Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    becky3695 wrote: »
    I am going to see if it is possible to work all day with no shoes on

Try walking barefoot on bare earth and see how you feel. I saw a thing on 'grounding' yourself the other day and I am curious about it. I will have to try it myself.

Today, it would make me feel wet, LeeAnn, and knowing my luck, I would fall to boot. I have been watching it rain out my window for most of my work day so far. Wet would be preferable to going shoeless at work though. Hospitals and doctors offices have too sharp objects around for that.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    I'm terrible for wandering about barefoot. Drives my husband nuts!
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    1:30 PM EST - still barefooted!!!
  • Beka3695
    Options

Try walking barefoot on bare earth and see how you feel. I saw a thing on 'grounding' yourself the other day and I am curious about it. I will have to try it myself.

I just took OFFICE DOG for a walk... The sod in the office complex felt so wonderful on my feet!!! I will re-shoe when I leave at 430
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

I just took OFFICE DOG for a walk... The sod in the office complex felt so wonderful on my feet!!! I will re-shoe when I leave at 430

You have a better office than I do.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options

Today, it would make me feel wet, LeeAnn, and knowing my luck, I would fall to boot. I have been watching it rain out my window for most of my work day so far. Wet would be preferable to going shoeless at work though. Hospitals and doctors offices have too sharp objects around for that.

Nope, have worked in too many medical facilities to even think about taking shoes off and walking barefoot there. Only outside.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

Where do you work? I wish I could bring a dog to work. If I could I would have a dog! I'd get to spend some time with him or her...
  • Oberon21
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    I'm terrible for wandering about barefoot. Drives my husband nuts!

I spend a lot of time barefoot. As soon as I'm home the shoes come off.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    In other news, I bought the yoga classes and to my pleasant surprise, I have a year to use them instead of 6 months.

I need to start doing Yoga. I'm so stiff and my left hip is killing me lately, where I fell on it 2 years ago when Jaques reared. I think stretching would really help.
  • Oberon21
    edited August 2018
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    I took the kids to breastfeeding group so I could rant about Ellie still (at 8.5 months old) feeding every two hours in the night and refusing most food in the day. I am knackered! Nobody could give me any magical solutions but I feel better for venting, and realised it's pretty common too.

I just feel like I'm putting so much on hold until sleep is better and she can manage without me for a little bit. I've still not been anywhere on my own so no swimming or exercise classes can happen, and I've still not made real efforts to lose those last 15 pounds asI don't drink tea or coffee, chocolate is what gets me through. I'm not ready to give it up!!

This sounds rough Spam. I would be going out of my mind too.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I ate what I logged and logged what I ate yesterday. I stayed out of the Cherrific Cheesecake ice cream in my freezer. I did extra cardio. Day 1 of doing things right. Only 73 to go!

Yesterday was my reset day too. I have 3 marathons to get ready for and I doubt fit in any of my clothes any more. What happened to me????
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Confession: Hubby has also been losing weight and basically half-*kitten* IF, creates most of his deficit through exercise, and basically wings it. Things have slowed so he wants to get in on my meal prep action to create some diet consistency and more predictable weight loss. Fine by me, so I just doubled-ish what I make for myself this week, but made sure it was more food he likes than just stuff I like. So two days in a row he totally left his lunch at home and I'm super grumpy because it took me a lot longer to do meal prep this week and he's basically wasting my hard work. *sigh* He can make his own damn lunch.

This would irritate me too.
    I have a similar issue with my son. One week I will make a certain amount of stuff and he eats half of it leaving me short. So the next week I make extra and he doesnt eat at home all week and stuff gets thrown out...I cannot win!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Grumpy seems to be going around today.

Plate in the Bathroom Girl was in there washing a knife a few minutes ago. I bit my tongue to keep from telling her how gross I find that. I was actually mad at an insurance rep and I didn't want to take out on her.

can you send an anonymous note? Type written and slipped into her top desk drawer?

"We know you eat in the bathroom... We are watching you.... MUAHAHAHAHA"

LOL!

I wonder why she feels the need to clean the utensils in the bathroom too? Isn't there a community break room with a sink?

Just read that Mel addressed this.

Actually there are three community break rooms on my floor. She is simply not willing to walk that far for the sake of hygiene.

But if she has an office, why not just eat in there? This is so weird.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Kullerva wrote: »
    I am a hot mess. Throw darts at me and you will hit both literal and figurative scar tissue.

My dad didn't believe in things like hospitals and physical therapy for injuries, so by the time I got actual medical help I was:

(1) an adult,
    (2) obese, on the edge of morbidly obese,
    (3) malnourished (somehow),
    (3) infertile,
    (4) suicidally and perpetually depressed, and
    (5) half-crippled from a triple-twist (plus neck hump, plus neck vertebrae aligned *backwards*, somehow) in my spinal column.

Fortunately, my mom recognized #4 for the ticking time bomb it was and got me a therapist as a teenager. But it was the last one that did me in. Otherwise I might have just kept going like I was going. I have no idea where I'd be now if that happened.

By the time I realized there was something terrible wrong with my spine, I'd already lost 2/3 of the weight I needed to lose by sheer effort of will and exercising until near-unconsciousness. (Don't do that, by the way. The therapist and I have had words over this and what does and doesn't constitute anorexia.) And by "realized there was something wrong with my spine," I mean, "in so much pain at 25 that I could only take distances 10 steps at a time before sitting down."

It's been four years since then. I've lost a lot of weight and I'm not obese anymore, or malnourished (turns out my childhood diet of meat, cheese and little else wasn't good for me--who knew?), or even infertile--I got into a good OBGYN and an orthopedist who messes with my hips now and then. When I was nine, my abdomen (stomach, uterus, cervix, ovaries) was one long interconnected line of scar tissue. (It hurt. All the time. Also, it bled out a lot.) My stomach got better once I started eating better; the scarring's getting better with hormones and exercises (and other, nastier treatments, but hey...results). The hump came out of my neck last week, and my neck's going the right way again, so I only have---er---three other curves to tackle. *sigh* I walk, but I can't run. I can do karate twice a week, though, so it's getting better. It just feels so damn slow.

I sometimes daydream about having parents who'd actually take their child with broken bones to the hospital and physical therapy and whatnot, but that was not my life. (I didn't realize it at the time, but mom was as bad off as I was--she broke her neck(!) and my dad didn't even take her in.) I'm glad I don't talk to my dad or his family anymore.

I have an incredibly long way to go. Days like today feel like a death march. But hey, here's me. Marching.

Being Canadian, I must ask. Assuming you are American, was this an insurance/money issue that prevented medical care?
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    So the donor tech told me the bruising would get worse before it got better. She wasn't kidding. It doesn't hurt as much today though..

:o
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Grumpy seems to be going around today.

Plate in the Bathroom Girl was in there washing a knife a few minutes ago. I bit my tongue to keep from telling her how gross I find that. I was actually mad at an insurance rep and I didn't want to take out on her.

can you send an anonymous note? Type written and slipped into her top desk drawer?

"We know you eat in the bathroom... We are watching you.... MUAHAHAHAHA"

LOL!

I wonder why she feels the need to clean the utensils in the bathroom too? Isn't there a community break room with a sink?

Just read that Mel addressed this.

Actually there are three community break rooms on my floor. She is simply not willing to walk that far for the sake of hygiene.

But if she has an office, why not just eat in there? This is so weird.

I think she eats in her office then brings the dishes to the bathroom to wash. And it makes me NUTS!!!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    So the donor tech told me the bruising would get worse before it got better. She wasn't kidding. It doesn't hurt as much today though..

:o

It's still bruised now. But it looks tons better.
  • Beka3695
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »

Where do you work? I wish I could bring a dog to work. If I could I would have a dog! I'd get to spend some time with him or her...

I am an insurance agent. Our agency is small and we are extremely family oriented. The agency owner brings her 4 month old a couple days a week. Office dog is the BABY of another agent. She is the most CHILL dog!! She will just lay in her bed most days. She is so well behaved that I don't even leash her when we go to the mail box.

My dog can't come. He is too protective and barks too much when clients come in. I have tried :(

Our clients LOVE office dog - aka Harley Quinn. I can't wait for
    her to come in today... I bought her a new shirt over the weekend... I guess I'm office grandma :D:D:D
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Wow. So this weekend was completely out of control. :noway:

Our new air conditioner is supposed to be installed today. Hopefully once that stress is over, I can get back on track.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »

I am an insurance agent. Our agency is small and we are extremely family oriented. The agency owner brings her 4 month old a couple days a week. Office dog is the BABY of another agent. She is the most CHILL dog!! She will just lay in her bed most days. She is so well behaved that I don't even leash her when we go to the mail box.

My dog can't come. He is too protective and barks too much when clients come in. I have tried :(

Our clients LOVE office dog - aka Harley Quinn. I can't wait for
    her to come in today... I bought her a new shirt over the weekend... I guess I'm office grandma :D:D:D

My old job involved a couple of elderly Pekingese dogs. They were such mad, weird little things. They belonged to the boss and part of the interview involved checking the dogs liked me!

One would scrape her face along walls, leaving a 3 inch high gross smear along the skirting boards. They had funny little personalities but I wouldn't want one to keep!