JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• blueimp
    blueimp Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Today I recalculated my macros. Monitoring them is the most helpful too I’ve learned from MFP.
    Here are my calculations:
    Basil Metabolic Rate (BMR): 996.5
    Total Daily Energy Expenditure (TDEE): 1195.8
    Daily calories deficit: 10-25% of TDEE—I’m not doing this right now because I need to get my activity level up first. I set daily calories at 1200 for now. Lee’s than this is neither healthy or sustainable for me.
    This week I’ve set these macro goals. I’ll give them a week and see what results I get.
    Protein 25%
    Fat 35%
    Carbs 40%
  • MLS1582
    MLS1582 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    MLS1582 wrote: »
    S
    Well on a bright note I paid off two debts and made a payment on another! This is very exciting because they have been hanging over our heads for the longest time. Lol.

My family has been debt free for a few years and now, and it feels SO good! Congratulations on your payments!!!

@HEGoddard0928 I paid off a card this week and wanted to do a happy dance, except I'm still not fully weight-bearing yet! What a great feeling Hannah!

@MLS1582 Can I ask if you used the Dave RAmsey method? I'm reading his book and it feels so overwhelming right now!

We did not. Shortly after getting married we decided that my student loans had to go, so we dropped cable, moved into a cheap apt. and I took a second job. We paid off the student loans in less than a year, and it was such a huge relief. Being able to make financial decisions from a position of wealth instead of debt is a very powerful and freeing thing, but after our son was born and we'd purchased new cars, we found ourselves with a bit of debt again. Again we cut all costs, picked up any extra jobs we could, and knocked it out very quickly. Again, we felt that freedom and swore we'd never go back. We now save first, buy only AFTER we can afford it, and owe on nothing but our mortgage. It sometimes get dicey, but we've learned to barter for needs we don't have money for, and we go without a lot of wants (my laptop is 7 years old, hubby's car has 120,000 + miles on it, when our lawn mower died we traded our tiller for a mower that works, I buy almost all my school clothes at used/thrift stores). We were very lucky that our debt was never very big, and we've never had massive medical bills or things like that.

I will say that we keep a monthly budget on Excel. It's just a simple list of all our bills and our allotted spending money (we lump gas, food, entertainment, etc all together in one sum that we pay ourselves on the 1st and 15th of each month). We make sure the budget balances on paper, then if we're having trouble sticking to the spending portion (since that's the only variable), we take that out in cash and when the green is gone, we get creative or we lower our bills or find ways to earn extra money.
  • MLS1582
    MLS1582 Posts: 71 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    JFT - Thursday

I did, in fact, log everything today! YAY! (1590 calories)
    I did not do my 10 minute workout - well unless you count wall squats while monitoring hallways. I like to think that may have added up to 10 minutes :wink:
    Abs were done though!
  • SammieS42
    SammieS42 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I will get a good nights sleep.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    Well, I've been walking for the most part without crutches this week, but my leg is really, really sore today, so I'm thinking I weaned off a bit quicker than I was supposed to, so today I'm paying for it by icing the swollen incision areas and using a heating pad on my back. I'm SO BORED! I wish I could at least go down into the basement and sew on Bex's quilt for Casey but stairs are still out of the question. Last night I found some old knitting needles and yarn I picked up one day at St. Vincent de Paul thrift shop and reminded myself how to night a long thin rectangle. LOL! I'm guessing it will be...drumroll please.............a scarf!

This weekend is opening hunting season and my husband will be going with his two sons and one of the grandsons on Saturday and Sunday, so I'm going to ask him to bring my sewing machine and some of my supplies upstairs to the dining room table so I have something to do and don't get tempted to try the stairs on my own. I've been known to do things like that and they don't usually end well...

I am feeling extremely bloated and am feeling really uncomfortable in my clothes since I've been off. I eat and I get absolutely no activity at all. The more bored I get (when my DH is not home) the more crap I shove in my mouth. Not good.

I totally forgot you even had surgery! And the follow up appointment! It's good that you got around alot without crutches, you've got some determination! But do take it easy and know your limit!

The knitting thing made me laugh so much, something I haven't done all week but then it hurt to laugh, you could make a scarf for Casey LOL

Don't try the stairs. That's just like me! Always thinking I can do stuff but I just can't! Be patient! Like you, it never ends well for me either.

