Let it GO! Decluttering (simplifying) your life of (people, places or things) success stories?

Replies

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    edited September 2018
    Orphia wrote: »
    Other ongoing decluttering / cleaning efforts also done today:

De-gunked the washing machine filter.

Wiped down the washing machine.

Wiped down my yoga mat.

I so appreciate when you post here, you're CONSTANTLY providing me with new ideas and motivation too.
    I so need to "de-gunk" the washing machine filter AND vacuum out inside the dryer filter area too--thank so much for the reminder!
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    Girrrllllll...I almost choked on my water, after reading "Sitting here worrying that hurricane Florence may be about to declutter my house for me." This is soooooo serious, but I am cracking up over here at you talking about the hurricane decluttering your house for you :o ---that is so FUNNNNNNNNNYYYY :D ---help me LORD, it's so NOT funny, but it's so funny (the way you put it) this is so serious/scary at the same time :# ! I LOVE your attitude so much Snoo. Please keep us posted and know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers![/quote]

I'm glad you found it funny! I figure its better to laugh than cry, especially when you can't do anything about whats happening. Thanks for your prayers, they are appreciated. :)
  • snoo61
    edited September 2018
    @ Snowflake1968 thank you. We are 2 days away from the actual storm, but preparations are continuing. Board up windows tomorrow and we should be done. First storm symptoms begin tomorrow afternoon.
    Once we lose power, I won't post until the hurricane has passed. Have to save battery to let family know we're ok.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    @snoo61 Hugs. Will be hoping the hurricane dies out quickly.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    snoo61 wrote: »
    Florence is moving in. We still have power, winds increasing, and constant rain. Here we go! I'll check in as soon as I can. You all take care!

{{{{{{{{{{{ <3 SNOO <3 }}}}}}}}}}}} PLEASE know that I (and a LOT of other people who may not post) are praying for you and your family now and even when you first posted about this. As much as is within you FEAR NOT (easier said than done and especially from an "anonymous" person on the internet..but FEAR NOT) but and again, know that you are in the thoughts and prayers of many...including me. PLEASE keep us posted beloved. {{{{{{{{ Hugs again }}}}}}}}}

Lastly, I so admire you and the way you "think" and operate!
    fear-is-not-real-it-is-the-product-of-thougts-you-create.jpg
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited September 2018
    Orphia wrote: »
    @snoo61 Hugs. Will be hoping the hurricane dies out quickly.

THIS...big time!!!! o:)<3o:)
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    @snoo61 - I hope you are fairing well in the storm.

@NewLifestyle - I love what you said about the changes in your relationship with your husband. I feel changes already occurring with my husband too. We have had a very rough past dozen years and I was ready to say goodbye last year at this time. I'm so glad he convinced me to keep trying.

I ran away this weekend to spend time with my cousin who is on a decluttering kick right now. She goes through every fall and empties all closets and drawers. She either gives things away or sells them on facebook yardsale sites.

Part of her revamping this year was buying all new appliances for her kitchen. I am buying her "old" ones. They are probably 5 years newer than my current ones. I'm so excited! Her son will be delivering them on Saturday. Then my husband talked to a co-worker who owns an appliance business. He is going to take my old kitchen appliances and broken stacking washer/dryer in exchange for a refurbished washer/dryer! I may have the means to do laundry in my house for the first time in 2 years by this weekend! I'm keeping my hopes up it all works out!

{{{{{{{{ Big ole HUGS and the highest of fives }}}}}}}}}}}}} to you Snow! How thrilling about your "new/old" love relationship with your beloved. I'm so GLAD he convinced to to keep trying. Also, the good news is it gets better and better as time goes by too. It's utterly amazing how when we change (instead of waiting for the other person to change first) how all kinds of YUM happens in/thru/to us.

What's also tremendous in this decluttering extravaganza AND our weight blastification is how much better we feel about ourselves and our environment and how "nicer" our outlook and everything becomes. We roll with the punches and "see" we have choices instead of giving ourselves over to yuck at the first sign of not getting our way or mess in general. YOU ROCK and I'm oh so thrilled you are on and contribute to this thread. Thanks boo!

