Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    VUA21 wrote: »
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Today I had Pizza, wings and beer for dinner. It was delicious.

It made me think of this when one person tried to tell me that my diet is unhealthy....

45239x38opft.jpg

That sounds good.

You need to wash it down with a wholesome drink made from 4 all natural ingredients. You know, grain, hops, yeast and water.

I prefer a fruit salad, made from apples and/or pears, that have been crushed and fermented. But the organic, whole grain drink infused with all natural hops and yeast is a good second choice.

Apparently, there is also a drink made from grapes of all things. I've heard it's pretty healthy and may have to try it one day.

Oh yes, the aged organic fruit smoothie made from all-natural grapes. It usually comes pre-made in 750ml bottles, but can be found in single serving and 5 litre boxes as well. Sometimes I have this and have been know to make it with sliced berries in it. It's delicious.

Look at you all fancy getting bottles. Boxes or GTFO. :wink:

I'm 42 and going back to school to finish my degree. My lunch box doesn't fit the whole box, but the single serving sizes fit very well. I do need to keep my wits when surrounded by a bunch of children (if they're young enough to be my child, they're children). So I have the single serving size as a supplement.

Camelback for the all day buzz. You're welcome!
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Girl, I have been known to make a meal of Cheez-its and Sour Patch Kids. I would rather die than eat kale.

Kale needs to stay as the pretty border for buffets, it has no business being on my plate. Blech.
  • VUA21

It made me think of this when one person tried to tell me that my diet is unhealthy....

45239x38opft.jpg

That sounds good.

You need to wash it down with a wholesome drink made from 4 all natural ingredients. You know, grain, hops, yeast and water.

I prefer a fruit salad, made from apples and/or pears, that have been crushed and fermented. But the organic, whole grain drink infused with all natural hops and yeast is a good second choice.

Apparently, there is also a drink made from grapes of all things. I've heard it's pretty healthy and may have to try it one day.

Oh yes, the aged organic fruit smoothie made from all-natural grapes. It usually comes pre-made in 750ml bottles, but can be found in single serving and 5 litre boxes as well. Sometimes I have this and have been know to make it with sliced berries in it. It's delicious.

I'm 42 and going back to school to finish my degree. My lunch box doesn't fit the whole box, but the single serving sizes fit very well. I do need to keep my wits when surrounded by a bunch of children (if they're young enough to be my child, they're children). So I have the single serving size as a supplement.

I have a backpack in the way... But then again I could improvise: remove bag from box, place bag in backpack, attach about 2 feet of tubing with a one-way valve! Yep.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member

45239x38opft.jpg

That sounds good.

I have a backpack in the way... But then again I could improvise: remove bag from box, place bag in backpack, attach about 2 feet of tubing with a one-way valve! Yep.

Atta girl. Think outside the (wine) box!
  • woosterek100
    woosterek100 Posts: 1 Member
    No judgment here - I've had days where I used my entire calorie allotment on nothing but Cheetos...I have to in order to stay on track for the long haul. If I occasionally eat what I crave it doesn't become a monster.
  • VUA21
    Agave is healthy, too, right?!? Mmmm....

Agave is cactus, very healthy! Part of the "5 a day" recommendation for fruits and vegetables. What's really good, is an Agave smoothie with pineapple & lime, and a touch of salt (for electrolytes!).

I'm all about my electrolytes!

p4cruy2ycih7.jpeg
  • MeganMow
    MeganMow Posts: 3 Member
    It's all about controlling portions. I've watched people follow various diets that probably work when you do them right, but these guys eat so much of it they aren't doing themselves any favors. I eat burgers and chocolate and tacos and all the good stuff, I'm just teaching myself to pay attention.
  • VUA21
    It's all about controlling portions. I've watched people follow various diets that probably work when you do them right, but these guys eat so much of it they aren't doing themselves any favors. I eat burgers and chocolate and tacos and all the good stuff, I'm just teaching myself to pay attention.

Yep! Tonight's dinner: tacos! Fried tortillas all the way. Probably going to have jalapeno rice and some sort of vegetable.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Been baking all week. I'm hosting a women's gathering tomorrow. No idea how many people are showing up, so of course I go overboard, lol! Fruit sushi, vanilla cookies, meringues, mini blueberry scones, vegan chocolate cheezcake macadamia nut truffles, and smoosh fudge. (Along with bagels and pita, fruit and veggie platters, and some nibbles...)

It all sounds good, but I think I need to know more about fruit sushi and "smoosh fudge"...! :)
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    SueSueDio wrote: »
    Been baking all week. I'm hosting a women's gathering tomorrow. No idea how many people are showing up, so of course I go overboard, lol! Fruit sushi, vanilla cookies, meringues, mini blueberry scones, vegan chocolate cheezcake macadamia nut truffles, and smoosh fudge. (Along with bagels and pita, fruit and veggie platters, and some nibbles...)

It all sounds good, but I think I need to know more about fruit sushi and "smoosh fudge"...! :)

I'm seconding that request :tongue:
  • VUA21
    ladyreva78 wrote: »
    SueSueDio wrote: »

I'm seconding that request :tongue:

@estherdragonbat

Thrid request.....

Please!!!!!
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    edited August 2018
    Back!

Okay. Fruit sushi is basically a rice pudding base with fresh fruit. You can roll it like maki or shape into ovals like nigiri. Chocolate sauce (either to glue down the fruit, dip, or both) and toasted coconut are optional. Here's one recipe. I modified it slightly and mine didn't look quite this pretty, at least not the maki rolls, but whatever: https://www.biggerbolderbaking.com/fresh-fruit-sushi/

Smoosh fudge is what happens when you melt down chocolate chips in a saucepan on low heat, then stir in craisins, coconut, walnut pieces, and a bit of rum/brandy/other alcohol. (If not using alcohol, the cookbook suggests cranberry juice), then "smoosh" it into an 8x8 pan and chill.
  • LushFix
    LushFix Posts: 306 Member
    I don’t eat clean, i enjoy food and I will continue to do so, I go through ups and downs. I eat lots of fruits and veggies but I also love me some snacks and treats.

Feel free to add me.
  • proudmymmysj
    proudmymmysj Posts: 7 Member
    I mainly healthy eat but that don't stop me having a huge slice of cake worth almost half my allowance sometimes 😂
    I also have a weekly blow out.
    I'm usually under my cal allowance a tend to have a a extra 3k cal at the end of the week so I eat that in fatty unhealthy yummy crap 😂
    Apart from this week I've been eating junk most days... mmmm cake! 😂
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    I've got the remains from the get-together. I did have the foresight to only make stuff I was safe to be alone with when it came to leftovers, but there's quite a bit left over. (And I hate wasting/dumping good food. The cookies will keep for a good long time. And hubby will take them in his lunch. The fruit sushi... not so much.)
  • sheilaann67
    sheilaann67 Posts: 17 Member
    This group <3 I try to eat healthy but I'm focusing on my calorie goals. I've been in a vicious cycle of quitting when I overeat or eat junk food. I'm committing to logging every bite even if I'm over calorie goal or eating junk food.

SW: 245
    CW: 239
    GW: 150