My only advice for whilst your our of action is to eat at maintanence, or even just a 100 calories short of maintenance.
    Could your partner help you pack some snacks up so you can stuff your face when he's out but healthily lol?
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    @Faebert thanks for the well wishes x

@snowflake1968 can't believe the snow, up until February 2018, that was like our yearly amount LOL!
    Then we had some crazy mini blizzard in Feb whilst I was having casey!
    The UK weather has been very different this year to what I remember from the last few years. The seasons seem slightly off track lol.
    So no idea what the snow will hold for us here but let's face it, its no competition for the US.
    Also happy birthday! Sorry I missed it x
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I AM MARY CHERRY ROBINSON AND I MATTER IN THIS LIFE.
    I AM A STAR IN THIS UNIVERSE AND I WILL SHINE DAY AND NIGHT.
    I AM A WOMAN WITH WONDER IN MY BREASTS, I AM STRONG, I AM SMART,
    I AM GREAT AT BEING MY BEST.
    I AM SPIRITUAL, INSIGHTFUL, ABSOLUTELY DELIGHTFUL, AND I'M NO LONGER A PRISONER TO ANY OF MY FAILED TESTS!
    I DECLARE MY STEPS ARE POWERFUL AND PURPOSEFUL, AND DRIVEN WITH STRIDE..NO LONGER STUMBLING OVER MY OWN FOOLISH PRIDE!
    I AM HUMBLE IN SPIRIT, EARS TUNED TO GOD'S HEART DAILY, I ASK YOU LORD LET ME HEAR IT...TO DO ALL OF YOUR PLAN FOR THIS LIFE.. ON MY OWN? NO LORD, I LOOK TO YOU WHO'S ALWAYS THERE TO WIN THE BATTLES I NEED NOT FIGHT!
    by: Inspiration of The Holy Spirit through Mary Cherry Robinson,
    September 14, 2018 at 4:45 a.m.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Checking in from Thursday
    1. AM speed run: 12 laps, timed on even laps 2-10, aim for <1:40. Feed cats. PLEX Flexibility sequence. Shower. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. Review Week 8 plans and draft. Make coffee. Write blog post. Print research materials. Sign up for Chrome cart.
    3. Class 2-3: Presentations. One-Pager. Villain narrative.
    4. Class 4: Finish Presentations. Check for PRs returned; parent calls. Intro Research.
    5. Review week 4 essay. Input back work. Edit Character Analysis Presentation guidelines - remove slides 1 & 6.
    6. Update class websites. Week 4 post 2. Print summer project for E. Grocery list. Choose meals for next week.
    7. PM duty. CALL N ABOUT LOAN TERMS. Zumba 5:30. Week 4 comments. Quiz. Dinner: Strawberry smoothie.
    8. Plan out and log meals for Friday. Prep lunch. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 4:50.

JFT Friday
    1. AM long run: 20 laps, aim for <1 hr. Feed cats. Shower. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. Find a blog post written in September and comment. Make coffee. Finish Week 8. Draft week 9.
    3. Class 2-3: One-Pager. Villain narrative. Return Socratic papers.
    4. Class 4 - Research. Check on progress report for CW. Calls for no returned report for AW and CB.
    5. Parent calls for no prior contact AND for students with INCs and/or other concerns. Review semester plan. What is my purpose for each unit? Sketch out semester block. Sign up for computer time.
    6. Update class websites. Grade late reflections and add to response document. Input grades.
    7. Dinner: ??? Send D for groceries. Prep saag and freeze.
    8. Prep Sat lunch and dinner. Chop celery. Meds. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 4:50.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    August 2018: 187.4
    Today: 185.2

Upcoming to-do:
    1. Develop 5PE mini-unit. Use after JC as a sponge; combine with challenge books. Maybe a comparison with another required text? Have students ask a parent or teacher what the most significant text they studied was, and then create a comparison between their challenge book and that text - which has more value and why? Possibly do the one-sheet as an assessment.
    2. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check on #engchat on Mondays at 7?
    3. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Appt w D 10/22 9:20; McC 10/22 10:15. Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up.
    4. Organize and grade narratives. Update parent group lists with NAMES. Note reply emails.
    5. Check on conference; follow up on seminar proposal. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, creativity, responsibility, optimism - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    6. Return mascara to Walmart with receipt. Go to used bookstore; take bags-of-bags and look for Beauty (McKinley), Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman) and The Prince (tr. Tim Parks).
    7. Put jewelry away. Yikes! Reinforce patches on old pants.
    8. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac.
    9. Make plan for classroom observations; ask other teachers about projects or lessons they feel confident about.
    10. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another.
    11. Convert lesson plans to unit format.
    12. Design minibuttons with school logo, mascot, crest.
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    ZenCloud99 wrote: »
    Just for today I will start a plan to live more healthier. I will read up on nutrition and spend some time meditating. Just beginning this journey and hopefully I will pick up a few friends on the way.

