Goal weight criticized

Options

Replies

• kq1981
    kq1981 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I never tell anyone how much more I need to lose. I get sick of hearing “there’ll be nothing left of you” “you’ll look sick”. Blah. I’ll do what I need to for me thanks
  • Candyspun
    Candyspun Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I have a question: when you're avoiding answering this question about how much more you have left to lose, what exactly do you say? Because I'm starting to get this question now, and I'm not keen to share that info.
  • SteamPug
    SteamPug Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Candyspun wrote: »
    I have a question: when you're avoiding answering this question about how much more you have left to lose, what exactly do you say? Because I'm starting to get this question now, and I'm not keen to share that info.
    Id either lie and tell them something like I’m not really trying to lose, just focusing on eating healthy now, or tell them you don’t have a set weight and are just going with the flow. It’s suitably vague but doesn’t warrant too many questions imo.

• kq1981
    kq1981 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Candyspun wrote: »

I say now, just looking after my health now.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    SteamPug wrote: »
    Definitely stop sharing information with those people. I’m 116 at5’4” and still plan to lose a few more pounds. It’s really just preference.
    I do wonder if because bigger has become more normal people are just more wary of lower weights, even if they’re within a healthy BMI

This is true as sad as it is. Being at a healthy weight IS abnormal since the majority are overweight/obese.
  • FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    GoodLardy wrote: »
    I typed this out once and it disappeared, sorry if it’s repost. My goal weight has been criticized three times this week. I want to weigh in the 130’s. I am 5’4”. One person goal weight is much higher than mine at same height, one said I should be satisfied at 150 even though they are 135 at 5’7’. Another said because I have children and am older I should be satisfied w a higher weight. I feel like that is selling myself short. Do they want me to stay fat ? And for what reason? They said not when I asked, just said 130s is too low and skinny. Grrr!

I'm exactly 5'4 and my goal weight was 120! 130 is definetly not too skinny! I'm actually 117 right now, after maintaince I kept losing and I do feel under 120 is a bit too thin for me. The people critizing you may just not be used to seeing you changed, they'll get used to it over time. Most importantly focus on yourself, if you feel good that's all that matters !
  • getfitwith_aish
    getfitwith_aish Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I’m 5”4’ and my goal weight is 120. It’s not skinny. If you keep lifting it makes you strong! For me it’s more about losing the fat so I don’t feel softer . Same height and weight looks different on different ppl depending upon eating habits and workouts
  • kardsharp
    kardsharp Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    The only person that knows I am trying to lose weight is my husband. Most of the people I know are heavier than I am and have always said things like "you are so skinny" 'eat a donut" . Perhaps compared to them, I am skinny. I don't care, I am not under weight and I eat very well. I also workout. So, just continue your wonderful journey and be your best, healthiest you.
  • OddDitty
    OddDitty Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    GoodLardy wrote: »
    I typed this out once and it disappeared, sorry if it’s repost. My goal weight has been criticized three times this week. I want to weigh in the 130’s. I am 5’4”. One person goal weight is much higher than mine at same height, one said I should be satisfied at 150 even though they are 135 at 5’7’. Another said because I have children and am older I should be satisfied w a higher weight. I feel like that is selling myself short. Do they want me to stay fat ? And for what reason? They said not when I asked, just said 130s is too low and skinny. Grrr!

Well hon, 140 isn't fat, depending on your bone structure. HAVING SAID THAT you seem to have a realistic goal at 130. If people have issues with that, then its on them, not you. Unless your doctor tells you that's too light, then you don't need to worry. Five-four is average height and women in that group generally weigh between 115-135 (according to one report I read). So no worries! You focus on your goal and good luck to you! :)
  • GoodLardy
    GoodLardy Posts: 163 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    OP has me on her side until she said she felt "fat"...Are the people you are saying fat at 150 weighing or more than that? Is this on here or to your friends? I don't think I am fat, but that is my opinion. Weigh whatever you want, but don't put down a number.

I am 210, not 150. The others are saying my goal should be 150, where in a later post I said I did not feel my healthiest at that weight when I was there before . Sorry if that wasn’t clear.