WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2018

Options

Replies

• bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,749 Member
    Options
    Tracey ... love the little tea set!

Heather ... good for you on defrosting the freezer. Mine needs to be done as well. And in the midst of all we've got going on, my son's landlord is moving him to another place while they do renovations on his current home. I've got to unload his freezer and fridge there too!
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Beth ~ Loved your story about the rainbows. So inspirational and so glad that you saw one again. Healing prayers for your son.
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,604 Member
    Options
    Good Sunday, Ladies!

It has been crazy around here. Work is like a third Spring season! Had customers lined up most of day yesteday. I got work sorted this morning and need to start on it, but......I am catching up with y'all! Husband and I went shopping yesterday. He is so impatient sometimes. I did manage to find the perfect anniversary card for him and a lovely pair of heels as well as a new pair of work shoes? or just jeans shoes. Jury is still out on that. Went to grandson's football game only to have it rained out 7 minutes into the game. Not sure we will make it back today at 530 to see or not. Picked up truck from repair shop. Brakes work! Still needs more work, but want to drive it some. Then we will take it back in while we are on vacation. Husband finally decided that we wouldn't be towing it down this year-YAY! It over heats quickly right now and 4 miles of slow moving traffic doesn't seem like a great idea to me. Maybe next year!
    Love the Balloons, rainbows, before and after photos!

You are all such strong and lovely ladies!
    May your day be full of the best choices you can make, a bit of laughter, and even a few smiles!

<3
    Kylia in back to summer in Ohio
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,604 Member
    Options
    8fw31l69ca9o.png
    This was my eye opener photo. I was so not pleased with my body at this point in my life. This was taken almost 9 years ago. I had already lost 20 lbs, when it was taken.
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,328 Member
    Options
    Tracey - that tea set is so special! Got one similar for my niece 30 years ago and she still cherishes it. Glad your smoke has left and hope it stays away! I think we might just find Fall arrives before we're ready. B)

Beth
    - loved that rainbow story. I'm glad you took the mama bear stance with your son. It makes me nervous being around hospitals, I guess they are so busy and mistakes can be made. Nurses don't have time to read charts or are just plum tired from long shifts and are running on caffeine perhaps. They have my admiration and I hope to avoid depending on them for as long as possible, lol. Glad you got someone from ICU to get those IV's installed quickly. Praying your DS's surgery goes without a hitch.

Machka
    - happy belated anniversary! <3 I was thrilled that you and your DH were able to have a nice bike ride. Sorry turmeric isn't working for you.

What I'm taking is actually concentrated Curcumin. I'm lucky it seems to be working for me.

Carol
    -Happy Anniversary!! <3 Steak dinner sounds great!

Heather - great job with the freezer. Jealous of your rain tho we've had some really heavy sprinkles in the past day. Not quite the same as a downpour but we'll take it.

Kim - I'm kind of like Barbie in that I'd send regrets for the wedding and think of an excuse not to go = what's the saying, "Introverts Unite! Separately in Your Own Homes" lol. Sounds like something you'll really enjoy. B)

OK ladies, that's it for now. Have a great Sunday!!

Lanette
    Cool SW WA State

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Carol in GA: Happy 49th Anniversary!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Heather: Congratulations on all of your hard work defrosting the freezer. I think you are wise to get frost-free next time. :flowerforyou:

Snowflake: Pretty treasures! :star;

We had a great day at Saturday Market in Portland yesterday with our son and DGS. Today they are off doing something else and we have some home alone time. Getting a little personal rest is fabulous. We have more adventures in mind for the remainder of their visit. We still have several days with them. Yay!!!

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Beth, your rainbow story had me in tears. You have always been an inspiration to me. I’m so glad you are seeing rainbows again.

Rbee, your post about logging even in the midst of wrong choices was also inspirational for me and just the reminder I needed today. Thank you!

Heather, wonderful idea! Leave that freezer that needs defrosting with the house and get you a frost-free one. Ours died back in the summer and you better believe our next will be frost free.

Kim, we are soul sisters in the stalled but maintaining the loss camp. I need a fire lit under me, too.

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :star:
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,196 Member
    Options
    Beth - Love your rainbow story. And I am not religious at all. <3<3<3 It's so important in our lives to stand up for ourselves. And for those we love.

While we were dealing with the freezer DH's team won at soccer. He was following it on his laptop. They are now almost at the top of the Premier League. Three wins in a row. I am happy for him.

We had to put the heating on today. Sooooooo chilly! I'm nice and warm now after my chilli con carne. Enjoying the champagne. :D

Lots of love, Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Woo HOO! Despite having 12 oz of REAL Oktoberfest yesterday and eating the most humongous breakfast, managed to stay exactly the same weight, thanks to lots of walking with company. Was great to have 'em, and a bit of a relief to see 'em go.
    Left ear has been aching since before company came. Hot compresses, ear oil haven't helped much. Advil lets me sleep but then the ache returns in the morning. This morning trying turmeric, cayenne, lemon zest, honey. It didn't taste so good til added a splash of apple cider vinegar. Went back and ground a pinch of black pepper thanks to you gals' reminders. Fingers Xd.

