SAHMU - TEAM PURPLE (CLOSED)

Options

Replies

• natijade
    natijade Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Awww loved reading your answers and like knowing a bit more about you all! Thought I'd answer too!

What is your absolute fave way to work out/exercise?
    Swimming. I absolutely love swimming and I'm pretty good at it. Feel like I get a really good workout without it feeling any effort at all. I don't usually get to go much but going to try and drag myself twice a week!

Absolute favourite healthy food/meal?
    Chicken salad!! I have chicken salad pretty much every day! I wouldn't lose weight without it!

When do you feel happiest?
    When I'm with Emily and my boyfriend, and also when I'm with my Mum and Dad and little brother and sister. They're so funny and brilliant I'm so proud of the way they grew up. I'm so blessed to have such an amazing family.

When do you feel most relaxed?
    To be honest, I feel most relaxed when I've accomplished a lot with my day. When I've done a good workout or cleaned the house or done some of my uni work or something! I struggle to relax when I've not done much!

Points for last week:

Cardio: 1 point
    Strength: 1 point
    Water: To be honest, I struggle to monitor water intake as i just constantly keep a bottle topped up in the fridge...and I have no idea what 64ozs looks like. All I can say is that I always drink plenty. So erm... not sure if I get the point or not.
    Team challenge: 1 point
    Stretch challenge: 1point
  • natijade
    Options
    Diet start weight: 196lbs
    Challenge start weight: 170.5lbs
    Last weigh in: 170lbs
    This week: 168lbs!

2lb loss! Well happy with that!
  • antbug21
    antbug21 Posts: 56
    Options
    Great job Nathalie! As long as you are drinking water, we will count a point!

My points this week:

Cardio 1
    Strength 1
    Water 1
    Team 1
    Stretch 1

Total 5

Weight:

Starting weight: 180
    Last weigh in: 178
    This week: 175

3lb loss!!!

Waiting for points and weight from purplefly, linake11 and sunshinekb!
  • Purplefly
    Options
    My points this week:

Cardio 1
    Strength 1
    Water 1
    Team 0 didnt feel Ive been in group long enough to comment yet
    Stretch 1

Total 4

Weight:

Last weigh in: 162.5
    This week: 161.6
  • antbug21
    Options
    Week 3 Challenge Info:

Cardio:
    Your Normal Routine x3 days
    Dance!!! Dance with your kids, your Husband or by yourself. Have fun with it! x1 day
    Try something New! - be it take a class somewhere, try a new workout video, give running a shot, etc. etc x 1 day

Strength:
    Step ups x 3 min a day x 4 days (How many can you do in 3 min?)
    Different Heights Work Different Muscles
    A basic height step works the hips and thighs. A higher step works the hamstrings harder, while a lower step targets the quadriceps. However, the basic height for a step obviously differs from person to person, depending on the person's height. To set a step to work your leg muscles to the max, you want to be able to easily place your leading foot flat on the step. When you bend the leading leg at the knee so that your thigh is parallel to the ground, the foot of your other leg should be able to touch the ground while still keeping the heel elevated. Basically, your step up should not be higher than your knee when you stand in front of it.

Food Challenge:
    Each person submit a dessert recipe to your Team Thread then Teams submit ONE recipe to the main thread that you all agree could win by Monday.
    Tuesday we will take a vote and there will be a winner by Wednesday and I will post that point along with the weight loss point.

Relaxation Challenge:
    Do something for yourself this week that has nothing to do with food. Take a bubble bath or read a book or give yourself a manicure. Almost like a congratulations for the hard work we have put in.

Emotional Challenge:
    Is there someone in your life that has affected you in a negative way and has contributed to your weight gain? How will this change once you have become more confident and learn to Love yourself.
  • linake11
    linake11 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hey all!! Sorry for checking in later than normal. Had my little brother over last night and we were up VERY late watching movies. Here are my numbers. :)

My points this week:

Cardio 1
    Strength 1
    Water 1
    Team 1
    Stretch 1

Total 5

Weight:

Starting weight: 270.4
    Last weigh in: 264.8
    This week: 261.6

3.2 lb loss!!!
  • SunshineKB
    SunshineKB Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    My points this week:

Cardio 1
    Strength 1
    Water 1
    Team 1
    Stretch 1

Total 5

Weight:

Last weigh in: 221
    This week: 221

So annoying that I didn't lose anything this week...but I feel like it's coming any day now. My body has been doing this it seems. Stays for a while and then drops a couple all of a sudden.
  • Purplefly
    Options
    happy friday!
  • SunshineKB
    Options
    Happy Friday to you too :)

It's so quiet around here sheesh!!

