Let it GO! Decluttering (simplifying) your life of (people, places or things) success stories?

Replies

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    @NewLIFEstyle4ME Bravo on your weight loss!!!

You'll find as you get closer to goal, the weekly drops can be masked by water weight fluctuations due to being female, sodium, exercise, and so on. Be patient, and you'll see drops over a longer timeframe.

You might like this thread:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/113609/relatively-light-people-trying-to-get-leaner/p1
  • I'm keeping my decluttering and weight-loss goal progress here on this thread. As of today, I'm down .2lbs from the last time I posted (almost a month ago). So, I'm down 58.8lbs as of today (161.0lbs o:) today from highest of 219.8lbs :# ). One might be tempted to be downcast or something of that ilk, but NOT me, no way. So what if the scale has only gone down .2lbs in a month. My inches loss is tremendous too. This month my neck is .5 inches down, my arms are .5 inches down and my hips/butt is .5 inches down too. BEST OF ALL...my bodyfat percentage has gone down 1 whole point, so now my bodyfat% is 20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's the lowest EVER! My highest body fat% was 47% to 48%+ (when I first started on Mfp, it was OVER 50% and my bodyfat% didn't even register--so 20% is just WONDERFUL TO ME) So, of course, I'm counting it ALL joy. How wonderful it will be to reach a big ole 60lbs down, but 58.8...I'll take it with joy! o:)<3o:)

Great job!!!!!!!!!!!!

• snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    Orphia wrote: »

You'll find as you get closer to goal, the weekly drops can be masked by water weight fluctuations due to being female, sodium, exercise, and so on. Be patient, and you'll see drops over a longer timeframe.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/113609/relatively-light-people-trying-to-get-leaner/p1

This was an interesting read. I'm not close to this, as far as reaching my goal, but it reiterated taking measurements. I will be doing it today! Or is it better to measure in the morning?
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    snoo61 wrote: »
    @NewLifesyle4ME congratulations, you continue to inspire me! I really should take measurements.
    I have noticed that the decluttering has been making my clothes looser.

Thank you so much Snoo! <3 Man! I LOVE inspiring/encouraging you and others so much..I just LOVE IT--just as much if not more than others encouraging me. Giving impetus to/for others to CHANGE (or at the very least, begin to "see" things from another more doable, if not different perspective) makes me feel so tremendous to motive others, again...as I motive others, it motives me even more--BOOM!
    tumblr_lt1670Q9DI1qc4uvwo1_400.jpg

Honey measuring yourself is the bombdotcom, period. You will be AMAZED at how many inches you are losing vs. scale weight. I measure myself at least once per month. Here's what measurement I take:

head
    neck
    chest
    waist
    hips
    butt
    right arm
    left arm
    right thigh
    left thigh
    right leg
    left leg
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME

Wow & BOOM!

O, I feel like I just found a million dollars (tax free) with this link you so wonderfully posted. For some "strange" reason...I never could fully comprehend this type of thinking and this post has given/blessed me with a "By George, I think I've got it" light bulb moment. Thank you ever so much for posting this--you ROCK, period. o:)<3o:)
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    I'm keeping my decluttering and weight-loss goal progress here on this thread. As of today, I'm down .2lbs from the last time I posted (almost a month ago). So, I'm down 58.8lbs as of today (161.0lbs o:) today from highest of 219.8lbs :# ). One might be tempted to be downcast or something of that ilk, but NOT me, no way. So what if the scale has only gone down .2lbs in a month. My inches loss is tremendous too. This month my neck is .5 inches down, my arms are .5 inches down and my hips/butt is .5 inches down too. BEST OF ALL...my bodyfat percentage has gone down 1 whole point, so now my bodyfat% is 20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's the lowest EVER! My highest body fat% was 47% to 48%+ (when I first started on Mfp, it was OVER 50% and my bodyfat% didn't even register--so 20% is just WONDERFUL TO ME) So, of course, I'm counting it ALL joy. How wonderful it will be to reach a big ole 60lbs down, but 58.8...I'll take it with joy! o:)<3o:)

Great job!!!!!!!!!!!!