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    anl90 wrote: »
    I have a bad habit of holding onto clothes which are too big for me. I think I see myself as larger than what I actually am, so to me they are what I should be wearing, but my husband says I always wear clothes too loose fitting. So yesterday I donated 2 trash bags and 1 big box worth of clothes which no longer fit, and it felt so good doing so. :)

BOOOOOM! Somebody's winning and is a winner and that somebody is YOU! Keep up the tremendous work and thank you so much for contributing to this thread...how inspirational!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Florence is moving in. We still have power, winds increasing, and constant rain. Here we go! I'll check in as soon as I can. You all take care!

{{{{{{{{{{{ <3 SNOO <3 }}}}}}}}}}}} PLEASE know that I (and a LOT of other people who may not post) are praying for you and your family now and even when you first posted about this. As much as is within you FEAR NOT (easier said than done and especially from an "anonymous" person on the internet..but FEAR NOT) but and again, know that you are in the thoughts and prayers of many...including me. PLEASE keep us posted beloved. {{{{{{{{ Hugs again }}}}}}}}}

Lastly, I so admire you and the way you "think" and operate!
    fear-is-not-real-it-is-the-product-of-thougts-you-create.jpg

We are through the worst of the wind
    3 more days of rain to come. We shouldn't flood at our house, but 24+ inches is a lot.
    I'm not really afraid, now if it was my daughter here, I'd be freaking out. 😆
    Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. I'll check back when I can! <3

o:)<3o:)
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited September 2018
    I was looking at candle reviews and saw this video on the side...it totally had NOTHING to do with candles, but I click on it and words simply won't describe how very moving, inspirational, tear-jerking and at the same time motivating and yet shocking, amazing, eye-opening and ULTRA THOUGHT PROVOKING this is to me regarding "seeming" hardship/impossibility of LETTING GO of stuff-- decluttering AND getting down to size and maintaining both. WOW, though these videos have nothing what so ever to do with permanently ridding y/our lives of clutter and excess, unhealthy, unattractive fat off of our minds and bodies--these videos has a DEEP impact on decluttering as well. o:) HER ATTITUDE---DEAR GOD, IT'S AMAZINGLY INSPIRING--WOW! o:)This woman's attitude is nothing less than powerful ( FULL of power) to me. Also again, even though she isn't discussing weight blastification nor decluttering, it also inspires me something tremendous too--in both of these areas of struggle and woe and CHANGE. Check out the UPDATE first...

UPDATE: Dee Living on $800 a month in a Cargo Trailer
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7qCgNOF_M0

Living in a Car on $800 a Month
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0EoyTzcFOI

• snoo61
    @NewLifesyle4ME I'm looking forward to seeing those videos. We are still without power, but we are hoping it'll be on tonight. 6 days is hard in this heat. We have a generator, so we can run some fans, thank God! No damage here, but my house(inside) looks like a hurricane hit it! Will get it back to just bad when I can see! :D
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    We have power! Sending up a prayer for all the workers from not only NC, but all 17 states that came to help! God bless them all!

{* Cue up the MOST cheerful & happy music/tune you've EVER heard and put in these lyrics *}

From the song "Happy Days Are Here Again"
    Happy days are here again
    The skies above are clear again
    So let's sing a song of cheer again
    Happy days are here again

YAY {{{{ <3 SNOO <3 }}}}

I am sooooooooooooooo rejoicing with you and Thanking and Praising God with you as well!!!! I'm so GLAD all is better--so VERY glad. YAYYYYYY again!

@NewLifesyle4ME I'm looking forward to seeing those videos. We are still without power, but we are hoping it'll be on tonight. 6 days is hard in this heat. We have a generator, so we can run some fans, thank God! No damage here, but my house(inside) looks like a hurricane hit it! Will get it back to just bad when I can see! :D

You're simply the BEST, LOVE your attitude so much. {{{{ Smiles and Hugs }}}}}
  • snoo61
    @NewLifesyle4ME congratulations, you continue to inspire me! I really should take measurements.
    I have noticed that the decluttering has been making my clothes looser.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!