What does everyone have planned for the weekend? I'm headed to a baby shower for a close friend tomorrow ( will be babysitting the baby once he's here ) but other than that hopefully a very low key family centered weekend :)
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Hi Teams!!
    I hope you are all doing fantastic!!
    I have created a spreadsheet for our group. Please go to it and fill in your points and weight loss for the last 3 weeks. If you are a new person you can give yourself full points for the weeks you where not here. Captains please fill in your Team points (the ones you get for the whole team completing each challenge and the weight loss point and the recipe winner point) I am so glad I finally figured out how to do this! I started to fill in everyones info but figured it would be much easier for everyone to just go there and fill it in themselves.
    We have a pretty large group and now you can see who else is in this challenge on the other teams easier. If you need help let me know but I tried to make it pretty simple.

If I put anyones info in wrong you can go ahead and just fix it, I am sorry if I did.

Here is the link.
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnwPqv9GV3KzdGUxdVFLcVdiZmFOVmQzbmd1Y3RCOEE&hl=en_US
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I have done a recap on the challenges and point system for each week for everyone here is the link:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/102LC_kOsa1CIiwupmuRu4A1t1Dljz_tK_zo7P07JluA/edit?hl=en_US
  • antbug21
    Options
    Hey team, sorry been MIA, on vacation! Hope everyone had a terrific weekend!
  • SunshineKB
    Options
    OK here's my dessert recipe for our food challenge this week. I know it sounds crazy but I had these a couple weekends ago and they are delicious!!!

Black Bean Brownies

1 (15.5 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
    3 eggs ( or egg beaters )
    3 tablespoons vegetable oil (or 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce)
    1/4 cup cocoa powder
    1 pinch salt
    1 tsp baking powder
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    3/4 cup white sugar
    1 teaspoon instant coffee (or 1 tablespoon strong coffee)
    1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
    Chopped walnuts or other nuts

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease an 8x8 square baking dish. Combine the black beans, eggs, oil, cocoa powder, salt, vanilla extract, sugar, baking powder and instant coffee in a blender or food processor; blend until smooth; pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the chocolate chips & nuts over the top of the mixture.Bake in the preheated oven until the top is dry and the edges start to pull away from the sides of the pan, about 30 minutes.

Servings: 16

Calories:126 Fat: 5.3 Sodium 144mg Carbs: 18.1 Fiber: 2.6 Protein: 3.3
  • linake11
    Options
    Here is my dessert recipe Yummo!!!!!

Banana Bars with Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting
    ½ cup butter, softened
    1 ½ cups white sugar
    2 eggs
    1 cup sour cream
    1 tsp vanilla
    2 cups all-purpose flour
    1 tsp baking soda
    ¼ tsp sal
    1 cup mashed ripe bananas (I used three ripe bananas)

Frosting (use store-bought cream cheese frosting or make your own from the version below)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 10 x 15 inch jellyroll pan or one 9X13 pan and an additional 8X8 pan. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the sour cream and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl; stir into the batter. Finally, mix in the mashed banana. Spread evenly into the prepared pan(s). Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow bars to cool completely before frosting.

Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting:
    1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened to room temperature
    1 cup white sugar (you can use either granulated sugar or confectioners’ sugar – the confectioners’ sugar tends to dissolve better and not be as grainy but either one works fine)
    1/8 tsp salt
    1 tsp vanilla
    1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream

In a large bowl combine cream cheese, sugar, salt and vanilla. Beat until light and fluffy. Set aside. In another medium bowl, beat whipped cream until stiff peaks form (it helps to use a chilled bowl and chilled beaters). Fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture. Frost to your heart’s delight!
  • natijade
    Options
    My yummy recipe!

