New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    These are awesome from TJ’s.
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    88x2re4bv6od.png

I had one of these in chocolate the other day. Pretty good. 7/10. Kind of reminiscent of a brownie. Good texture.

I can't wait till 4pm so I can get mine !

I stopped at every gnc I drove by today, lol, some gave me two, and my mom grabbed 4... thanks for the heads up

kgutvdd47y3w.jpeg

lmfao ! i think i may stop 2 hoping the manager at my local one is their he always gives me free stuff since i'm always in their maybe he will give me 2
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    josette06 wrote: »
    hgycta wrote: »
    Also, has anyone heard of Dragon Breath? It's like nitrogen infused cereal puffs... I was at Union Station today in Washington DC and there was a stand on the bottom floor with the food court selling them. A cup was $7 (only one size, no samples) and I wanted to try it but
    A. Couldn't find it in the database to log
    B. I read some articles online about it being really dangerous to ingest... it can explode your stomach and burn your skin?
    What are everyone's thoughts on this? haha

I have heard that if you have asthma to avoid dragon's breath because it can cause a severe asthma attack in those with even mild asthma.
    It can cause skin burns because it is liquid nitrogen (dry ice), so if you touch it with your skin, you will be burned. You're supposed to wait a few minutes until you actually eat it. Other than that, I think for the most part, you'll be fine.

Liquid nitrogen is not dry ice, they are completely different things. Dry ice is frozen carbon dioxide. Liquid nitrogen is...well...liquid nitrogen. Liquid nitrogen is MUCH colder than dry ice. The difference in temperature between liquid nitrogen and dry ice is equivalent to the temperature difference between frozen water and boiling water....it is that much colder. The only way I could see it causing an asthma attack is if cold air causes asthma attacks...which it very well might, but I think people are being over-dramatic about the "dangers". The "danger" of liquid nitrogen is that it is cold, in the same way that the "danger" of boiling water is that it is hot. A cup of liquid nitrogen isn't any more dangerous than say a cup of hot coffee. Yeah if you freaking inhale it it is going to hurt you but just realize it is very cold (or very hot in the coffee example) and just be careful. If anything it is safer than hot coffee due to the leidenfrost effect making it so spilling it on yourself isn't actually that bad.
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    I almost forgot about the Sinfit promo until I checked this board again. You guys are great! I chose the Birthday Cake flavor. It was super delicious -- sweet and vanilla-y, but not necessarily a birthday cake flavor. The only thing that really put me off was the calorie count -- 310 for such a small cookie?! Granted, it's dense and really good, but that's a little more than I wanna spend on a snack. It was nice to try, though (and hey, it was free).

Here's one thing I'm getting addicted to lately: those cheap bottles of sparkling water. It really hits the spot and there's a lot of flavors to choose from so I don't get bored. Fulfills the need for a soda just fine (although you can pry Diet Coke out of my cold, dead hands). 7-11's brand of sparkling water is really good. I tried the Cran Raspberry and Peach Mango, and I like the latter a hair more.
  • vnb_208
    Options
    So I went to my local store and they actually ran out of cookies I was told they're only allowed to give out 12 free cookies he said in 2 more weeks which I'm really bummed.
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    @skelterhelter, they let you pick the flavor? It was only for the birthday cake one. If there was any picking here I would’ve tried all the flavors. LOL

@vnb_208 that’s a bummer. I thought that might happen. Couple of stores I went to didn’t even know about it I had to tell them. At the last one it was a young kid, totally clueless, and wouldn’t do more than one because those were the rules. Are they doing another one in two weeks? You should have the manager of your store hold one or two for you since you’re very loyal customer. I’m surprised he didn’t give you one anyway
  • vnb_208
    edited August 2018
    Options
    @skelterhelter, they let you pick the flavor? It was only for the birthday cake one. If there was any picking here I would’ve tried all the flavors. LOL

@vnb_208 that’s a bummer. I thought that might happen. Couple of stores I went to didn’t even know about it I had to tell them. At the last one it was a young kid, totally clueless, and wouldn’t do more than one because those were the rules. Are they doing another one in two weeks? You should have the manager of your store hold one or two for you since you’re very loyal customer. I’m surprised he didn’t give you one anyway

He said there doing another one in about 2 weeks.
    I'm suprised to because he always seems to give me sample items and they are also able to give out 3+ bang drinks free monthly since they hold a special contract with bang. He usually gives me a drink or a free GNC bar but I guess since it was not a gnc product / product not contracted with them he didnt feel comfortable.
  • vnb_208
    Options
    For those who shop at Walmart, keep your eyes peeled for this cheesy ham & potato bake and do yourself a favor — buy it. It is AMAZING. Their store brand cornbread crust chili is another favorite in my house, but this one, dare I say it, is even better. Super cheesy, creamy, and salty (so beware for those who hate salty things)! I didn’t have much time so I microwaved it and it still turned out fantastic. Easy 10/10. We all fought for the last remaining portion!!!
    jmxja8cns297.jpeg
    iun8g527o2q1.jpeg

You didnt see a turkey bake by chance lol
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    ocucnzc9cz6j.jpg

The Berry Crumble actually sounds good haha
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    ocucnzc9cz6j.jpg

I actually got picked to get a party pack of the cereals to host a “cereal party”. I’ll let you guys know how they are haha.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    88x2re4bv6od.png

I had one of these in chocolate the other day. Pretty good. 7/10. Kind of reminiscent of a brownie. Good texture.

I stopped at every gnc I drove by today, lol, some gave me two, and my mom grabbed 4... thanks for the heads up

kgutvdd47y3w.jpeg

Wow score! I wish I had time to go today but I did tell some friends who got so ty so much for heads up.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    ocucnzc9cz6j.jpg

Nothing really that new or exciting though :/ Those flavors are pretty typical cereal flavors, if they want to speak to the kid inside me they need to do a cotton candy flavor cereal! Why has that never been done, again? ;P
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited August 2018
    Options
    ocucnzc9cz6j.jpg

Nothing really that new or exciting though :/ Those flavors are pretty typical cereal flavors, if they want to speak to the kid inside me they need to do a cotton candy flavor cereal! Why has that never been done, again? ;P

Omg that is genius idea. Why is cotton candy flavored cereal not a thing!? I could see a rice krispy texture cereal or puffed balls working well for it.

I wish they’d bring back the cotton candy Oreos because I never got to try them.
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    thynes1313 wrote: »
    Where in the store were they located? They are right up my alley so I'd love to try them!

I found them in the vegetable department near the prepackaged vegetables and salads.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    For national left hander's day Oreo is releasing a special Oreo cookie package that has its flap on the left side. You can order it for $3 (which is the cost of shipping).
    I did it just for the sake of doing it. But figured I'd share in case anyone else wanted some! Pretty good deal for when you're too lazy to go to the store ;)

https://apfco.com/secure/W1765/

That's hilarious (I'm left handed).
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    88x2re4bv6od.png

kgutvdd47y3w.jpeg

Wow score! I wish I had time to go today but I did tell some friends who got so ty so much for heads up.

But do they TASTE good? That's the question haha :p
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    88x2re4bv6od.png

I really liked the Peanut Butter flavor.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    88x2re4bv6od.png

kgutvdd47y3w.jpeg

But do they TASTE good? That's the question haha :p

I tried all of them (didn't have a chance to go to GNC today because I wasn't about to leave work early while getting overtime) and yeah, they actually all taste really good! The trick is, unlike every other protein cookie out there, you can't microwave these without ruining their texture -- go figure.
    My Ranking:
    1 (Best): Birthday Cake
    2: Chocolate
    3: Peanut Butter