New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    So I went to Starbucks today and decided to try the new-ish almond protein blended cold brew coffee.... I’m NEVER getting it again! Horrible!
    My dad tried some sips and said it wasn’t disgusting, but agrees he didn’t enjoy it by any means. Very mediocre! But then again, I hate pea protein and I couldn’t get past it in this. Once in a great while something will use pea protein and be able to pull it off, but this isn’t one of those times. If you’re vegan you’ll probably like it, but they could’ve done better in my opinion.
    71ak18idwz7g.jpeg

I checked out the nutrition facts on this, and it is only 12g of protein (270 cal) for the almond and 10g (250 cal) for the Cacao! I can get 12g of protein in my grande skim vanilla latte for less calories (and much better taste). Not worth it to me. Very disappointing considering they advertise it as a protein drink.

The food industry has a weird notion of what 'protein' foods and drink mean.

• vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    https://www.masslive.com/expo/life-and-culture/erry-2018/09/9303a5655a9989/the-big-e-2018-eaters-guide-wh.html

BIG E will be here in 2 DAYS! three things I'm looking to try are the beignets w/ chocolate sauce (something the NE doesn't usually have), fried pumpkin pie, and waffle coated chicken bites w/ maple honey mustard
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    c6x1cs0itff6.jpeg
    Pumpkin pretzels sound kind of gross lol
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    We have a little backyard beekeeping operation
    Do you sell your honey?
    @AngryViking1970
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    DoubleUbea wrote: »
    We have a little backyard beekeeping operation
    Do you sell your honey?
    @AngryViking1970

We do! We have a little "farm stand" up by the road in front of the house.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Has anyone here tried either of these versions of Starbucks nitro cold brew? I’m hooked on the nitro, but I’ve only had the regular and salted caramel cream version so far (the latter being my favorite without a doubt)! I want to try one of the newer ones but I want to make sure it’s worth it!
    9hzzv2oovvau.jpeg
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    So I went to Starbucks today and decided to try the new-ish almond protein blended cold brew coffee.... I’m NEVER getting it again! Horrible!
    My dad tried some sips and said it wasn’t disgusting, but agrees he didn’t enjoy it by any means. Very mediocre! But then again, I hate pea protein and I couldn’t get past it in this. Once in a great while something will use pea protein and be able to pull it off, but this isn’t one of those times. If you’re vegan you’ll probably like it, but they could’ve done better in my opinion.
    71ak18idwz7g.jpeg

I checked out the nutrition facts on this, and it is only 12g of protein (270 cal) for the almond and 10g (250 cal) for the Cacao! I can get 12g of protein in my grande skim vanilla latte for less calories (and much better taste). Not worth it to me. Very disappointing considering they advertise it as a protein drink.

The food industry has a weird notion of what 'protein' foods and drink mean.

I mean I guess its somewhat impressive if its dairy free, but still there are other dairy free options with much more protein!
  • hgycta
    Options
    The dark cocoa nitro is pretty awful to be honest, way too bitter for my liking. I like the nitro because it’s less acidic, but the dark cocoa sort of adds that acidity back into the beverage. Definitely sticking to the salted cream nitro cold brew!!
    bjqwbzqbs5iz.jpeg
  • hgycta
    Options
    I'm really bummed Starbucks doesn't carry sugar free pumpkin sauce :( Actually, they don't carry a lot of sugar free in general). I get bored with the same old -- I like to experiment with new things. Kinda wish they'd expand and at least carry sugar free pumpkin, especially knowing how popular it is this time of year!

That would be amazing, and sugar free gingerbread!!! Much needed!

I’m eating the nut butter chocolate chip Shanti bar now and I really like it, it reminds me of Larabar. But it’s 80 calories for 18 grams, so per gram it’s 4.44 calories which is about 267 calories per 60 grams, which is about how much a a quest bar weighs. So for that reason I’m sticking with quest, which fills me more anyways. But it was good! I’ll report back if I have any weird hives!
    9o6m8ku1rqv7.jpeg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    I'm really bummed Starbucks doesn't carry sugar free pumpkin sauce :( Actually, they don't carry a lot of sugar free in general). I get bored with the same old -- I like to experiment with new things. Kinda wish they'd expand and at least carry sugar free pumpkin, especially knowing how popular it is this time of year!

Their SF syrups are so boring and not very good especially now that I buy the awesome skinny syrups lol. My coffees are sooooo much better than any I’ve ever bought,
  • tiredmommy17
    tiredmommy17 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    c9jla19q2ucc.jpeg

Found this at Walmart. Isn’t someone on here looking for it??
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    Guys o.o
    je5bu6za5ywn.jpeg

:)

Looks like new recipe from the old ones. a8ztoagy9m6t.png
  • vnb_208
    Options
    Guys o.o
    je5bu6za5ywn.jpeg

This look good!!!!
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    I have found those Jordan skinny syrups and TJ maxx and at Burlington coat factory- probably at some other stores too- I think someone said big Lots have them too.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    Guys o.o
    je5bu6za5ywn.jpeg

This look good!!!!

That was a pic of the old recipe, the new ones don't have the crunchy part on the outside!
  • BlessedMom70
    BlessedMom70 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    debtay123 wrote: »
    I have found those Jordan skinny syrups and TJ maxx and at Burlington coat factory- probably at some other stores too- I think someone said big Lots have them too.

Amazon has them too.

• hgycta
    Options
    Saw this in Walmart tonight! I picked one up since there was a coupon for a dollar off in the target cartwheel app so I paid $4 instead of $5 :) hope to try it tomorrow!
    tif1jdi0o3gb.jpeg

Also saw this, but I have no clue if it’s new or not
    h2bzh75kk2gj.jpeg

And I had another Shanti bar (caramel coconut). I didn’t like it as much as the chocolate version, but still not something I’ll get again since it wasn’t really filling. No hives, though!
  • vnb_208
    Options
    debtay123 wrote: »

Amazon has them too.

I get them at marshalls for 3.99