Rebecca I sure wish we were closer, would leave some big surprises at your doorstep. SIL brought us GIANT zucchini. Heather would call them vegetable marrows. They look like submarines to me. Can only make so many muffins and loaves of bread. Never tried putting balsamic dressing on steamed zucchini, will try, thanks! Otherwise the only way I really like it is deep fried (of course) dipped in horseradish sour cream sauce :(
    Barbie likewise would leave a zucchini submarine at your door, if I could be sure it wouldn't trip you up.
    KJ thanks for asking Rori about her DH's GF's condo... I was thinking "Boy that Rori is sure more broadminded than I'd ever want to be..." :laugh: Hope this morning's turmeric concoction doesn't yellow my teeth any more than they are already ;)
    Michele tell me about stringing popcorn? Christmas already?
    Kim love LOVE "Love" your plan to attend your friend's wedding as the 20 lbs lighter gal you've dreamed of being. You can make this dream come true! Good luck with the camping options!
    Sue in WA ER discharged because they don't know why DH's labs are off? Beth said it, there is something seriously wrong with our health care system.
    Machka beautiful beach, awesome run, wonderful second ride for your hubs.
    Carol ConVERYgratulations on your 49th anniversary. What a marvelous accomplishment!

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.
    60 g protein 20/25, meditate 11/25, walk one more step 11/25, knee exercises 11/25, core 5/16, walk Tumble 11/16 times, SWSY 0/8, hang up or purge art 0/1, AF 18/25

Oh what do they say during zucchini season? Never leave your car door unlocked in a church parking lot! I have taken the big ones, halved and hollowed out a bit. Then saute the innards with onions and added tomato sauce. Bake the halved parts until underside is browned, fill and put cheese on top. Pizza boats! I do want to get those zunoodle maker thingys. Have zucchini like a pasta. I'm usually making husband's dinner and fixing mine, so I usually pile mine up precut and ready to go.
    Last night I just put on a pot of water to boil and then balanced on top my collapsible metal steamer, pile on the veggies, salt and pepper to taste, and put a fair size lid on it all. In 5 or so minutes its done. Toss with balsamic dressing! Sometimes I add 1/2 of a microwavable Minute Rice wild rice container, then sprinkle my veggies with some parmesan cheese!
    Rebecca 💗
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    Beth, Your story made me teary eyed! I am not religious, but I do believe our lives follow paths. That things happen for a reason, and there are signs everywhere.
    I too have had to stick up for my husband's health! Its instinctive, but so many people go into a hospital alone. You need to always have someone speak for you, keep taps on you. Nurses do the best they can but with shift changes things get lost in translation.
    It sounds like with you by your son's side, you got him the care he's needing. I hope his upcoming surgery is smooth and all goes well👍💗! Keep us all mentally in your back pocket K?
    💗Rebecca
    Whidbey island
    Washington
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    Ooh today I am 233.2! Going down this fat mountain like a giddy mountaineer mama! Can you just see me clipping on carbeeners left and right, making knots and swinging????? I can!!!
    Loopy Rebecca 💗
  • wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Beth, I've been praying for a miracle for your son. I too love rainbows, but the special sign God sends me is hawks soaring in the sky. Every time I see one, I know God is reminding me he is watching over me. How often I have seen them in moments of despair, just when I need to know I am loved. <3 Wendy
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,687 Member
    Options
    well I bought a magnetic diary and am putting all my passwords in it and putting it in my lockbox in case something happens and my daughter has access to it..right now I am just getting a will done, but eventually a trust..
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,527 Member
    Options
    No gym workout today per kirby
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    Options
    :) Jake read the directions from the doctor about caring for my back and decided that I should be walking more than I have been so he suggested that the two of us go for a walk. My response was to say that any walking I did should be for the dogs so I've been out with dogs more today. I even walked for 30 minutes slowly with the dogs and my friend. Jake did the laundry and the grocery shopping and fixed lunch.

:)Beth When Jake went for his most recent treatment, the first nurse had trouble inserting the IV and she mentioned that he might have to have a "port" from now on. Then another nurse tried and had no trouble and said his veins were fine and not to worry. You were so right to speak up for your son. Also, I love spiritual stories and I've learned to ignore any language in the story that doesn't fit my thinking and just listen for the message. Thank you for sharing.

:)Heather, frost free freezer is absolutely the right thing to buy. I still remember the mess of defrosting a freezer and the last time I did it was probably 20 years ago.

:)Barbara I would have enjoyed getting your zucchini. My two little plants only produced a few very small ones.

<3 Barbie