The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• Cardioguy81
    Cardioguy81 Posts: 196 Member
    I'm starting an 8 week 5k program to prepare for turkey trot 5k, who wants to turkey trot thanksgiving morning?
  • shanonlh
    shanonlh Posts: 20 Member
    Hello, 40-something here working to get back in shape and feel better. Looking to connect with others who want to do the same! Add me, my diary is open!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    dely217 wrote: »
    I'm starting an 8 week 5k program to prepare for turkey trot 5k, who wants to turkey trot thanksgiving morning?

Would love to rehab my cranky heel in time to do this, it sounds like fun.
  • adpenland
    adpenland Posts: 2 Member
    edited September 2018
    Hello - lost almost 40 lbs on WW but have stalled last six months-have 25 lbs more to go. I started 3 days weight training + 3 days cardio per week during that time and gaining muscle so maybe its working itself out... Thought I'd get into MFP to mix things up. Feel free to add me; looking for motivation and support.
  • SandSeaSkySoul
    SandSeaSkySoul Posts: 212 Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    So my washer wasn't spinning. The repair guy said it is possibly not worth fixing but would cost over $200 for him to come out to check. Thank you google. I took it apart, had to get a new socket set, they're super cheap, had to get the jack from my car to help and managed to fish some stuff out and now it works

And best part....i now know where all those socks go that get lost.... The dryer doesn't eat them, the washing mashing does

Great job, Ali! B)

Thanks Duchess. My dad was always a Mr. Fixit guess I spent lots of time with him taking things apart. Thank goodness for YouTube though

I am not any good at fixing anything, I'm only good at building something via scratch!
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    Happy Humpday folks! 🌞
  • allisonlane161
    allisonlane161 Posts: 269 Member
    dely217 wrote: »

LOL. You run two turkey trots nearly daily.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Happy Wednesday everyone. It's steamy and hot out but supposed to break after today. So anyone want to come skate with me?
  • BradR_82
    BradR_82 Posts: 278 Member
    I'll skate! It was frosty here this morning!
  • allisonlane161
    allisonlane161 Posts: 269 Member
    Good morning. It's hot. It's muggy, for like the 90th day in a row. Come on Fall. I have some travel coming up which I hope will motivate me to lose a few more pounds of fat. I eat "intuitively" and it's working out great--for maintaining. Carpe diem.
  • AliNouveau
    BradR_82 wrote: »

where the heck are you BradR? It's hot and humid here but it's the last day for that thank goodness
  • BradR_82
    BradR_82 Posts: 278 Member
    BradR_82 wrote: »

where the heck are you BradR? It's hot and humid here but it's the last day for that thank goodness

Canada... I had to scrape my windows a bit this morning, no joke!
  • AliNouveau
    Well my part of Canada is due to break records with heat today.
  • crymil1227
    crymil1227 Posts: 23 Member
    Good Morning all! More rain here in Iowa we will most likely have some flooding tomorrow. But just over ten years since our last big flood we don't need another! Praying for friends and family in our flood plane. Hoping the rain stops and the rivers stay low! I did get intervals in on the treadmill since I am not big on running in the rain! Make it a great day!
  • I would love to get help from this awesome group. I will be 37 in November. I know 75 pounds is a thought goal when I'm close to forty but I will do it.
  • Late 30’s here. Working on overcoming dysfunctional eating habits I’ve had since childhood. Good to be here. I’ve been with Weight Watchers for a couple months but lately my goals for myself are the meshing well with their program so when my three months is up I’m not renewing.
  • solorex
    solorex Posts: 696 Member
    I would love to get help from this awesome group. I will be 37 in November. I know 75 pounds is a thought goal when I'm close to forty but I will do it.

Set intermediate goals while keeping an eye on the big picture. Climbing a plateau still feels like an accomplishment, even if it's only 1/10th of the way up the mountain. Nothing is unattainable if it's taking in small manageable bits.
  • tgail10
    tgail10 Posts: 16 Member
    Still getting my laps in the pool, despite the rain and there’s been a lot of rain. My pond is looking beautiful though!! It’s not all bad!!
  • esocha2060
    esocha2060 Posts: 8 Member
    Hey there, I’ve been using MyFitnessPal and Fitbit since April, and I’m having great results with both. I’m down 20 pounds and looking to come down another 40. I’m 54 and feeling good, all my doctors visits have been good. Looking for advice and comraderie here!