20 lbs in 20 weeks!

Replies

• jazzypdx
    jazzypdx Posts: 178 Member
    Wednesday /week 4 check-in. A bit of over indulging but a fun busy weekend. The weather here in Portland is unusually summer like and hot which isn't helping me get out on my evening walks. Midnight walk Monday and it was still 78 out. Just got to motivate myself to move it, hot or not. Doing well with calories overall but sugar not so much - fresh fruit is healthy and adds fiber so... Over it.

(Start 7/1 @ 187)
    7/18 184.5
    7/25 183.5
    8/1 183.2
    8/8. 182.8

Have a great week everyone!
  • agduffy4
    agduffy4 Posts: 30 Member
    agduffy4 wrote: »
    pandabear_ wrote: »
    Hello! Would love to join too!

I have been writing my masters thesis for the past year and let my weight get way ahead of me. I was usually always around 150 and wanting to get to 125, but just had the shock this morning of finding out stress of thesis has led me to get up to 170 lbs. So I would love to join and be held accountable.

My goals are:

-start with one run once a week
    -start with one gym class once a week
    -keep to logging 1200 calories/day

I also gained a considerable amount of weight when writing my thesis! I used to comfortably fluctuate in the 150s and now I find myself stuck in the 165-175 range. After defending I was the heaviest I have been at about 182. I moved on to a PhD so I didn't exactly alleviate this stress and have been struggling to get back down to a comfortable weight for my build (lower 150s is probably OK but 145 would be ideal).

Height: 5'7
    Weight:
    July 18 - 167.2 lbs

My goals for the rest of July are:
    - 100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 jumping jacks daily
    - Walk/jog 10 miles/week (I have an 8 month puppy, so we can't run/jog the whole time but I have started mixing in some jogging on our walks)
    - Additional work out (YouTube boxing or "at home workout" video) 3x/week
    - Log food in MyFitnessPal daily!
    - Lose 3 lbs

I haven't check in for a while...but I haven't completely fallen off the wagon! My update is below.

Weight:
    August 8 - 163.4 lbs...-3.8 lbs since my last post three weeks ago!

Reflections on July goals:
    - 100 push-ups daily, 100 sit-ups daily...sometimes 100 jumping jacks ;). Doing the repetitive 100 push-ups daily really messed up my elbow though (even with modifications), so I will probably put that on hold for August and do more whole-body and core workouts. I have a wedding coming up in January so I can't completely neglect the arms, but losing overall body fat and giving my elbow a rest for a month should still help me work towards looking good for the big day!...also I had already started this journey 5 months before getting engaged, so the wedding isn't the end goal here.
    - I didn't keep track of my walk/job miles, but I would say I consistently went on a 2-3 mile walk/job with the puppy 3 times a week
    - Did a Youtube workout video at least 4 times a week (my friend and I are working through a 21 day fitness challenge on PopSugar Fitness)
    - I did poorly at logging my food. That will remain a goal for this month!
    - I lost 3 lbs woooooo!

August goals:
    - Log my food in MyFitnessPal daily
    - Finish the 21 day PopSugar Fitness Youtube challenge WITHOUT SKIPPING DAYS! (I only have a few days left)
    - Start a new 30-day workout series and stick to the schedule!
    - Eat breakfast daily :)
  • agduffy4
    pandabear_ wrote: »
    Hi again everyone!

Just checking in - it’s been a good week so far: met the 1200 goal, been for a run and also went to zumba class yesterday. Hopefully the weekend goes ok - going to a street food event tonight, so will have to be careful not to indulge.

I say indulge away, you're doing awesome and you deserve it! Hope you had a good time.
  • metubal
    metubal Posts: 290 Member
    F/47/5'2.5"

All time high: 192.2 on 3/2/18
    SW: 7/17 173.5
    Challenge goal: 153.5
    Ultimate goal: 130

Week 1: 7/24 170.6
    Week 2: 7/31 167.2
    Week 3: 8/7 165.3
  • GorditoTerronillo
    GorditoTerronillo Posts: 20 Member
    edited August 2018
    Starting weight for challenge: 269lbs
    Goal Weight: 220lbs
    —————————
    July 19: 266.6 lbs
    July 26: 264.6 lbs
    Aug 2: 259.6 lbs
    Aug 9: 258 lbs (had tons of bad choices this past long weekend so I’m still very proud of myself for losing anything this week lol!)

Goal for challenge: -30lbs
    Loss so far in challenge: 11lbs
    Loss overall: 11lbs
    ———————————

Good job everyone! Keep it up! 👊🏼
  • nathalieforrest
    nathalieforrest Posts: 11 Member
    Will be posting every Friday for my weekly weigh ins
    Challenge SW:270
    Challenge goal: 240
    Aug 10/week 1: 263.5
    Aug 17/week 2:

• MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Your goals are similar to mine. I am 5’2” 141 lbs. I am on day 6 of my new diet. I am watching my Macros. I am shooting for 100+ grams of protein, less than 100 grams carbs and then leftover calories are fat, roughly 50 grams but it depends on the day. Taking control of what I can really helps my stress. I meal prepped for the weekend to stick to my plan. I am night shift so my food schedule is pretty weird... I really try not to eat during the day unless I am unbearably hungry
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,875 Member
    Hi, I’d like to join, too. I have lost 62.9 lbs since Jan, 2016. (~40 lbs in the past 10 months.) 5’8.5”

I hit my High End Normal BMI weight recently, but I can see that I need to lose more: probably at least 10 lbs.

My goal is to lose 1-2 lbs per month, gradually easing into maintenance (and further cementing my new habits) & giving my skin a chance to adjust a bit.