Chocolate Pear Crisp:

Ingredients
    3 ripe pears
    juice ½ lemon
    1 tbsp light muscovado sugar
    4 tsp Poire William liqueur or cognac (optional)

For the topping
    50g icing sugar
    1 tbsp cocoa powder
    25g ground almonds
    1 egg white

Heat oven to 160C/fan 140C/gas 3.
    Chop the pears into small pieces and put in a pan with the lemon juice and sugar.
    Bring to the boil, then cover and cook for 10 mins. Uncover, then cook for 8-10 mins more until the juices thicken up.
    Spoon into 4 x 150ml ramekins and add a teaspoon of liqueur to each, if using.
    For the topping, sift the icing sugar and cocoa into a bowl, then stir in the almonds.
    Whisk the egg white until stiff, then fold into the dry ingredients.
    Spoon over the pears and shake the ramekins to level the mixture. #
    Bake for 20-25 mins until the topping is firm to the touch.
    Serve warm or cold.

Nutritional info: 140 kcalories, protein 2g, carbohydrate 26g, fat 4 g, saturated fat 0g, fibre 2g, sugar 25g, salt 0.03 g

ABSOLUTELY delicious!
  • Purplefly
    Options
    Fresh Raspberry-Mousse Almond Crumb Cake

8 servings, 1 piece each

Ingredients
    1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
    1/3 cup sugar
    1/8 teaspoon sea salt
    5 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled, cut into small pieces
    1/2 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
    1 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
    1/2 teaspoon almond extract
    1 large egg
    1/2 teaspoon baking powder
    1/4 teaspoon baking soda
    4 ounces light cream cheese, room temperature
    1/3 cup raspberry jam or preserves (preferably seedless)
    3/4 cup fresh raspberries (optional)
    3 tablespoons sliced almonds

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine flour, sugar, and salt in a large bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender or potato masher until crumbly. Reserve 1/2 cup for later use.

Add yogurt, vanilla and almond extracts, egg, baking powder, and baking soda to mixture. Beat with electric mixer at medium speed until blended. Pour into 8-inch-round nonstick baking pan.

In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and jam; beat at low speed until blended. Spread evenly over batter. Top with reserved flour mixture, sprinkling of raspberries (optional) and almonds.

Bake for 45 minutes, or until edges are browned and center is nearly set. Cool on a rack. Refrigerate 3 hours, or until well chilled. Cut into 8 wedges.

250 calories
    5g protein
    30g carbohydrate
    12g fat (7g saturated)
    1g fiber
  • SunshineKB
    Options
    Emotional Challenge:
    Is there someone in your life that has affected you in a negative way and has contributed to your weight gain? How will this change once you have become more confident and learn to Love yourself.

This is a toughie... I can't blame anyone for my weight gain because I made the choice to feel defeated & thought I'd just be big forever. But as far as contributing to my weight gain...I'd have to say my husband (but not that he has affected me in a negative way). I just mean that after we got married, I started to eat more like he did and it progressively got worse. He was an offensive lineman for a college football team & they had him gain weight when he started...and after he left the college, he still ate like he was before but no exercise. We just consistently made bad food choices and the weight just crawled up & up. This has already drastically changed forever with both of us taking this amazing journey together. He's the reason I changed & am so thankful for him!
  • natijade
    Options
    Aww sunshine it's nice that you're so happy. I can relate, I gained about a stone when I first got with my BF, although part of that was also stress-eating from uni.

I guess my ex had a lot to do with my weight gain. It's not really her fault. We just ate badly. She had a much better metabolism than me so she didn't gain much but I just piled it on and on, getting more and more miserable with myself. It's taken a long time to retrain myself to make better decisions food-wise but I think I'm finally there.
    Sorry that's a bit rubbish, but I really only have myself, depression, breaking my ankle and pregnancy to blame!
  • linake11
    Options
    Food Challenge: 1 point
    Relaxation Challenge: 1 point
    Emotional Challenge: 1 point

Total 5 points

I also submitted a dessert recipe. Don't remember if that is a challenge or not. If so then add 1 more point.
  • linake11
    Options
    Food Challenge: 1 point
    Relaxation Challenge: 1 point
    Emotional Challenge: 1 point

Total 5 points

I also submitted a dessert recipe. Don't remember if that is a challenge or not. If so then add 1 more point.

Ok I see that we added the recipe challenge instead of giving something up. So total of 5 points for me. :)