@ZenCloud99
    Good Morning! Welcome and enjoy the journey! Here, you're welcome, you'll find great encouragement, and open minds.
    Feel free to join in the conversations respectfully. Hugs and High Five for choosing to add to your life. Enjoy!🌹
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY Thursday 9/13/18
    1) Log all my food for the day :)
    2) Stay "in the green" with my calorie total for the day :)
    3) Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake for the day :)
    4) Drink 8 glasses of water before having my Diet Coke :/
    5) Go to the gym :)
    6) Work on orders from my shop :)
    7) Bring embroidery machine to the repair shop :)

JFT Friday 9/14/18
    1) Log all my food for the day
    2) Stay "in the green" with my calorie total for the day
    3) Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake for the day
    4) Drink 8 glasses of water before having my Diet Coke
    5) Go to the gym
    6) Work on orders from my shop
    7) Pack for the last camping weekend of the season.
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options

JFT == Thursday
    1. Log all food for the day ✅
    2. Drink at least 8 glasses of water ✅
    3. Walk at Home video; try to push past 10 min ✅
    4. Call insurance re coverage ✅
    5. Book eye appointment ✅
    6. Visit Senior Services 3 center & join best fit :/

JFT -- Friday
    1. Log all food for the day
    2. Drink at least 8 glasses of water
    3. Walk at Home video; try to push past 10 min
    4. Meet friends for breakfast
    5. Visit Senior Services 3 centers / tour each / decide best fit
    6. Locate stock document; call for info
    7. Take coat to dry cleaners
    8. Get booklet from Secy of State office

Will probably be away from home most of the day. Need to go to Secretary of State office to get driving booklet to study before I take test. The test has several questions about kids / carseats / belts that I never remember because I don't need to know it since I never have kids in my car. Plus, it's a good refresher. My birthday is next month and since I've renewed via mail the last 3-4 years, I have to take the written and vision test this year.

Spent way too long on the phone yesterday chasing down info with my medical insurance company. First, I needed info on vision coverage. Found out the exam is covered 100% and frames & lens at 40% discount -- better coverage than I expected so am happy about that. Made an appointment for next week. Sooooo, if I fail my vision test at Secy of State office, I can retake it after I get new glasses.

Then called re medical coverage ... what a fiasco ... talked to 4 different people; no one could find my coverage; insisted on talking to the supervisor's supervisor and got someone who actually knew what they were doing (wasted at least 1/2 an hour darnit!!). Good news here as well. Physical exam, bloodwork, bone density, and mamogram are all covered at 100% as long as they're labeled as preventative and not as diagnostic. When I started work, I enrolled in all health/medical/life insurance plans. About every 5-7 years, they would upgrade the plans but I always opted to stay with the old plan (my friends chose new plans because they cost less while I paid a bit more to keep the old plan). I was worried about costs because my brother just went through the process and his coverage is more like 50% ... YEA ME!! I called and got an appointment in October with the Physician's Assistant at the doc's office. Not thrilled about waiting a month now that I've made up my mind to do this ... but it is what it is. Since my family has been after me for several years to do this, they'll be thrilled.

Still can't seem to push past 10 minutes of the walking video. Decided to see if joining a fitness class would help because it's a structured environment. Each of our Senior Centers has some unique offerings so it will be interesting to visit and see where I might best fit. May not get to them today but will keep them on my list so it does get done soon. I think being in a public class type environment will help motivate me to push myself.

That's it for me. Hope Y'all have a successful day. :)

• jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I AM MARY CHERRY ROBINSON AND I MATTER IN THIS LIFE.
    I AM A STAR IN THIS UNIVERSE AND I WILL SHINE DAY AND NIGHT.
    I AM A WOMAN WITH WONDER IN MY BREASTS, I AM STRONG, I AM SMART,
    I AM GREAT AT BEING MY BEST.
    I AM SPIRITUAL, INSIGHTFUL, ABSOLUTELY DELIGHTFUL, AND I'M NO LONGER A PRISONER TO ANY OF MY FAILED TESTS!
    I DECLARE MY STEPS ARE POWERFUL AND PURPOSEFUL, AND DRIVEN WITH STRIDE..NO LONGER STUMBLING OVER MY OWN FOOLISH PRIDE!
    I AM HUMBLE IN SPIRIT, EARS TUNED TO GOD'S HEART DAILY, I ASK YOU LORD LET ME HEAR IT...TO DO ALL OF YOUR PLAN FOR THIS LIFE.. ON MY OWN? NO LORD, I LOOK TO YOU WHO'S ALWAYS THERE TO WIN THE BATTLES I NEED NOT FIGHT!
    by: Inspiration of The Holy Spirit through Mary Cherry Robinson,
    September 14, 2018 at 4:45 a.m.

