Anyone not doing low carb?

Options

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    I have decided from now on I am calling how I eat 'Medium Carb™'.

So no. I do not eat low carb.
  • lucerorojo
    lucerorojo Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I see alot of low carb on here and was just wondering if anyone has had success just following the guidelines given by MFP and not necessarily doing low carb.

Yes. I've lost 50 lbs. just logging and following MFP. I'm not doing low carb.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't even entertain the idea of going low carb.

I lost 25 kg consuming mostly carbs! :)
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    I see alot of low carb on here and was just wondering if anyone has had success just following the guidelines given by MFP and not necessarily doing low carb.

No. I don't do low-carb. Would be torture anyway, based on the foods I like now.

I lost weight by counting and recording my calories. All it needs is eating a bit less, and exercising a bit more.
  • ttippie2000
    ttippie2000 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Yes, I’ve lost weight without doing a low carb diet, almost 90 lbs. What seems to work for me is eating sensibly, journaling my food intake as well as my exercise calories burned. Note: Every time I stopped journaling and did what they call ‘intuitive eating’ I gained anout 5 pounds per month, like clockwork.
  • AlvinZhen
    AlvinZhen Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Carbs are life. #teamHighCarbLowFat
  • app_119
    app_119 Posts: 24 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I eat whatever I want. As long as I stay at a calorie deficit, I lose weight. I’ve lost over 60 pounds so far.

Yes, same here. I lost over 80 pounds that way. And I am maintaining the same way.
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    We are not doing low carb per se, but since my husband has Type 2, I have changed the kind of carbs we eat. Funny thing was, last night I kind of went over his carb limit and had him take his blood sugar reading about 2 hours after. Had no effect at all. I was so relieved!! Just because of the way we eat now, it is relatively naturally low carb. Have cut out pasta, most breads, and rice. We don't miss it. The only two s things my husband, being Southern, says that he misses are cheese grits and cornbread.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options

I am not doing low carb. I was diagnosed with T2Dm 4 years ago and have lost weight and regulated my blood sugars with moderate carb (max of 180 grams per day which works out to about 35% of my macros). I did have to tweak the MFP goals slightly to get 35% carb, 35% protein, and 30% fat but this is definitely NOT low carb.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    No way. I love carbs.
  • frankiesgirlie
    frankiesgirlie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Since I don’t intend to give up pizza, potatoes, ice cream and popcorn for life, and I want to *eventually* hit my goal weight and stay there for life, I feel that eating a variety of things I like and love, is the smart and sustainable approach.
    Plus, when I tried to go low carb for 2 weeks many years ago, I ended up in a major depression and got blasted by my doctor. It took a little while of eating carbs again before I felt back to normal.
  • mgalsf12
    mgalsf12 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I want but stay within my calorie range. That said, I eat a very healthy diet and always have.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    I once did South Beach for less than a week.

wthen-you-have-been-on-a-low-carb-diet-for-15-minutes.jpg
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,136 Member
    Options
    High carbs make me very bloated, sleepy and without energy; even if I eat a good amount of protein. I don't do keto because I like fruit too much. For me 35% carbs (most of the time is lower than that), 30% fat and 35% protein are good ratios. However, I don't worry if I ago above those limits once in awhile.
    Since I don't have a sweet tooth, and don't care for pasta, rice or potatoes, moderate amount of carbs intake are easy for me to achieve and sustain.
  • knavarro2015
    knavarro2015 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have cereal or oatmeal everyday for breakfast. I also have 1/2 of a sandwich (bread) for lunch. Sometimes, pasta for dinner. I make sure I plug in all of my foods for the day before I eat. I seldom go over my carb intake and I've lost 20 lbs. My body needs them (and they taste good!) I think whatever works for you, is the key :)
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    Nope...
    <---- currently eating an entire pint of blue bell dutch chocolate...
  • knavarro2015
    knavarro2015 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    psychod787 wrote: »
    Nope...
    <---- currently eating an entire pint of blue bell dutch chocolate...

Chocolate! Oh, chocolate!!