New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    I was at Fresh Thyme today and this lady (she was about 25-30?) literally had 10 pints of the PB chocolate Enlightened in her cart. I should have introduced myself bc she 100% follows this thread. :D

LOL!

My record at Grocery Outlet was 30.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    @melissa6771 once I get these right, you will be my new best friend.

What brand/type of protein powder did you use? I seem to remember some people having better luck with casein powder vs. whey?

~Lyssa
  • strongerbytheday
    strongerbytheday Posts: 116 Member
    Thank you @melissa6771 !!
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,797 Member
    @macgurlnet I use optimum nutrition chocolate whey that I buy at Costco, works fine for me

I gave the brownies their own thread. You can save it this way. Please let me know how you like them. I love them! I eat them heated up sometimes with lite chocolate syrup, light Cool Whip and some semi sweet chocolate chips. Or nuts. Depends on my mood and how much calories I have left. You could also heat it and put some enlightened ice cream on top to make it even more protein. LOL

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10689114/low-cal-high-protein-brownies/p1?new=1

e419vilmtrmn.jpeg

Thank you so much. So glad it doesn't have weird ingredients
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited August 2018
    @hgycta

I’m sure someone has already posted these but for the life of me I cannot go anywhere and see anything cotton candy without thinking of you now

ckxcrv21b1z3.jpeg

Also, I have been working on a brownie recipe that I saw, altering it a little bit. This last batch I made came out amazing! 1/6 of an 8 x 8 pan has these macros… Over 16 g of protein and they are delicious and very easy to make. I know this is a product thread but I don’t know if any of you might want the recipe. I know there’s some chocoholics on here. If you split them into only four pieces which is quite large they’re under 200 cal and almost 25 g of protein each. You really cannot beat that

q2fba3q9kj89.png

I

In this picture the small one Is 1/6 and the two big ones are 1/4

n37qv3maj3fy.jpeg

Omg those look fantastic ! Please post recipe! Are they black bean ? I think this thread can also extend to mean new products we have made ourselves lol.

I think those hostess have been posted a bunch of times and every time the person referenced @hgycta lol too funny

Haha yeah they have, but I don’t mind! But it does kind of bite me in the butt a bit because I’m a sucker for twinkies and cotton candy... and yes, those taste amazing. I’d prefer the cotton candy flavor a little stronger but they’re super sweet and satisfying! The problem is I can’t only eat one!
    Low CAL/high protein brownie recipe

3/4 cup 0% fage Greek yogurt
    One egg
    1/4 cup of premier chocolate protein shake ( can use almond milk, skim milk, whatever you like here)
    1/2 cup of unsweetened applesauce, I just use one of the small containers
    1 teaspoon of vanilla
    25 g chocolate protein powder
    1/2 cup Kodiak pancake and waffle mix
    1/4 cup each sugar and Splenda
    1/2 cup cocoa
    Pinch of kosher salt

So, like... I could totally use that new international delight Oreo iced coffee for the liquid part of this, then? That’s totally what I got out of that... o:

Also, @Noreenmarie1234 look what came in the mail yesterday!!!! I’m hoping I’ll be able to try one later today, as long as it doesn’t melt in my purse because I’ll be outside at a sunflower festival all day!
    vbbzph4jjx4q.jpeg
  • arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member
    Kalex1975 wrote: »
    I picked up a Redcon1 blueberry cobbler MRE bar from my local Vitamin Shoppe... haven't seen them before.

I thought it was very tasty, had a nice coating and a little crunch. It contains sucralose, malitol (among others) and has that aftertaste similar to a Quest bar. So, if you aren't into them you probably won't like this. I'd give it a 7 out of 10 and will be trying other flavors in the future.

Has anyone else tried it or one of the other flavors?

