Christmas Countdown Challenge (Closed Group) - Week 4

Options

Replies

• Neize
    Neize Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Thanks for everything Jenn!!! Sounds like another great challenge.
  • roseagee
    roseagee Posts: 26
    Options
    Hello CCC,

Congrats to all that lost and everyone who did not, its a new day. :wink: I gained 3 lbs the other week and then finally lost some for the first in this challenge. I was getting very down in the dumps and mad. :grumble: But we all know we just have to push a little harder :drinker:

So I am getting very board with my diet and this is where I usually start to drag off in the fastfood world :ohwell: Can anyone please lead me to a good source for recipes ?????????? Thank you yall in advanced! This is my first group on this site and I really really enjoy and NEED the support! :blushing: Love to all!
  • roseagee
    roseagee Posts: 26
    Options
    Ticker check
  • sarah61587
    sarah61587 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    great challenge again! Going to get started as soon as I get off the computer :wink:

Exciting news! I went bra shopping and went from a 44C to a 40C. I was pretty psyched!!
  • shaverkl191
    Options
    Hello CCC,

Congrats to all that lost and everyone who did not, its a new day. :wink: I gained 3 lbs the other week and then finally lost some for the first in this challenge. I was getting very down in the dumps and mad. :grumble: But we all know we just have to push a little harder :drinker:

So I am getting very board with my diet and this is where I usually start to drag off in the fastfood world :ohwell: Can anyone please lead me to a good source for recipes ?????????? Thank you yall in advanced! This is my first group on this site and I really really enjoy and NEED the support! :blushing: Love to all!

If you go to the website for Women's Health Magazine (www.womenshealthmag.com) there is a section with lots of healthy recipes! I found a recipe there the other day for quinoa and crab stuffed peppers!! So yummy! Anyways, there are lots of healthy choices for recipes there!
  • athederan
    athederan Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Wow so today was my first day back to work (I work at an afterschool program) and the bosses decided we were going to do some team building exercises so we all went kayaking. It was SOOOO much fun!!!! Such a great workout. The challenges seem doable for me because I always get my sleep and I'm pretty good with crunches. I'll probably start that right now. Have a good week everyone!!

THANKS JEN for the table and the challenge! :)
  • yramesor333
    Options
    sorry ill catch up on reading everything soon!! just wanted 2 put this recipe up i made tonight was so yummy

creamy stuffed chicken

4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 lb.)

4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened(fatfree or low fat)

3 green onions, thinly sliced

1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley

1 clove garlic, minced

1/2 cup KRAFT Original Barbecue Sauce

1/4 tsp. hot pepper sauce

4 slices OSCAR MAYER Bacon, cooked, chopped

4 pieces of thick ham

1 package (small box) broccoli

1/4 cup mozz cheese (low fat)

Make It

HEAT oven to 375ºF.

POUND chicken to 1/4-inch thickness; place, top-sides down, on work surface. Mix cream cheese, onions, parsley and garlic; spread down centers of chicken breasts.add ham and broc. Roll up, starting at one short end of each. Place, seam-sides down, in single layer in shallow pan. brush half bbq on tops of chicken

BAKE 35 min. or until chicken is done (165ºF), mix remaining barbecue sauce ,bacon crumbles and hot sauce and brush on chicken , the last 5 min. Top withlow fat mozz cheese.

Tips

How to Pound Chicken Breasts

Place chicken between sheets of plastic wrap on cutting board. Use meat mallet to pound chicken to desired thickness.

FOR VEGGIES
    1 zucchini
    1 yellow squash
    shredd them and squeeze out excess water!!
    1/2 cup pizza sauce
    1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
    1/2 cup low fat mozzeralla cheese
    in hot pan spray pam olive oil and cook 2 min on each side
    toss in sauce and parmesan cook 2 min
    sprinkle mozz cheese on top 3 min
  • yramesor333
    Options
    Hey there ~ Well I decided not to drive through for lunch - I would have gotten a turkey burger, but trying to save money! I came home looking forward to my last Lean Pocket in the Freezer. My Daughter took it for her lunch!!! All that was left was the box on the counter!!!! Darn kids can't throw anything away:grumble: So I searched for something with a low calorie count.....not much!!! American cheese polish sausage, pizza :noway: So I found something I LOVE in the cuboard and made it..so yummy and different I wanted to share it with my CCC friends.:flowerforyou:

It's TABOULE = You will find it in the boxed rice section around where the Coucous is. The Brand I have is Near East and it is Taboule Mix Wheat Salad. Real simple but there are a couple steps involved. Make it according to the directions put in a bowl with seasoning mix add boiling water cover and fridge for 30 mins....then add cut up tomatoes,olive oil and lemon juice and let it set for 1 hour. I also add a couple cloves of fresh garlic minced and chopped green onions. All optional. It is great in a pita pocket for lunch or scoop with pita chips, or heck eat it by the spoonful. 2/3 cup is 120 calories.

