Running. 55.9/60
    Cycling 8.20

Upcoming Races
    September 29th free 5K Tishomingo, ok
    October 14th Spirit of Survival Lawton OK. Quarter Marathon
    November 3rd Dinosaur Valley Endurance Run. Half. Glen Rose TX
    January 5 BIRR Ultra relay. 50k. Hawaii. For @KeepRunningFatboy
    March 31, 2019 A2A Undecided distance. Ardmore OK
    April 28, 2019 OKC Memorial Marathon (half)
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Welcome back @KWKirkbride !
  • Elise4270
    Options
    sarahthes wrote: »
    Ketchup is only for French fries. No eggs, no macaroni, no hamburgers, no hotdogs.

Just sayin'.

C'mon Sarah. I love you. Don't make me regret it... Ketchup is not a food. Mayonnaise is for french fries. Salsa (maybe on eggs, franks red hot is best), macaroni? What? Who puts ketchup on macaroni! Burger? Ok ya i like a nasty messy burger with ketchup, mayo and mustard... So alright... I still love you. Dogs? Nah. Never catsoup.😊
  • Elise4270
    Options
    Who knew condiments were SO controversial amongst we runners?

Get it out y'all. @PastorVincent started it, again. 😆

Whats your poison?

In the morning, I shall still respect each and every one of you ketchup eatin' fools. Scouts honor. Oh im not a scout. Haha!
    My DD loves ketchup, I've teased her through the years, if she needed a nipple for that ketchup bottle. My ex husband ate white crackers and ketchup. He was a yankee. I guess they didnt have chips and salsa where he came from! Haha!
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    5 trail miles at the lake, hot but otherwise lovely. Going for my stretch goal of 50 miles.

So, this is odd... I got the link today to the finish line video for my 5k. Looked at myself, usually I look like a shambling zombie by the end of a race but this time I looked almost perky, that was nice. What's odd is that I looked up my AG winners out of curiosity and my AG was won by a tall, athletic young man visibly wearing the bib number of the AG winner for the female 50-54 winner.

Also, the female masters winner is slowly walking a dog, and clearly her 23 minute time is her walking the mile walk, not running the 5k. And the second place finisher in the AG is also a walker with not a hair out of place. It's theoretically possible that both of these women ran like hell for the first 2.8 miles and then slowed to a casual walk when they turned the corner in view of the finish camera, but it seems damned unlikely. The course was set up so the mile walk started 15 minutes after the 5k and has the same start and finish, with the middle cut out.

I reported the man. The woman whose bib it was has run a couple of other local races and ordinarily runs 13 minute miles. It seems weird that anyone would deliberately cheat on a charity 5k, so maybe she gave her bib to her son or something without realizing he would win the AG. If he just ran with her bib that would be one thing, but he actually took the award away from the next person...

Wow. Cheating is sooooo frowned upon... I'm glad you caught it and reported it. I dont see how when they handed the AG award for a womans AG, they didn't notice the man wasn't a woman...

You can always post that on FB or uh, another runners site, I cant remember, letsrun maybe, if you dont get satisfaction.
    Letsrun would probably make fun of it being that it's a local 5k and they can be snotty about what they call "hobby joggers". It's definitely NOT a supportive group like this. Glad you reported what you noticed to the race directors, though. I wonder, did the lady the number belonged to accept the award - maybe the race has a facebook page with pictures?

No that just makes me depressed, "hobby joggers"? I dont find dead bodies for a hobbie. Although, I wouldn't be opposed to such a thing. But then, I think, I'd be a canine.

Yeah, this thread is a gem on the net. Been part of it probably a year now, not sure, and it always has been supportive.

WELL, THERE WAS THAT WHOLE INSULTING MY HOTDOGS INCIDENT but, eh, nothing is perfect I guess. :lol:

Oh fill me in, I missed that one!

Oh lord. He eats his dogs with ketchup. So we had a whole mustard/ketchup team thing razzing him.

I'm voting for kraut and spicy brown mustard this time.🌭

lol. hot dogs in NZ is different, they are like a corndog, just a sausage on a stick covered in batter (not cornbread) and served with tomato sauce.

• Elise4270
    Options
    5 trail miles at the lake, hot but otherwise lovely. Going for my stretch goal of 50 miles.

So, this is odd... I got the link today to the finish line video for my 5k. Looked at myself, usually I look like a shambling zombie by the end of a race but this time I looked almost perky, that was nice. What's odd is that I looked up my AG winners out of curiosity and my AG was won by a tall, athletic young man visibly wearing the bib number of the AG winner for the female 50-54 winner.

Also, the female masters winner is slowly walking a dog, and clearly her 23 minute time is her walking the mile walk, not running the 5k. And the second place finisher in the AG is also a walker with not a hair out of place. It's theoretically possible that both of these women ran like hell for the first 2.8 miles and then slowed to a casual walk when they turned the corner in view of the finish camera, but it seems damned unlikely. The course was set up so the mile walk started 15 minutes after the 5k and has the same start and finish, with the middle cut out.

I reported the man. The woman whose bib it was has run a couple of other local races and ordinarily runs 13 minute miles. It seems weird that anyone would deliberately cheat on a charity 5k, so maybe she gave her bib to her son or something without realizing he would win the AG. If he just ran with her bib that would be one thing, but he actually took the award away from the next person...

Wow. Cheating is sooooo frowned upon... I'm glad you caught it and reported it. I dont see how when they handed the AG award for a womans AG, they didn't notice the man wasn't a woman...

You can always post that on FB or uh, another runners site, I cant remember, letsrun maybe, if you dont get satisfaction.
    Letsrun would probably make fun of it being that it's a local 5k and they can be snotty about what they call "hobby joggers". It's definitely NOT a supportive group like this. Glad you reported what you noticed to the race directors, though. I wonder, did the lady the number belonged to accept the award - maybe the race has a facebook page with pictures?

No that just makes me depressed, "hobby joggers"? I dont find dead bodies for a hobbie. Although, I wouldn't be opposed to such a thing. But then, I think, I'd be a canine.

Yeah, this thread is a gem on the net. Been part of it probably a year now, not sure, and it always has been supportive.

WELL, THERE WAS THAT WHOLE INSULTING MY HOTDOGS INCIDENT but, eh, nothing is perfect I guess. :lol:

Oh lord. He eats his dogs with ketchup. So we had a whole mustard/ketchup team thing razzing him.

lol. hot dogs in NZ is different, they are like a corndog, just a sausage on a stick covered in batter (not cornbread) and served with tomato sauce.

That I'm down for.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options

That I'm down for.

Not me. I need to be GF. SO I will stick with my ketchup! :triumph:
  • Avidkeo
    edited September 2018
    Options
    OK complete change of subject, but you HAVE to watch this. be warned, it will leave you in stitches and tissues will be needed (due to tears of laughter)

https://www.facebook.com/james.mcdonald.161/videos/10157051971150616/
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    OK complete change of subject, but you HAVE to watch this. be warned, it will leave you in stitches and tissues will be needed (due to tears of laughter)

Needs to come with a warning that it ends in a cliff hanger!
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    @juliet3455 I wonder why she missed the corner; can you do that by accident pretty easily on a trail race? Or was it just that she regretted it once she realized she was taking a prize?
    It is VERY VERY easy at some races, even some road races I have been in. I would assume she missed by mistake unless heard otherwise. *I* have done it by mistake, so I know it is doable. :)

I believe it was an honest mistake. There were several spots where the trails would meet and traveled together in opposite directions or in the same direction but would split off, so if you are talking - looking at your watch/phone it would be easy to step over the line and be captured on the new path. These were usually due to detours caused by Flooded or Damaged trails. One was so runners would go past the same aid station at differant distances. Two years ago 3 ladies ( ~100m ahead of me ) ran right through a X intersection that had 3 signs clearly marking the hard right hand turn to the finish. There have even been instances where the Aid Station volunteers have accidentally mis-directed runners. Those I blame on the organizers as the Aid Station Pre-Race package/briefing should have covered it.

We had a Obstacle Course race in town on saturday, the event took place at the local Ski Hill and there are Trails going everywhere with lots of signposts. So to hold an event you just hang Direction/Turn signs on the posts that you need and leave the others blank- or put a stop go back sign for the lost.
    There were 3 spots where the marking was not perfect.
    Two were on downhill sections where people would look over top the first trail signpost marker to the next one further down the hill and run down to it and then realize there was no Blue Sign on it. The Sharp Athlete's ran back uphill to the previous signpost. Others just continued on and went off course.
    The third point was at the top of a hill with a natural sweeping left hand turn ( mowed path ) and the route continued uphill for 200m ( mowed path ). 3 steps after the sweeping left there was a hard right hand turn downhill onto an overgrown trail - that had a Big White Splash of paint on a tree 50m away - that white splash was like a magnet even though the trail was wild (not an official trail) and under used. I call it Race Blindness.
    Once the organizers heard some people had went astray the roving crew went over and added more marking. So the lesson for the organizers was Familiarity Breeds Contempt - that is the organizers know the course so well that they can't believe anyone would get off the mowed path or miss a signpost. The one organizer's dog spent so much time on the hill if you told him "Run Misery" he would take off and run the whole course without any guidance.
  • Elise4270
    Options

Cute!
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    There are gf corn dogs @PastorVincent

In Norway they eat hot dogs in lefse. I need gf lefse.

I usually eat my hot dogs plain. Or with mustard. Sometimes I'll mix ketchup in. Especially now that its jalapeno ketchup.
  • Avidkeo
    Options

Needs to come with a warning that it ends in a cliff hanger!

The Lady had gone into the shop to buy the dog a sausage as a treat. She had to take the flag back and pay for the sausage. This happened in our neighboring town - its pretty unique, note the train track down the middle of the main street.