{{{{{{{{{{ <3 Hugs and Thanks IHMAT <3 }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited September 2018

This was an interesting read. I'm not close to this, as far as reaching my goal, but it reiterated taking measurements. I will be doing it today! Or is it better to measure in the morning?

I measure anytime, I don't have a particular time to do it. Now that you mention it and I think about it--I usually measure in the afternoon, but sometimes at night and sometimes in the morning. Give yourself 100% freedom of measuring yourself anytime of day or night that you so desire and jolly well feel like doing it, absolutely NO fuss and NO muss. o:)<3o:) I use measuring as a tool. I always and forever want to use measuring, the scale and other weight blastification tools and things as servants and NOT masters anymore. Why? Because for YEARS in this battle I "allowed" these type of things/pattterns/habits to become my masters(compulsion/obsession and to "control" me (thus being my "master" instead of my servant) and BAM! that opened the doors to frustration and all kinds of other miseries and woe and depression and again, yuck!

ETA: Oh, I forgot something important...when I measure I usually have on something that fits close to my body, like leggings and sports bra or something like that--that's important!
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    Y'all have inspired me to tackle my home! It drives me crazy that I can't properly close one of my kitchen drawers. It's the one that holds the big ladles, knives, pizza cutter, etc. I'm convinced that there are things I can declutter. Looking forward to getting home and exploring it!

One of my random thoughts-- I feel rested when I go on vacation and stay in a hotel room. But why? Maybe it's because that room doesn't have the clutter that I have at home. The hotel room has just the necessary basics.

Oh. What so what do I do with all the half empty bottles of shampoo hanging around my bathroom?

Either use them up or chuck them out now.
  • snoo61
    I have the house back to bad as of today. Tomorrow I will start again working toward better :). Hope everyone is having a good weekend!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited September 2018
    I have the house back to bad as of today. Tomorrow I will start again working toward better :). Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

{{{{ <3 YAY and High Fives too o:) }}}}}}}}
    I cleaned out 2 kitchen drawers today. Surprisingly, I didn't have to get rid of a lot. My spice cupboard is not working, so I am trying to find a drawer to put them in! At least 2 drawers are washed and sorted! :)

Cleaning and washing out drawers is so smart--you're doing it and most important--you want too--BOOM! Little by little, step by step--that's the ticket, for SURE! .
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,687 Member
    {{{*CUE the LOUDEST most ALARMING--yet--EXCITING firetruck, police car, heck helicopter sounds EVER*}}}}

{{{{*CUE the sights and sounds of the MOST happy/cheering parade you can EVER imagine*}}}}}

Okay, WHEW, I'm all hyped up and totally soooooooooo THRILLED! Okay, so I'm in the laundry room doing my beloved husband's folding and preparing to iron this clean laundry, right?!? Well, he passes me by and says:
    "Wow cutie, you're looking slimmmmmmm and gooooooodddddd!!! So, as I'm getting his jeans, ready to iron them, I get this CRAZY idea...to try on a pair of his jeans! Now my husband is a slim and trim tall handsome stud. EVERYONE in my family is slim and trim, except for me. Anyhoo, I try his jeans on and THEY FIT--DID YOU HEAR ME? THEY FIT!!!! Yes, I could button them all the way up and YES, I did have the dreaded "muffin top" in them--BUT THEY FIT!!!!

I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO FIT HIS JEANS IN 15 (MAYBE EVEN 17 YEARS OR MORE....THEYYYYYY FITTTTTT!!!!

I'm am so excited about this. My beloved is a size 32-33 waist (he's 6"2 and about 175-180lbs or so). I'm am so humbled I could SCREAM!!!! I'm going to include the ugly muffin top photo, just to keep me humble and to geek me up to continue on this fabulous road of slim and trimdom!

