If You Eat Cookies, Cakes, Ice Cream Daily Do You Consider Yourself Dieting?

Options

Replies

• amyepdx
    amyepdx Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    meagan8376 wrote: »
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    If you have to think daily about the foods you eat, count calories, log....you're on a diet

Do you plan to continue to count calories and log after you’ve reached your weight loss goal and transition to maintenance?

No. I don't really want to live my life logging everything I eat...or counting calories.
    I've learned how to eat in good portions and stuck with it subconsciously.
    Yeah, I've done that, too - twice. Once I maintained for six months before I gained it all back, and once my subconscious stood by me for about two years before my weight started climbing again. I noticed that you've been on MFP for four months: how long has your subconscious been successfully monitoring your portion sizes for you?

😍
  • Evelyn_Gorfram
    Evelyn_Gorfram Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    amyepdx wrote: »
    I’ll admit to some forum stalking because this thread has been bugging me all week. OP has had WLS which seems to have contributed to her demonizing of food and then judging others’ choices.

Good point ... from what I understand people who have had WLS have some additional restrictions with regard to diet.
    Do you know whether those restrictions include sugary/high-fat desserts? If so, that would certainly help my understanding of OP's response to seeing a "Sundae Lunch" in someone's food diary.

• debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    lantana411 wrote: »
    Just want to remind you that I started this to better understand the reason why people log dessert or refined carb/sugar foods - were they trying to lose weight or track intake or what. It wasn't a thinly veiled hateful statement - it was a question to better understand. I didn't pass judgement on others and even stated that while I eat mostly lean protein and produce I'm not adverse to eating desserts, etc. as long as it doesn't start a binge for me. Thanks to those who shared their logic/goals in logging food. And for those who think I'm judgmental I feel for you - not my intention - I hope that whatever is causing you to make that assumption passes.

Do you log those desserts?
    It's hard to understand what you are trying to say. Either it's why would people eat 'bad' food or why would they bother logging it. Why wouldn't you log some things and not others!
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    If you have to think daily about the foods you eat, count calories, log....you're on a diet

Do you plan to continue to count calories and log after you’ve reached your weight loss goal and transition to maintenance?

No. I don't really want to live my life logging everything I eat...or counting calories.
    I've learned how to eat in good portions and stuck with it subconsciously.

There are lots of things I could do in life on my own - but choosing to rely on the tools and support available doesn’t diminish my experience or detract from my confidence in my results.

Well said :)

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    skram01 wrote: »
    skram01 wrote: »
    It seems like OP is either taking a judgemental look at a food diary of someone who has learned to incorporate everyday treats, or is taking a judgemental look at a diary of someone who eats mostly everyday treats and very few to no nutritionally dense foods.

If it's the first, that's a jerk move which people have already gone over with a fine tooth comb. If it's the second, it's a double jerk move. Logging can be one of the fundamental habits in helping you lose weight because it lets you track CICO and it helps you figure out what works and what doesn't. There are people who grew up in household where "junk" food was the norm and there wasn't exposure to a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables. These people grew up to be adults that needed to feed themselves and ate what they knew. Those same people may be on a journey to make a change. What's the best way to make a big, lasting change? With smaller and more manageable habits. Those diaries that OP may be judging are people who are simply getting in the habit of logging there food. Or, they are in the habit of logging and are simply working towards eating less. Either way, it's they're journey and they're choice as to what to eat. If someone wants to eat they're days calories in pizza, that's their choice. If you looked at someone's log and they were eating only beans and rice would you judge then as harshly? It's "healthy" foods. it can be considered eating clean, but it's not nutritionally diverse.

No matter how you slice it, judging other people's food choices is a dick move. Unless you come to someone with genuine concern about their health or they asked for your advice, then you don't get to have a voiced opinion about what they eat.

I'm fitting in a Dunkin Donut's Apple Crisp Donut & a small (wish it could be a large, but can't justify 1,360 calories at least today) for a Dairy Queen Reese's Outrageous Blizzard.

Hell yeah!! You rock! I usually go for the heath blizzard. Tonight I'm fitting in Thai food. And probably an ice cream cone. Actually, a custard because yummy and I'm under my calories for the week.

And in case anyone wants to judge me, I've lost 30.9 pounds while still fitting in and logging the occasional pizza and Chinese food plus having dessert most nights. Because I want to live my full life.

Ugh they didn't have anymore of the Apple Crisp Donut, but the Reese's Outrageous Blizzard was amazing! So much peanut buttery goodness.
This discussion has been closed.