The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Djproulx wrote: »
    Happy Friday, all.

Enjoyed my first session back with the trainer after taking 3 months off. We're beginning the offseason work on correcting my posture imbalances and then strengthening the posterior chain muscle groups for next season.

Today's lower temps and humidity are a big relief around here. I'm really looking forward to a bike ride tomorrow and then a swim/run on Sunday.

Hope everyone enjoys the long weekend!

Off season from what?

Just finished an 8 month training block that prepared me for the Ironman race at Mont Tremblant on August 19th. Now that its over, I'm winding down and getting back to basics in the gym. :)
  • crd262
    crd262 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    morning everyone. I'm here trying to get rid of the weight I gained through menopause. Any tips :)

No tips really, just empathy. It's tough. I always had the great metabolism, might put on some weight but always able to lose it pretty easily. Now though, ugh. I'll echo some of the above advice about limiting calories, but mostly just wanted to say you're not alone.
  • crd262
    crd262 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    stetienne wrote: »
    Good morning folks! After spending 30 minutes catching up on this thread (is there a way to subscribe, so I'm reminded to come back each day?), I just wanted say y'all are doing great! I have a birthday tomorrow (52 :# ) so I'm hoping to find motivation and stay on the right path.
    Make it a great day!

Happy birthday!
  • TallTravelGirl
    TallTravelGirl Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    42...need some new people after being gone from here a while :)
  • wendydoodle
    wendydoodle Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. I’m 47. I have just recently came back and need some new friends and encouragement. I have a lot of weight to lose but have started with some smaller goals.
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Good morning peeps. Here's hoping for a relaxing Saturday. I'm going to enjoy some outside time today I think. Will be winter before we know it. 😁
  • Anna022119
    Options
    dkjk1105 wrote: »
    What a way to start off a long weekend, leg workout 😡. At least the workout's done and can start enjoying a beautiful day. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Sounds like a tough one!

Exactly, have a great weekend.
  • Anna022119
    Options
    Sun is still shining here in the UK. Loving the milder weather. 🌞
  • Craig_King_1967
    Craig_King_1967 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Sunday at work once more but the pace is carrying on, still trying to shift weight and get healthier in the bargain. A nice long stroll around the car park after lunch is about all I will get in today in regards to exercise but tomorrow back into the gym once more I shall go :):)
  • Healthymom207
    Healthymom207 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm 39, I meet the criteria.....right???....lol :)
  • BrendanScrote
    BrendanScrote Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm in :)

I'm 56 and I'm 10lbs down and looking to loose another 90.

Started gentle exercising and feeling a lotter better for it, my key tools are MFP anf my Fitbit while my sworn enemy is red wine.

Feel free to add me
  • Aderlay
    Aderlay Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Good mornin' all! Very humid here again today... I miss AC at work. LOL
  • runnergirl089
    runnergirl089 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm 39, I meet the criteria.....right???....lol :)

Yes! Welcome!
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Happy almost end of summer!
    It's a hot one here. My boy has decided to get his sleep in now. I better go wake him up so we can get out and enjoy the sun and heat.
    I hope all the middle agers have had a great summer and are looking forward to the next part of the year
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,718 Member
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    I hope all the middle agers have had a great summer and are looking forward to the next part of the year

Amen! Autumn is just around the corner. My favorite time of the year! 🍁🍂

• tennileb
    tennileb Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    4-6 weeks till snowshoe season!
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    I hate rushing the seasons but fall and winter are my favourites. So cozy
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    I started the day with a swim and a trail run. No pacing, just a casual social event with my training partners. My wife and I will do some kayaking this afternoon, since its going to get warm and humid.

Have a great day, all!
  • SandyH2015
    SandyH2015 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Me me me! I am an "ish" as in 50ish. Actually, I am 49 and am a week back here to MFP. I have 100+ to lose and would love some friends to celebrate successes with as well as commiserate with. Feel free to add me!