3jsv39dk165o.jpg

0g2w039y7zee.jpg

enip9s5x59x3.jpg

I just got some too, and I had the peanut butter one. I really liked it as well. I didn't taste any aftertaste on this one, and I hate regular quest bars. I also got the blueberry cobbler and sprinkled donut. I'll post when I try them.
  • hgycta
    Bless the soul of whoever it was that said I should try these. Bless your soul to the moon and back. Both are amazing and I feel so fantastic right now.
    It’s dangerous how small they are, though. I could easily just chug one after another...
    alvn85a4knij.jpeg
    56rdca1235oe.jpeg
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    hgycta wrote: »
    Bless the soul of whoever it was that said I should try these. Bless your soul to the moon and back. Both are amazing and I feel so fantastic right now.
    It’s dangerous how small they are, though. I could easily just chug one after another...
    alvn85a4knij.jpeg
    56rdca1235oe.jpeg
    alvn85a4knij.jpeg
    56rdca1235oe.jpeg

That amazing ?!!! Now I need to find these
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    @macgurlnet I use optimum nutrition chocolate whey that I buy at Costco, works fine for me

I gave the brownies their own thread. You can save it this way. Please let me know how you like them. I love them! I eat them heated up sometimes with lite chocolate syrup, light Cool Whip and some semi sweet chocolate chips. Or nuts. Depends on my mood and how much calories I have left. You could also heat it and put some enlightened ice cream on top to make it even more protein. LOL

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10689114/low-cal-high-protein-brownies/p1?new=1

e419vilmtrmn.jpeg

I usually make beltsander brownies which I actually love haha
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    STOP & SHOP/ GIANT STORES0evzlj0ht96w.png
  • Scubagirl713
    Scubagirl713 Posts: 10 Member
    These were the only two Walmart had, but I’m excited to have found them before that Ibotta offer expired! Do you guys normally refrigerate them beforehand or just drink them plain? Do you normally have one, two, or more?
    d9ke2b5ry635.jpeg

I also saw the Halo Top Peanut Butter & Jelly pints finally in stock, but no So Delicious Mousse pints yet :(

I don't refrigerate the Fortos myself, but I don't like really cold stuff. I imagine the Hersheys one would be great ice cold though.
  • Scubagirl713
    Scubagirl713 Posts: 10 Member
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    alvn85a4knij.jpeg
    56rdca1235oe.jpeg
    alvn85a4knij.jpeg
    56rdca1235oe.jpeg

That amazing ?!!! Now I need to find these

Amazon sells them. But, heck, what doesn't Amazon sell??
  • Sallyw2004
    Sallyw2004 Posts: 124 Member
    Tried the banana caramel Flapjacked this time. Like the peanut butter & jelly flavor, again, I’m not impressed. Good texture just not sweet enough and not at all filling. This time I used a little syrup as suggested (the only sugar free syrup I like is Lakanto because I don’t notice an aftertaste) and it definitely made it better! But I wouldn’t get it again.
    tswjr58sfhe2.jpeg
    cfas7dz7h7ch.jpeg

v8pq11oq9jxq.jpeg
    jylm5b1m0hj2.jpeg
    oi3u20cwo9cd.jpeg

I still have the rest of that sampler pack to get through, so I figured I’d experiment a little. I mixed in 20 calories worth of rainbow sprinkles before I cooked the PB & J one. Then I topped it with 2 tablespoons of SF maple syrup. It tasted good. As a swap for a protein bar, it holds up pretty well.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited August 2018
    Found it!

lobster_chips.jpg

They're really good, but I wouldn't guess the flavor at all... just tastes like sour cream and onion or something.

jalapeno-popper.jpg

These are more on point, lots of bacon flavor and a bit of a kick, just not overly fond of them.

I found the crab spice ones but I'm really not interested.
  • hgycta
    edited August 2018
    These were the only two Walmart had, but I’m excited to have found them before that Ibotta offer expired! Do you guys normally refrigerate them beforehand or just drink them plain? Do you normally have one, two, or more?
    d9ke2b5ry635.jpeg

I also saw the Halo Top Peanut Butter & Jelly pints finally in stock, but no So Delicious Mousse pints yet :(

I don't refrigerate the Fortos myself, but I don't like really cold stuff. I imagine the Hersheys one would be great ice cold though.