I forgot how much I like it :love: Time for me to go work out...since we are hitting a mexican restaurant tonight my football playing son is in a burrito eating contest!!!! :laugh: I'm going to try to eat before I go.

Thanks - sorry I type (talk) so much :embarassed:
    Judy :wink:
    hope you enjoyed your evening !!! did your son win "? also hope you stayed on track and didnt over do it !!! :)
  • yramesor333
    Options
    ZUCCHINI BREAD

1 egg

4 egg white

1 c. sugar free apple sauce

3c. all-purpose flour

1/2 c. raisins

1 c. nuts (optional)

2 c. shredded zucchini

8 packs Sweet & Low

3 tsp. cinnamon

2 tsp. baking soda

2 tsp. vanilla

1/2 tsp. salt (optional)

1 tsp. baking powder

Mix all ingredients together. Pour into greased loaf pan for 35-40 minutes. Enjoy! oven 350
  • pinkita
    pinkita Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I also have a Polar FT4, which I got on Amazon.
  • JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    So it's 11:30 and I'm just getting home from my typically long Tuesday. My normal plan of action would be to catch up on something on my DVR, grab a snack, and eventually go to bed. But ah ah ah..... tonight I shall skip the first two steps and just GO TO BED :bigsmile:

Tuesday's are the one day that my daughter stays at her father's house so I can sleep in a bit on Wednesday mornings. The way I've calculated it, I should get about 8-8.5 hours tonight. Let's see how it works!!! :yawn:

Good night all!!! Get some sleeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • want_it_25
    want_it_25 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I just finished 10 cross over crunches. My stomach is on fire which is a GREAT thing. Now I'm off to dream land.
  • TruckerChick
    Options
    Okay missie Jenn!! I will do the cross over crunches! And I will lose back what I have gained (TOM, formerly Aunt Flo, is visiting)... and I will stop the snacking!!! Yes, I CAN!

Thank you thank you thank you for this group!!!
  • femmerides
    femmerides Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    can't wait til i start losing again
  • kristinkt
    kristinkt Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's Open House Day was loaded with munchies provided in the Teacher's Workroom. I skipped the breakfast provided since I already had eaten.:happy: I thought I was doing pretty good until a church came by with a loaded platter of homebaked cookies (my weakness). I DID NOT HAVE A COOKIE!! at all!!! I snagged a couple of bananas, grapes, and a strawberry instead. Woo Hoo:bigsmile: Now for the confession... I went out to eat with my grade level peeps, and had already decided in my mind it would be a turkey sandwich. That ended up being a turkey club:ohwell: It gets better... yesterday was "Free Brownie Tuesday!!!" and you guessed it! They brought out a brownie with the meal!! I ate half the brownie and threw the rest away. That is SO unlike me! (to throw away food - especially food I want!) Overall, I feel like there is a NSV in there somewhere.

completed 20/70 crossover crunches so far
  • VolatileChocolate
    Options
    OK, as yet not done the exercise challenge, today n tomorrow will be a struggle so will attempt to fit as many in on fri, sat & sun.

As for sleep on average 4 nights a week get 6-6.5hrs but the other 3 around 7.5+

Have has a little non scale victory in that realised bra was looser and have done it up on next row of hooks.

I'm also making exit plan stragety to leave day job n go and do my mobile beauty full time. As it stands I'm hoping I have the courage to hand in notice at end of Sept. I've got a 2 week hol from 10 Sept and back at work on 26th Sept so looking to do it that week. I have to work 3 months notice so this will take me to Christmas. Enough time between now and then to save money to cover a months worth of bills n mortgage and also can pay off as much as poss off credit cards and get everything else I need to do in place. I'm excited and scared, friends I've spoken too about it (outside of work) all been very encourging.
    Not said anything yet at work in case something crops up which delays things.
  • MelL1205
    MelL1205 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    messed up the sleeping already. stupid insomnia. last night i probably slept for a whopping 1.5 hours... :grumble:
  • want_it_25
    Options
    Good Morning!!! Well for the sleep challenge I only got 6 hrs. I will try harder tonight. :grumble: As for the exercise challenge I am off to do it. I want to do 100 this week. How's everyone else doing
  • want_it_25
    Options
    Good Morning!!! Well for the sleep challenge I only got 6 hrs. I will try harder tonight. :grumble: As for the exercise challenge I am off to do it. I want to do 100 this week. How's everyone else doing with the challenges?
  • wolfpack111
    Options
    I am checking in! This week has so far I have done HORRIBLE! it is the first week that I have really struggled! :sad:

I am in training in NYC and in the training room we have all kinds of pastries, chocolates, sodas etc. I know that I am stronger than the cookies but they taste so good!

Regardless of my bad eating and drinking I have been waking up every morning to workout for at least 45 minutes however I am still going over my calorie limits, not tracking everything and DEF. not sleeping enough!!!

Ahh it's only Wednesday and I am promising myself to try really hard to do better!! I don't want to gain any weight back!! :sad: