Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I absolutely must get myself together. I have not logged food for at least a week and I have not cared. I know dinner will be crap tonight because I am going to a 5pm meeting and will be there until at least 7. I am moving Tamara back to school on Saturday so I am planning to keep exercising and then reset my good on Sunday.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    I absolutely must get myself together. I have not logged food for at least a week and I have not cared. I know dinner will be crap tonight because I am going to a 5pm meeting and will be there until at least 7. I am moving Tamara back to school on Saturday so I am planning to keep exercising and then reset my good on Sunday.

You've got this, Mel. Control what you can, eat at maintenance until then and give yourself a fresh start.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options

This has been my summer. I have a Drs apt this PM and I really dread for him to point out that I have gained 10+ lbs since MAY!!!

I just cannot get my $#!+ together!!!
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options
    Vinegar cucumbers are one of my very favorite summer foods. So yum. (Guess what I packed in my lunch today. :D )

uhhhh… Arent't they Gherkins/Pickles? I thought they were pickled [mini]cucumbers?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Vinegar cucumbers are one of my very favorite summer foods. So yum. (Guess what I packed in my lunch today. :D )

uhhhh… Arent't they Gherkins/Pickles? I thought they were pickled [mini]cucumbers?

Kinda, but not really. Just peel and slice cucumbers and put them in half water/half vinegar over night. Actual pickles have dill, etc, added. There's a different taste.
  • FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I still can't do a pull up...
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    I'm terrible for wandering about barefoot. Drives my husband nuts!

Ditto. If my feet are hot/cold, I'm hot/cold. During the heatwave I was in my socks at work, shoes were too hot and I don't posses sandals. It's easy to do when you sit behind a desk 90% of the time.
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    becky3695 wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    becky3695 wrote: »
    I am going to see if it is possible to work all day with no shoes on

Try walking barefoot on bare earth and see how you feel. I saw a thing on 'grounding' yourself the other day and I am curious about it. I will have to try it myself.

I just took OFFICE DOG for a walk... The sod in the office complex felt so wonderful on my feet!!! I will re-shoe when I leave at 430

I'm so jealous of this.
  • Lois_1989
    Options

Kinda, but not really. Just peel and slice cucumbers and put them in half water/half vinegar over night. Actual pickles have dill, etc, added. There's a different taste.

Oh ok, just different juices. Interesting.
  • Lois_1989
    edited August 2018
    Options
    FL_Hiker wrote: »
    I still can't do a pull up...

I don't think I will ever be able to....

Edit - Bad grammer
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Apparently, I am going to be responsible for 3.5 employees, not including myself starting next week. (The half is a cashier who posts payments for our occupational medicine clinics.) I didn't ask to be the team coordinator. I don't want to be the team coordinator. Therefore, after venting to my husband, I walked into my managers office and said, "if Cindy's going to make me responsible for 3.5 other people, she's going to have to give me a raise."

In other news, the Joint Commission is gone and we passed! Their accreditation team leader said, "Without hesitation, I would bring anyone on my family here.". I will take that from them any day.

I want to give you a hug for the first bit - because I wouldn't want to be responsible for 3.5 people either. But good for you saying you want a raise, and damn right you should!

And I want to give the thumbs up for the Joint Commission pass! And the fact they said they would bring there family there is fantastic! Well done you! <3

Joint Commission is a very definite hospital wide effort and I am glad to see them out the door. They made like 4 suggestions for improvement, but nothing major. Last year, they closed the Outpatient Surgery Center of a hospital in KY (they have fixed their issues and so shall remain nameless) and we ended up fitting several of their patients into our surgery schedule. I never thought we wouldn't pass, but you never know what issues they may be looking for so we are feeling blessed that we didn't get any actual dings, just these are new ideas that you may want to try. (And some of those were about disaster protocols that hospitals have seen work or not in Nice and London, so thanks to my European friends and I am sorry you've had to learn by experience.)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    My dad had to do Joint Commission. He worked at the local hospital for 39 years. It was always full-on drama. I felt bad for him (and you)!
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    Apparently, I am going to be responsible for 3.5 employees, not including myself starting next week. (The half is a cashier who posts payments for our occupational medicine clinics.) I didn't ask to be the team coordinator. I don't want to be the team coordinator. Therefore, after venting to my husband, I walked into my managers office and said, "if Cindy's going to make me responsible for 3.5 other people, she's going to have to give me a raise."

In other news, the Joint Commission is gone and we passed! Their accreditation team leader said, "Without hesitation, I would bring anyone on my family here.". I will take that from them any day.

I want to give you a hug for the first bit - because I wouldn't want to be responsible for 3.5 people either. But good for you saying you want a raise, and damn right you should!

And I want to give the thumbs up for the Joint Commission pass! And the fact they said they would bring there family there is fantastic! Well done you! <3

Joint Commission is a very definite hospital wide effort and I am glad to see them out the door. They made like 4 suggestions for improvement, but nothing major. Last year, they closed the Outpatient Surgery Center of a hospital in KY (they have fixed their issues and so shall remain nameless) and we ended up fitting several of their patients into our surgery schedule. I never thought we wouldn't pass, but you never know what issues they may be looking for so we are feeling blessed that we didn't get any actual dings, just these are new ideas that you may want to try. (And some of those were about disaster protocols that hospitals have seen work or not in Nice and London, so thanks to my European friends and I am sorry you've had to learn by experience.)

Somebody has to unfortunately...
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Geeze! This thing is still going?! :flushed:

But of course :D

We cannot just let it die!