I’m in the same boat I prefer bottled coffees room temperature, so I didn’t put them over ice or refrigerate them. So glad I didn’t because they were great and I could taste the flavor much more!
    Sallyw2004 wrote: »
    Tried the banana caramel Flapjacked this time. Like the peanut butter & jelly flavor, again, I’m not impressed. Good texture just not sweet enough and not at all filling. This time I used a little syrup as suggested (the only sugar free syrup I like is Lakanto because I don’t notice an aftertaste) and it definitely made it better! But I wouldn’t get it again.
    tswjr58sfhe2.jpeg
    cfas7dz7h7ch.jpeg

v8pq11oq9jxq.jpeg
    jylm5b1m0hj2.jpeg
    oi3u20cwo9cd.jpeg

I still have the rest of that sampler pack to get through, so I figured I’d experiment a little. I mixed in 20 calories worth of rainbow sprinkles before I cooked the PB & J one. Then I topped it with 2 tablespoons of SF maple syrup. It tasted good. As a swap for a protein bar, it holds up pretty well.

I was about to say — that looked NOTHING like mine!!! I didn’t even think of adding stuff... might be adding some powdered peanut butter to the pb&j one next time and some mini dehydrated cereal marshmallows! You’re a genius!

Also, I went to a farm today and found this stuff. If anyone hasn’t tried blueberry mustard but sees it — get it!!! I tried a sample by itself and it was phenomenal but the lady there said it’s best on some soft pretzels!
    b5i3llugyf93.jpeg
  • hgycta
    These NEOH bars are definitely heavy on the erythritol and I can see where a lot of people might not like it, but personally, I adore them! Thanks so much @Noreenmarie1234 for telling me to contact the company!!! I’m absolutely buying more once I run out! Melted some from being in my hot purse all day, but still good!
    kjbz3gaxpxjv.jpeg
  • Sallyw2004
    Sallyw2004 Posts: 124 Member
    d9ke2b5ry635.jpeg

I’m in the same boat I prefer bottled coffees room temperature, so I didn’t put them over ice or refrigerate them. So glad I didn’t because they were great and I could taste the flavor much more!
    Sallyw2004 wrote: »
    tswjr58sfhe2.jpeg
    cfas7dz7h7ch.jpeg

v8pq11oq9jxq.jpeg
    jylm5b1m0hj2.jpeg
    oi3u20cwo9cd.jpeg

I was about to say — that looked NOTHING like mine!!! I didn’t even think of adding stuff... might be adding some powdered peanut butter to the pb&j one next time and some mini dehydrated cereal marshmallows! You’re a genius!

Also, I went to a farm today and found this stuff. If anyone hasn’t tried blueberry mustard but sees it — get it!!! I tried a sample by itself and it was phenomenal but the lady there said it’s best on some soft pretzels!
    b5i3llugyf93.jpeg

I had thought about adding PB2 to the Flapjacked mix! Let me know if you try it.

I couldn’t resist trying the Hershey’s Forto today. I really liked it. I’d definitely buy more if it was on sale. $1.99 each is a lot for just a few sips.

I’ve been making a salad dressing out of a few teaspoons of maple mustard, 2 tablespoons of SF maple syrup, and 2 tablespoons of rice wine vinegar. I’ll bet that blueberry mustard would make a fantastic salad dressing (baby spinach, fresh blueberries and strawberries, some toasted walnuts + whatever else)
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    These NEOH bars are definitely heavy on the erythritol and I can see where a lot of people might not like it, but personally, I adore them! Thanks so much @Noreenmarie1234 for telling me to contact the company!!! I’m absolutely buying more once I run out! Melted some from being in my hot purse all day, but still good!
    kjbz3gaxpxjv.jpeg

Glad you liked them! Do those flap jacked things just taste like homemade protein mug cakes? They look exactly like the same texture.