Burnin Thru Augus(Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    Sorry guys...was sick all day yesterday and it got really bad last night. I got my exercises in, calories under, 50 situps but missed my water...was so nauseas I just couldn't do it. Sorry.
    :frown: I hope you feel better,
  • Windedhl
    Windedhl Posts: 17
    Options
    I JUST TOUCHED MY TOES!!!!

i haven't been able to do that in YEARS! WOOOO!!!
  • SCC88
    SCC88 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear that Pooh :frown: hope you get well soon :flowerforyou:
    Congrats Windedhl!! WOOHOO! xx

I will tell you one thing that I have learnt whilst doing this August challenge - to appreciate strength training! Todays cardio killied me and I thought I was the cardio master! P-PHEW!
    200 jumping jacks completed (in sets of 100 :grumble: )
    100 EVIL mountain climbers completed
    and 30 lunges done because I forgot how many lol!!

Also 200 crunches done today, bringing my weekly total to 500!! WHOOP WHOOP half way there to my extra 10 points :bigsmile:

On a downside, I think all this additional exercise has made my muscles swell or retain water or sumfin because my scale wont move :mad:
  • JoyousRen
    Options
    Way to go Windedhl!

SCC88 ~ That isn't uncommon when new workout are started. It's temporary!
  • VelcroPooh
    VelcroPooh Posts: 152
    Options
    arg....have I mentioned I detest situps?

You may have mentioned it in passing...

BTW did you get the results from your tests?

Yes, I got the results last week when I went to get the stitches out. I have a rare autoimmune disease called linear/deep morphea. Still trying to read and research and wrap my head around it. Thanks for remembering :)

Joyous, thanks for the alternates, I did better with the lowers and the obliques but you were right, those will work you out! I actually think I like those...believe it or not. Regular situps always hurt my neck even when I do them with correct form so those were much better.

I finished the last of a medicine that had me on Saturday and I think I experienced major rebound yesterday from not taking it. I feel much better today and hopefully that will be the end of that!

I got all my exercises in for today but I did a modified mountain climber. My arm will not hold up to those well. This is what I did Joyous, I hope that's ok. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvMY-wklqr4 I got my water in, still working on my diary, but it will be fine.

I ended up with 25 situps yesterday and with Joyous's modified versions, got in 75 more today! Yay!
  • alwaysangel
    Options
    Hi Ladies. Sorry to hear about all the sickies. :frown:

I am exhausted day 2. Putting a classroom back together is tough work!! I bet I burned 1,000 cals again today.

3 checks for me today and 150 more crunches! 100 upper 50 lower. I'm sore all over tonight from the extra challenges and all the moving things and unpacking.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better for the muscles!

Love to you all!

Angel
  • Stephanie08
    Stephanie08 Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Yes, I got the results last week when I went to get the stitches out. I have a rare autoimmune disease called linear/deep morphea. Still trying to read and research and wrap my head around it. Thanks for remembering :)

Thank you for sharing. It sounds like something that may be managable with not too many flare ups hopefully?
  • Stephanie08
    Options
    Check in:

#3 200 JJs yes, 100 mountain thingies yes, 20 lunges yes

Water yes
    Food yes

50 more sit ups - for 150 so far

I may try dividing some up tomorrow.
  • Stephanie08
    Options

On a downside, I think all this additional exercise has made my muscles swell or retain water or sumfin because my scale wont move :mad:

<--- yeah, what she said!
  • Bre_Deveraux
    Options
    check for everything , im at 350 sit ups !
  • Windedhl
    Windedhl Posts: 17
    Options
    all good for my exercises so far this week, well as of wednesday anyway. so far i've done an additional 600 crunches. 500 of them were from tonight. unsypathetic boyfriends can be a great motivator for extra exercise.
  • JoyousRen
    Options
    Pooh~ Wow. That is pretty intense. I hope things work out for you. Is there anyway to treat it? No problem with providing variations. I know I couldn't do a ton of regular crunches. I get too bored plus I absolutely love the twist ones. Also, I don't see any problem with your mountain climber modification.

Windedhl~ Good job on the crunches. I'm sorry about the unsupportive boyfriend.

sbanth and Stephanie08~You are both doing great!
  • JoyousRen
    Options
    So, tomorrow after work, I am flying out west for a vacation in the Grand Canyon till late Wednesday. I intend to do the exercises while I'm gone but, while I will have some internet via my phone, I'm not sure how much and will be unable to update the spreadsheet for Gary or track ya'll. Would you rather have someone else take over the spreadsheet when I'm gone or just send me your exercise performance and weight so I can update it when I get back? It may be easier to just have me do it when I get back because th spreedsheet is some what confusing but it is up to you.
  • dbgirl23
    dbgirl23 Posts: 32
    Options
    Day 4:
    21's- done
    jumping jacks- done
    woodchops- done
    under calories and over water

READY FOR DAY 5!!! LET'S GO TEAM!!!
  • dbgirl23
    Options
    Well, I think I did the wrong day yesterday :(

I will be doing day 3 today, I guessed I looked at the wrong day when completing the challenge but regardless... it was completed so Day 4--- Let's Do this --- Not Day 5 yet, but I can dream, lol!!!
  • dbgirl23
    Options
    I think it will be fine if you update it when you get back Joy... But other team members may want it done sooner....
  • JoyousRen
    Options
    Well, I think I did the wrong day yesterday :(

I will be doing day 3 today, I guessed I looked at the wrong day when completing the challenge but regardless... it was completed so Day 4--- Let's Do this --- Not Day 5 yet, but I can dream, lol!!!
    Order doesn't matter as long as you do them. I'm probably going to do two workouts today since I'm not sure I'll get the chance Saturday.
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    So i forgot to check in for yesterday.

Everything was good!!

I havent been keepin everybody up on my crunches either....

Ive been doin 150 a day so thats

150 monday
    150 tuesday
    150 wednesday

Gonna do 150 today and 150 friday...ect ect.

I am trying to reach that 1000. I do 50 3x a day. Whoooo my tummy is still burnin. hahaha.
  • JoyousRen
    Options
    Nice job on those crunches!
  • VelcroPooh
    VelcroPooh Posts: 152
    Options
    No cure, but they can treat the symptoms. And Steph you are right, it goes into remission and has flare ups. They just treat the flare ups to try and get you back in remission, so hopefully...no major flares!

I'm good with you just catching up when you get back Joyous and us just continuing to update for when you get back. What about getting the next week's schedule? You want one of us to go get it off another teams page when it's published?