Tentative Plan:
    SW for Challenge:
    July 21: 165.4 BMI: 24.8

July 28 164.6 BMI: 24.7
    Aug 6 164.0 BMI: 24.6
    Aug 13 162.0 BMI: 24.3 -66.3lbs

1st Mini-Goal 163.4 BMI 24.5 Aug 18✅ Aug 11
    2nd Mini-Goal: 161.4 BMI: 24.2 Sep 15
    3rd Mini-Goal: 159.4 BMI: 23.9 Oct 13
    4th Mini-Goal: 157.4 BMI: 23.6 Nov 10
    Challenge Goal GW: 155.4 BMI: 23.3 Dec 8

Ultimate Goal: 155 BMI: 23.2 by Jan 1, 2019
    (3 years) Wt Loss: -73.3lbs BMI drop: 11
  • JHaggard089
    JHaggard089 Posts: 9 Member
    Weekly check-in: Tuesday, 08/14/18-136 lbs. I only lost one pound this week but I will still count it as a victory considering I treated myself earlier this week when my husband and I went out to dinner to celebrate our 4 year wedding anniversary. 😊
  • agduffy4
    agduffy4 wrote: »
    Height: 5'7
    Weight:
    July 18 - 167.2 lbs
    August 8 - 163.4 lbs...-3.8 lbs since my last post three weeks ago!

August goals:
    - Log my food in MyFitnessPal daily
    - Finish the 21 day PopSugar Fitness Youtube challenge WITHOUT SKIPPING DAYS! (I only have a few days left)
    - Start a new 30-day workout series and stick to the schedule!
    - Eat breakfast daily :)

August 15 - 161.6 lbs ... -1.8 lbs since my last post :)

I have been doing super at logging foods into MyFitnessPal...and have been mostly staying under my caloric goals ;). I have also eaten breakfast (even if it's light and on the go) daily. Does anyone else actually get hungry earlier if they eat breakfast?

As for my workouts...not doing so well :/. Still haven't finished the last few days of the 21 day challenge (which has now turned into the 30+ day challenge). I have been more active, but not really at a elevated heart-rate, get the blood pumping, work out type active. I am not going to beat myself up to much though...one positive change at a time. I still deserve a pat on the back since I really feel like I have gotten my diet back in check.

• agduffy4
    edited August 2018
    Weekly check-in: Tuesday, 08/14/18-136 lbs. I only lost one pound this week but I will still count it as a victory considering I treated myself earlier this week when my husband and I went out to dinner to celebrate our 4 year wedding anniversary. 😊

Happy Anniversary!
  • tiabirdie56
    tiabirdie56 Posts: 3,941 Member
    edited August 2018
    My name is Tish
    5'7.5"
    USW: 253
    CW: 188.2
    ChGW: 165

•Monday Updates•

Wk 1: 7/30 - 188.2

Wk 2: 8/6 - 186.2. - Very pleased to see a two pound drop instead of my expected one pound gain of fluid on a Monday.

Wk 3: 8/13 - 185.6 - Forgot to post! Retaining a lot of fluid.

• jazzypdx
    Good work everyone! Choice by choice we move forward towards our goals, good days and bad days but forward we go. It has been a bit of a crazy week for me. Concert Thursday (Hall & Oats + Train) was great, finished the night at a local jam and got some dancing in. Friday unexpected visitor from out of town - my niece and her two teenagers made for some great memories but horrible food choices, tastey but...I forgiven myself already. We had to go shopping because I had plenty of produce but - no "food" is how my grand niece put it. They went home yesterday and I toted cereal, cookies, chips, bread, lunchmeat and half eaten boxes of crackers to the dumpster this morning. Cheese (Tillamook pepper jack) and ice cream I just couldn't bear to part with - yikes. I did get some exercise in - took them to the local amusment park (Oaks Park) for rides, roller skating - snow cones and cotton candy be damned! Day 2 - Waterfront park was fun, lots of walking - and the elephant ears were delicious. So it goes. Back to the basic plan...hopefully.
    Moral of the story - enjoy each day, each moment and do the best you can.

F/57/5'6"
    Start 7/1 @187
    Challenge start 7/18 @184.5
    8/15 @182
  • Redjedi1
    Redjedi1 Posts: 2 Member
    Hello, I fully support you all and if you want to request me as a friend on here, you are welcome to as well. I have found myself turning 39 in 4 days and am now the heaviest I have ever been in my life. I commute by bike to work every day, but I work in a restaurant. Since starting there, i have found that I have gained at least 8 - 10 pounds in the last year and am certainly not happy with that. Binge eating and stress eating are what does it for me. so, lets see what we can do
  • metubal
    metubal Posts: 290 Member
    F/47/5'2.5"

Week 4: 8/15 168.3!! What's going on??
  • pandabear_
    pandabear_ Posts: 487 Member
    metubal wrote: »
    F/47/5'2.5"

Week 4: 8/15 168.3!! What's going on??

A bit like me - I am also up and down. Was at 166 yesterday, today weighed in at 168. I am using an app called Happy Scale also because it evens out your weight because of scale fluctuations.

• jazzypdx
    Daily fluctuations in general are quite frustrating but that is just part of the incredible machine known as the human body. Generally a swing of appox 2 lbs in a 24 hour period is normal (+water, beverages, food consumed - urine and bm expelled) especially if your system is not "regular". Last week after a really hot day and sweating like a dog while working out in the garden - I immediately changed into dry clothes and weighed myself before drinking any water to re-hydrate, I was down almost 2lb from my morning weight and instantly back up a pound after a 16oz glass of water. And so it goes.
    Best practice - try to weigh at same time of day and try to get your system running smooth & regular. I weigh-in in morning (after +coffee and -BM) but before breakfast.