BOOOOOOOM--THEY FIT!!!!! WOW!!! Thank you Jesus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i534b7snxalg.jpg

2cslpud1c8jr.jpg

TO KEEP ME HUMBLE...HERE'S THE MUFFIN TOP PIC---Bring it, I'm thrilled and excited that I haven't arrived, but I'm almost there!!!! YEAH Baby YEAH!!!!!

ebvnhyl2txz8.jpg

o:)<3o:) YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wooooohoooooo YaY for you!🏆🏆🏆
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Weekend chores done!

Not only maintaining decluttered house, but I also removed a mat from under the coffee paraphernalia, sugar, salt, and pepper area, wiped it all down and replaced it with a new non-stick mat that protects the shelf paint.

The answer is YES! You're ALWAYS giving us good ideas. The idea that you have given me is to find a super cupe non-stick pad to put under my coffee pot. NEVER would have "thunk" it, if you hadn't mention it. Thanks O! o:)
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    {{{*CUE the LOUDEST most ALARMING--yet--EXCITING firetruck, police car, heck helicopter sounds EVER*}}}}

{{{{*CUE the sights and sounds of the MOST happy/cheering parade you can EVER imagine*}}}}}

Okay, WHEW, I'm all hyped up and totally soooooooooo THRILLED! Okay, so I'm in the laundry room doing my beloved husband's folding and preparing to iron this clean laundry, right?!? Well, he passes me by and says:
    "Wow cutie, you're looking slimmmmmmm and gooooooodddddd!!! So, as I'm getting his jeans, ready to iron them, I get this CRAZY idea...to try on a pair of his jeans! Now my husband is a slim and trim tall handsome stud. EVERYONE in my family is slim and trim, except for me. Anyhoo, I try his jeans on and THEY FIT--DID YOU HEAR ME? THEY FIT!!!! Yes, I could button them all the way up and YES, I did have the dreaded "muffin top" in them--BUT THEY FIT!!!!

I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO FIT HIS JEANS IN 15 (MAYBE EVEN 17 YEARS OR MORE....THEYYYYYY FITTTTTT!!!!

I'm am so excited about this. My beloved is a size 32-33 waist (he's 6"2 and about 175-180lbs or so). I'm am so humbled I could SCREAM!!!! I'm going to include the ugly muffin top photo, just to keep me humble and to geek me up to continue on this fabulous road of slim and trimdom!

BOOOOOOOM--THEY FIT!!!!! WOW!!! Thank you Jesus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i534b7snxalg.jpg

2cslpud1c8jr.jpg

TO KEEP ME HUMBLE...HERE'S THE MUFFIN TOP PIC---Bring it, I'm thrilled and excited that I haven't arrived, but I'm almost there!!!! YEAH Baby YEAH!!!!!

ebvnhyl2txz8.jpg

Wooooohoooooo YaY for you!🏆🏆🏆

{{{{{{{{ <3 YOU Rock Snow, period. <3 }}}}}}}}}}
  • snoo61

i534b7snxalg.jpg

2cslpud1c8jr.jpg

ebvnhyl2txz8.jpg

This is totally inspiring and way beyond YAY! Congratulations my friend! You have it going on. You keep showing us that we can, love it!
  • barbp7 wrote: »
    I know, that's a bad attitude. I will really try to get rid of those too big clothes!!

Just keep one size bigger. Up ten pounds only. Get rid of the rest. When you need the bigger clothes then you know it is time to get back to work
  • I went through a phase where I wanted to just get rid of everything months ago. I read that getting rid of "skinny clothes" is good for body positivity so I did just that.... But now I am almost back to a place where I could fit in most of those clothes and I am wondering if I made the right move or not. Maybe it was worth the release of holding onto all of that stuff, but I wish I had some more clothes now!

Ooh yes keep a few skinny clothes that are timeless.... But when I went on ww I lost 35 pounds and my skinny clothes ended uo being too big anyway. But my girlfriend who is smaller than me wad also losing weight and when she got skinnier than her skinny clothes.... She gave them to me!!! Now to stay this weight!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!