Recovery Drink and hit the shower...

Tena
  • tenaarnett
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone! I slept really good last night. I am really tight and my arms, back and shoulders are pretty sore but it is a good sore where I know I had a good workout last night!

April (daughter) is having surgery in 3 wks. They are burning off part of her cervix. April said the cancer is called "leeks". Not sure how it is spelled but it is not the kind that spreads throughout the body. She had to have pelvic exams every 6 months after it is done. She is still having the breast enhancement surgery next Thursday. That is what is delaying the pelvic surgery. She is nuts... She is not worried at all. But she is strong. I think she acts like she is not scared but is. We stayed on the phone an hour last night just talking... I let her talk and I just listened. Brett (fiancee') is still in Florida. On the breast surgery, afterwards, the limitations are wild. No sex for 1 month! No jarring movement or bending, stooping or lifting above the head. She has to sleep for 10 days propped up... No exercise or weight lifting for 30 days. That is definitely not anything I am interested in...

Well, gotta get to work... I hope everyone has a great day and excellent workout!

Tena
  • tenaarnett
    Options
    Resa: You made me laugh about the miltary men. Did I tell you that my hubby is retired Army. He did 20 yrs in the Army and is retired. I know how tough it is to be an Army Wife!!! I think it is one of the toughest jobs there is! I have so much respect for you as I know what you go through... Funny on the banana/spiderman! That is so funny about your dog! My dogs jump me at the end of yoga when you do the ommmm's.. Hang in there on the dreya rolls. I could barely do them at the first and now I can whip out 16-18 of them...

Nicole: Way to go on Core! Be prepared to be sore... Great job though! You are on your way.

Tena
  • paulamma1
    Options
    Morning all,

Got my *kitten* out of bed at 6am to do my first go at Yoga X. I didn't have the greatest nights sleep as I think I was worried about sleeping in and missing the workout.

I managed to almost get through Warrior Pose 3, I think that's all the 'vinyasa' moves, about 45-50 minutes worth.

MAN what a workout. My shoulders and hips were screaming at me. I love when you go from plank to downward facing dog and Tony says, "Do your pushup if you want." Eh, NO, I don't want. Jaysus!

Just my first week but loving P90X.

Thanks for the update on your daughter Tena. Thinking of you and her.

Man, I still need to take my before pictures and take my measurements. :grumble:

Have a wonderful day all, press play, do your best and forget the rest. Eat clean. (Aren't I just FULL of words of encouragement this morning!! :wink:
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Tena: Thank you so much for keeping us up to date with April.

Paula: Thanks for the laugh this morning! Way to go on your P90X workouts, you are doing awesome!

Next Sat is my last day of P90!! I can't believe it's already done but glad too, just doing 2 videos for 90 days is boring. I do with I would have had better results but Jan was pretty much a write off with the CO poisioning.

I am not sure what workout Im going to do next either P90 Master Series or P90X. I don't have much room in my basement and no where to do pull ups or hang a band from so I will have to see.

When I add sculpt to my exercise it says I burn 444 calories well with my HRM today I burned 290 calories, wow what a diff! Now that I know how many calories Im burning I can lose weight better!

Well have an awesome workout today everyone!
    Jenn
  • paulamma1
    Options
    Yahoo, just received my Polar F6! Free overnight delivery. I ordered this thing yesterday!!

Now on to tomorrow's workout. Legs and Back and abs at lunch time.
  • nicolet04
    Options
    i just finished my 2nd day!! i did cardio X! the beginning was a little slow but the ending was awesome!!! i wonder if i will ever be able to do the dreya roll?? i was wondering how you guys like the yoga part of it all?? i really dont like it cause it hurts my wrists sooooo bad.....any suggestions??

well im off to clean the house...hope u all have a fantastic day!!
  • tenaarnett
    Options
    Hey Everyone! Sorry I am late posting! I had a TOTALLY AWESOME workout with CE's Burn Intervals. I pushed myself and used 8 lb weights. I was able to keep up with Chalene on most moves except those burpee's! Those are tough! I did have to stop about 5 times to catch my breath though! My heartrate was soaring and went up to 173! I have not gotten my heartrate up that high in a few months! It was really a booty kicking excellent workout! I LOVED IT!!! When I finished, my whole body was quivering and shaking and I could barely walk! My muscles are tight now and it is a struggle just to type. But, it is such an AWESOME feeling! I love the feel of sore muscles!!!

Nicolet: Way to go on Day 2! Don't worry about the wrist part... I was the same way when I first started but with all the weight workouts in P90X, they will get strong. Mine sure have and now I have no problems with the yoga. Just hang in there and do your best...

Jenn: Like I said on my thread, you really should move into P90 Master Series first and build yourself up more. But if you want to try the X, go for it. Just do your best and don't be upset with pausing the dvd as you will get better each time!

Paula: Way to go on your Yoga workout! That is brutal and SUPER LONG!! I am glad you had a great workout though!!! I am so glad you are enjoying the X. :wink:

Jen: I forgot to tell you that I did look at your pics and you look AMAZING! Your hard work is showing! I am so proud of you! Keep up the good work!

Thury: Where are you my friend???

Well, I hope everyone has a wonderful evening and excellent nights sleep...

Tena