What are some things you would never spend your calories on?

1235»

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,589 Member
    ZoneFive wrote: »
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    And good craft beer. Right now, - for serious - I'm drinking 20 oz (roughly 400 cal) of amazing tiramisu (coffee/chocolate) stout. Worth every tasty calorie.

Tiramisu. Stout. I swoon. We had a small Eye Opener coffee/chocolate stout in Kalamazoo yesterday. 250 calories well earned and spent.
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Finding a way to enjoy life in good health is the magic.

This one goes in the journal.

Kalamazoo? Tiramisu stout: East Lansing. Ellison. Yum. Usually, but not always, available (check the web site). Detroit Frankie's Pizza truck will be there on Th-Fr-Sa evenings for a while - useful info if it's within driving distance for you. ;)
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Drinks sweetened with sugar
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,033 Member
    edited August 2018
    @debrakgoogins you would pick mikes over modern? Modern every time for me... Napoleon (my fav), cannoli, lobster tail, hostess cupcake copycat, Whoopi pie... lol...I want to go there now. I splurged there for my bday a couple months ago. After pumpkin tortellini at giacomos.. such a yummy night.

Honestly, I’ve never tried Modern. I’ll try it next time I’m in Boston!

• Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    I refuse to spend my calories on anything that is extremely healthy.

But..... but...... Some extremely healthy food is yummy, for me at least. There is no way I'd eat food I didn't like just because it was healthy though.
  • lks802
    lks802 Posts: 65 Member
    Beer. But I hate beer ;)

If I really want it, I will spend calories on it, and just balance out either through activities or later food choice.
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    GrumpyHeadmistress Posts: 666 Member
    Alcohol. Peanut butter. Full sugar pop (soda). Cheese.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,073 Member
    1) Anything.. As I'm eating it.. And if not loving it.. then into the garbage it goes.

2) ding dongs, Twinkies, or any donut 95% of the time is not worth it

I do not care about ding dong or twinkies, but donuts are so worth it. I only have one or two maybe once a month, but so worth it
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    I've decided today to quit buying things I think are "healthier" and just eat what I want but less of it like I was doing when I first started MFP and was actually losing! For instance I would indulge in a mid morning donut with black coffee nearly everyday,I've replaced that donut with a mid morning gross tasting protein bar and I don't get satisfied and eat more of other things throughout the day and here I am gaining a bit,grrr,also gonna go back to black coffee cuz creamer adds too many cals and I can't find one I'm totally in love with anyways
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Hmm, pretty much everything I really like is worth the calories. Things I *would* eat if they were available but aren't worth the calories:
    - potato chips
    - juices made from concentrate
    - non-chocolate candy
    - sugary sodas (I prefer diet ones)
    - stale french fries
    - any peanut product
    - salad dressings
    - any kind of potato or pasta salad
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited August 2018
    Found something I like that I wouldn't spend calories on.

Coffee drinks. They just don't feel like they're worth it. I like a small number of them, but I like the other things that I do for the calories more. It helps that I've always liked my coffee black. Weirdly enough, I can see myself spending 500 calories on a milkshake on occasion, but I can't see myself spending the same number of calories for a coffee drink even on occasion. This may have to do with the fact that a milkshake is not substitutable but coffee is coffee and black is just fine.
  • Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 978 Member
    - Ricecakes or similar, so it may be only 21kcals for one, but if I eat 5 of them that still 100 and I'm still not satisfied from all that air
    - Salad dressing, salt and pepper are good enough for me
    - "lighter" alternatives to crisps, normally not that much lighter, and nowhere near as satisfying
    - most sweets
    - fizzy drinks with sugar, because I like the diet ones just as much, sometimes better
  • sorchaedwards1991
    sorchaedwards1991 Posts: 19 Member
    Sugary cereals i.e most cereals. Not filling and high in sugar/calories for such a minute portion.
    Also hate drinking any sort of calories (apart from alcohol occasionally). You should drink to quench thirst not for taste.
  • Mosstradamuz
    Mosstradamuz Posts: 357 Member
    Wasabi or soy sauce. . . I don't want to be a soy boy.
  • msmith404040
    msmith404040 Posts: 84 Member
    Pretty much any drink. I don't drink my calories :) I like to eat them. And I love water, thank goodness.
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    mosspm123 wrote: »
    Wasabi or soy sauce. . . I don't want to be a soy boy.

What's a 'soy boy'?
  • dirtswife
    dirtswife Posts: 6 Member
    I agree with so many who said they don't like to drink their calories. Fruit juice and soda are two things I can live without. I drink two cups of coffee in the morning with half and half. I just have to have half and half for some reason - it makes me happy. I log it and love it.
  • funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Cheap prepackaged lunchmeat....ewwwww