YES!!!!! I hear you 🙌🏻
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 I knew I forgot someone yesterday! I’m so sorry for everything you’re going through. You are such a supermom I can’t imagine dealing with that on top of everything else. I’m glad you know what it is now! Take care of yourself and know your tribe is here for you *hugs*
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    JFT - Thursday Sept 13
    2L of Water - :)
    Calories in Green by 150? - :/ 111 I'll take it after the last few days
    Outside 15 Minutes? - :( The snow didn't stop until around 8pm last night
    5 Fruits and Veggies - :) 6
    Write in Journal - :/ Forgot

JFT - Friday Sept 14
    2L of Water
    Calories in Green by 150
    Outside 15 Minutes?
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Write in Journal

Fruits and Veggies
    Sept 1st - 0/5
    Sept 2nd - 3/5
    Sept 3rd - 4/5
    Sept 4 - 5/5
    Sept 5 - 5/5
    Sept 6 - 4/5
    Sept 7 - 0/5
    Sept 8 - 1/5
    Sept 9 - 2/5
    Sept 10 - 2/5
    Sept 11 - 3/5
    Sept 12 - 2/5
    Sept 13 - 6/5

I had a good birthday yesterday, heard from lots of family and friends. There is something happening Saturday night for a celebration. I am not sure what, it was going to be a surprise but I started making some plans to do something so had to be told to butt out, my daughters have it covered.

I painted my bathroom, the first coat last night. I think I'll like it when it's done, its a pale yellow. I need to change out some of my decorations though. I wanted to get it done before my new to me washer/dryer arrive on Saturday TOMORROW! This counted as my exercise last night. I told my husband by the time I was done all the painting and taping I felt like I had done squats for 2 hours straight.

I'll post before and after pics when I have it all put back together.

I think I need to come up with a plan for exercise during the winter months. I know I'm not going to be able to get out and walk like I have been.

@PackerFanInGB - That will be nice to have your sewing machine upstairs. Being laid up and alone would drive me insane.

@sarah74_vt - Hope your embroidery machine is not a costly repair, that is your livelihood isn't it?

@MLS1582 - Wow, no debt! That is amazing. Logging for the weekend is a good idea. I log every day no excuses, the good, bad and ugly days, it helps keep me accountable to myself.

@jeschepp - You didn't miss my birthday it was yesterday. Good job on the walking/jogging. I have a few times on my walks tried jogging from one sign to another. I think if I was more consistent with it I would do all right for longer. I tend to talk to a friend that is struggling on my walks so it slows me down some. It's OK though she needs support now more than I need to rush weight loss.

@Bex953172 - I wouldn't want to lose weight that way either. Hope the antibiotics kick in and you're feeling better soon. I have a cousin that lives in England somewhere. I remember when it snowed over there, she was surprised by it. It has stopped here and will probably all melt today, but it's supposed to snow and rain most of the weekend.

@maryrobinson40 - You are such an inspiration, I love how positive you remain even through the struggles.

@Cesse47 - Does everyone have to take the drivers test in your state after renewing online or is it after a certain age? Just curious.

• AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT Thursday
    1. Be kind :)
    2. Log all food >:)
    3. Lots of water :)
    4. Cook dinner at home >:)
    5. Do some stretching and meditation tonight :)

Needing to be really gentle with myself lately. Scaling back my commitments and doing a bit of a reset this weekend. Self care is taking precedent over weight loss. Reminding myself that this is a way of life, a new way of eating, what I'm going to be doing for the rest of my life - so taking a weekend to reset is still part of the grand plan - it's self care to make sure I don't burn out on this way of eating and go back to bad habits. I think I'll take the weekend off of logging. I plan to log well into maintenance and beyond, but I think it would be naive of me to think I'm always going to do it 100% right 100% of the time and not burn out. So this weekend is a little practice in letting go of some control but still trusting myself to make smart(er) choices.

JFT, Tomorrow and Sunday
    1. Be kind
    2. Drink lots of water
    3. Take meds and fish oil
    4. Be present